Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not 100% sure about how the timing works but I ordered on 5/14 my MPY white w/tow. At that time it said 5-10 weeks but I hadn't updated all my trade info. Today when I finished all that up, it now says 3-7 weeks. That would put me 6/4 - 7/2.

I was actually hoping to not get a end of quarter car based on how bad a friend's M3 turned out. It looked like they just slapped everything together. In July was actually good for a lot of reasons. OTOH I am not going to complain if it shows up earlier as long as it is put together pretty well. If it can come earlier, it simplifies my trade aspect as well. I didn't want my trade quote to expire before I got the car. This way I might actually have a chance to get the car without a reevaluation of my vehicle.

Surprisingly Tesla has had the best offer when I factor in the sales tax savings. So if I can trade it in time, that would be my preference at this point. At least I am not getting sucked in too much to the roller coaster ride that the delivery dates can be.

dumb question, but where is the VIN assigned when it does occur? I've been logging into my Tesla account via browser and I see still see the 6-10 weeks from order expected delivery time frame and my profile is complete but nothing aside from that.

Also when I log into my Tesla app on my iPhone I was just getting the welcome to Tesla and now I'm just getting a server failed to respond message even after I log in and out.

dumb question, but where is the VIN assigned when it does occur? I've been logging into my Tesla account via browser and I see still see the 6-10 weeks from order expected delivery time frame and my profile is complete but nothing aside from that.

Also when I log into my Tesla app on my iPhone I was just getting the welcome to Tesla and now I'm just getting a server failed to respond message even after I log in and out.
In the past it is assigned when the car in the factory gets the vin (not sure if its during or post-production).

These days it seems that this practice has changed and the VIN will only get assigned AFTER the car has been produced, transported to your delivery center and having gone through the delivery team's inspection. (I learned about this from the general Model Y order thread)

To me it makes more sense this way - last time I picked up a M3P I went to the delivery center, then my SC was like "sorry they noticed that there are some imperfections and we'd like to get you a better car that we are now finishing up". Then I sat there and waited 3 hours for them to re-assign another VIN to me. Maybe with the new process it seems that the car will have to pass their internal inspection before it gets assigned to someone?

I think the other net result is also people having to wait longer for a VIN (because now they have to wait for transport and inspection), but as soon as a VIN gets assigned to our accounts then pick up will follow very quickly? Not sure. Lab ratting it.

Reactions: shivy_shiv