Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took delivery at the Renton SC and though I've had a few issues with one or more individuals there (might be the same person, not sure), it went great and everyone was a pleasure to work with.
How long did you have from VIN to delivery? I’m also taking delivery in Renton.
Test drove a MYP this weekend while I was on your side of the mountains. Just wow. Everything I wanted. Can’t wait for mine.

So when I stopped by Bellevue location this weekend a SA said that teslas have been running on vision-only autopilot for months now.
Looking back I should have dug deeper, to clarify if it was all vehicles or some that had opted in or… but it did sound like he meant all Teslas, and i did clarify even ones with Radar.

Well, today was "fun" - drove 350 mi (700 round trip) to get to the Tesla, apparently the truck with my MYP broke down. I would have happily waited all day, but after the driver broke down, he stopped communication with Tesla. Tesla employees did everything they could, can't fault them. They offered to put me up in a hotel (which I couldn't do due to animals at my house wanting food). Since I couldn't do that, they gave me a loaner Model 3, accepted my trade-in and are shipping my MYP to my residence free of charge. Must say, for my day not going that well, they handled the situation really great.

To add insult to things, I didn't think to ask if the loaner had the mobile charger in there. After getting home (superchargers are otw home, but none within 50mi) I went to look for the mobile charger, not in the trunk / frunk / anywhere to be found. I didn't get an electrician to hook up my home charger yet... 53 mi remain on the car right now, lol, guess I'm not going anywhere soon.

Well, today was "fun" - drove 350 mi (700 round trip) to get to the Tesla, apparently the truck with my MYP broke down. I would have happily waited all day, but after the driver broke down, he stopped communication with Tesla. Tesla employees did everything they could, can't fault them. They offered to put me up in a hotel (which I couldn't do due to animals at my house wanting food). Since I couldn't do that, they gave me a loaner Model 3, accepted my trade-in and are shipping my MYP to my residence free of charge. Must say, for my day not going that well, they handled the situation really great.

To add insult to things, I didn't think to ask if the loaner had the mobile charger in there. After getting home (superchargers are otw home, but none within 50mi) I went to look for the mobile charger, not in the trunk / frunk / anywhere to be found. I didn't get an electrician to hook up my home charger yet... 53 mi remain on the car right now, lol, guess I'm not going anywhere soon.
Sorry man! What a long day!

Ordered 21 April. Took delivery today in SoCal, 6 June. MYP MSM, nothing else.

While the process was smooth, the car had one glaring defect and several minor issues. I spent 2.5 hours inspecting the car before I paid. I recommend you do the same.

1. The hood was very misaligned, it was noticeable as soon as I walked up to it… how does this make it past inspection? This was corrected in the shop.

2. The lift gate left side pillar was misaligned. Also, the driver side door molding was misaligned. This was not corrected as the techs said nothing could be done.

3. The roof glass was offset towards the driver by 2.5-3 mm. Not correctable on site. But logged for correction at later date.

4. Driver door weather stripping and passenger side rear weather stripping mis-installed. Fixed on site.

5. Driver side passenger bench loose. Not fixable on site. Logged for fix later.

These super annoying issues aside, the car is awesome!

I took delivery on Friday, only sat in the car for about an hour and only drove it .8 miles. Drove it straight to the PPF installer around the corner from the delivery center and patiently waiting to get my car back on Tuesday or Wednesday. Doesn't even feel like I own a Model Y yet. 😅

Woke up at 4 am to get to the airport to head to NJ. I was hoping to arrive 30-60 min but I made record time and was two hours early. The one time there was zero traffic from JFK to Paramus I could have actually used some lol.

Anyways, I immediately got my 10 am appointment and was on the road by 10:08. And part of that time was a few minutes stuck in the area where they keep the cars blocked off with a traffic cone they forgot to remove.

Disappointed not to have the passenger lumbar. There were a few signs the inside of the car wasn't 100% clean, a scuff mark on the dash, someones hair in the back...not a biggie but this is the first time buying a car new so a little disappointed.

I did the quickest of inspections but overall things look great. I believe though my rims were previously scuffed and one headlight is slightly misaligned. That's all I've seen so far.

All in all very happy. Oh and as far as ride being harsh I was expecting to be disappointed but I think it's just fine. I believe from the 2020 models they made some adjustments to the suspension? My father has the 2020 and I think that had a harsher feel going over bumps....

Reactions: Skyeforge and VikH
Took delivery of my MYP yesterday, went top to bottom with my prepared checklist and found absolutely nothing. Completely in love with this car, so fast, comfortable, stable and great sound system. It did have the PPF on the rears and no lumbar for the passenger.
I took delivery of mine ytd too! The gap where the bottom of the A pillar meets the other body panel isn't perfect (one side slightly thicker than the other). Raised that issue. They were willing to fix it but would have to move multiple panels so I was like you know what don't worry about it - not obvious at all.

Other than that everything else was perfect (and I used that lengthy checklist). No joke. Trims and Panels (are flush, car was clean, seats folded down. Paint was good tho it was raining.

I had yet another hood dent scared tho. I parked the car later on at a mall. As I was walking towards the car I noticed that there are two round soft dents neat the T emblem on the hood. Looked like someone closed it using their thumbs to press down and those parts of the hood caved. Drove back to the delivery center to have it logged and see what can be done - to my surprised they fixed it by loosening some screws that's part of the locking mechanism that holds the hood down.

Thank God I don't have to get my good replaced. Almost hugged the delivery rep but could because of covid.

• Informative
Reactions: VikH
Oh and as far as ride being harsh I was expecting to be disappointed but I think it's just fine. I believe from the 2020 models they made some adjustments to the suspension? My father has the 2020 and I think that had a harsher feel going over bumps....
This was something I tried to pay attention to in my test drive this weekend. and I wasn’t offended at all. Slightly stiffer than my accord, but the fact that the tires are that slim, is expected.

Reactions: fantaxp7
I’ll definitely report back. I’ve enjoyed the reports from those before me. Time to pay it forward! 🙂

Well, as promised, here's my report...hope it's not too long-winded!

I was originally scheduled to pick up on Saturday the 5th. Sadly, I received a call on Friday night that during detailing they noticed a crack in one of the headlights, and when water got it, the light blew out. Great. They did say they had a replacement on order (I'm thinking weeks or months at this point, getting ready to look at alternatives) and that they'd receive it next day! There was still a SLIGHT chance of Saturday delivery, but since that was unlikely, they rescheduled me for Sunday. I asked for the first available appointment, they gave me 11am. Even though that meant getting up at 5am, I took it. Not likely I'd sleep anyway! :)

Saturday morning at 11am I get another call. Great, I expected they were going to delay until sometime during the week. Tesla rep told me the light wasn't in yet, and wanted to make sure Sunday at 11am would still work for me. I said it would, but was starting to get nervous that the light wouldn't make it at all. She assured me it would and promised to text me once it was received. Well, at 4:30 I still hadn't heard from them, so decided to call expecting bad news. Fortunately, the answer was that the headlight came, had been installed and that 11am was still a go! Yay! I quizzed them a bit - is there anything else wrong? Was the headlight the only thing? No scratches or other issues from installation? They assured me I'd not even know the headlight was changed. OK, I hope so!

Sunday morning comes and we head out. My friend drove my wife and I down in his Bolt. We arrived at about 5 minutes before 11, and as we rolled up, I saw a lot full of cars, but right there in front was one Red one, and it's a PERFORMANCE model...Only red one in the lot of 15-20 cars. Gotta be mine! I got out of the Bolt and crossed the road hardly looking for traffic. All I can see is that one Red MYP! :oops: As I get closer, I see my name in the printed sheet in the window with my 11am appt. Time. I have no idea what happened with the others (my wife, son and friend) that were with me...barely noticed the 20-30 others milling about looking at their cars. I'm just seeing my MYP. I looked around, headlights first, gaps, curb rash, marks on anything, trim pieces missing, anything? Al I found were 3 pieces of packing tape they hadn't removed yet and some "goo" on my passenger window. Everything perfect!

I have to say this red looks so much better in person than in anything on Tesla's web site and better than most pictures. I'm not a "red" person generally, but this thing is gorgeous. I wanted something "different" when ordering. That was a success too...of all the cars in the lot, there was only one other Red one and that was an M3 someone was trying out. Lots of whites and blues with a black or two sprinkled in...but only one RED.

OK, enough of that, on to delivery. I headed toward the store, and at the entrance are two 3D bar codes. Scanned the first and it asked a couple questions, I can't even remember what they were, but essentially my name, phone number, etc. Quick from. Submit that and then scan a SECOND 3D Bar code. This one has a checklist of things to do. Primarily look the car over, sign some papers in the highlighted areas and turn on the 4 way flashers when ready. Before I could even do that, a Tesla Rep came up and started helping. He verbally repeated much that was on the 3D bar code check list. When I finished signing, he took them into the store and came back a few minutes later. He said we're almost good and while we waited he went over some basics. He also asked if I wanted them to install the front plate. They left it in the back ready to go if I wanted it, but I said no thank you, I'll handle that when I get home. Snap Plate for me, thank you!

I had read the manual on the days leading up to delivery, thought I had it all handled, but I was so excited I forget everything I had read. Thank GOD he went over things. We got both key card assigned to a profile (mine and my wife's). Helped gets seat and setting wheels and mirrors adjusted. When all done he asked if I had any questions. I had none so he congratulated me and asked if I was ready to go! Hell yeah! There was a white Y in front of me which he had to move, and then they removed the cones blocking the parking lot access and let me go! I pulled off the road a bit down the block so I could get the navigation set and off I went...Very careful to avoid the curb in my new Ubers.

The whole process was probably 1/2 hour? I'm not sure, bit of a blur to me! But it was quick. They have things VERY well organized at Mount Kisco! Sooooo many people and cars, but completely organized. The only snafu in the whole thing is that he was supposed to return the folder and my part of the paperwork, but never did. I need to call them to see if I can get that.

Ride back was great. Car was perfect. I forgot to enable Auto Pilot on the first half of the trip, so only had TACC, but enabled it at the first charge. It's not perfect, but it's much more relaxing to drive with a car on AP even with the imperfections. The ride is great. I have no idea what people are complaining about. I guess it must depend on where you're coming from, what you've been driving. I came from a Grand Cherokee with air suspension. I see nothing that needs changing with the MYP's suspension.

Anything else? Feel free to ask. I love this thing. Looking for excuses to drive even though I drove 230 miles and back yesterday! Anyone want me to deliver anything??? :)

Jack Z

I took delivery of mine ytd too! The gap where the bottom of the A pillar meets the other body panel isn't perfect (one side slightly thicker than the other). Raised that issue. They were willing to fix it but would have to move multiple panels so I was like you know what don't worry about it - not obvious at all.

Other than that everything else was perfect (and I used that lengthy checklist). No joke. Trims and Panels (are flush, car was clean, seats folded down. Paint was good tho it was raining.

I had yet another hood dent scared tho. I parked the car later on at a mall. As I was walking towards the car I noticed that there are two round soft dents neat the T emblem on the hood. Looked like someone closed it using their thumbs to press down and those parts of the hood caved. Drove back to the delivery center to have it logged and see what can be done - to my surprised they fixed it by loosening some screws that's part of the locking mechanism that holds the hood down.

Thank God I don't have to get my good replaced. Almost hugged the delivery rep but could because of covid.
Lol, I bet, that must have been a huge relief! Glad it all worked out. Just dropped mine off for full PPF and ceramic, can't wait to see that shine! I did drive around all weekend and wow, what an amazing car, no regrets at all. I've also seen a lot of complaints about the harsh ride of not only the MYP but the LY and I don't understand, it's perfect to me.

Reactions: cancoi
How long did you have from VIN to delivery? I’m also taking delivery in Renton.
Test drove a MYP this weekend while I was on your side of the mountains. Just wow. Everything I wanted. Can’t wait for mine.
I think it was about 5 days but it's kind of a blur now. lol. It is amazing, couldn't be happier and by far, best car I've ever driven and I've owned a lot of cars.. Hope you get yours soon!

Well, as promised, here's my report...hope it's not too long-winded!

I was originally scheduled to pick up on Saturday the 5th. Sadly, I received a call on Friday night that during detailing they noticed a crack in one of the headlights, and when water got it, the light blew out. Great. They did say they had a replacement on order (I'm thinking weeks or months at this point, getting ready to look at alternatives) and that they'd receive it next day! There was still a SLIGHT chance of Saturday delivery, but since that was unlikely, they rescheduled me for Sunday. I asked for the first available appointment, they gave me 11am. Even though that meant getting up at 5am, I took it. Not likely I'd sleep anyway! :)

Saturday morning at 11am I get another call. Great, I expected they were going to delay until sometime during the week. Tesla rep told me the light wasn't in yet, and wanted to make sure Sunday at 11am would still work for me. I said it would, but was starting to get nervous that the light wouldn't make it at all. She assured me it would and promised to text me once it was received. Well, at 4:30 I still hadn't heard from them, so decided to call expecting bad news. Fortunately, the answer was that the headlight came, had been installed and that 11am was still a go! Yay! I quizzed them a bit - is there anything else wrong? Was the headlight the only thing? No scratches or other issues from installation? They assured me I'd not even know the headlight was changed. OK, I hope so!

Sunday morning comes and we head out. My friend drove my wife and I down in his Bolt. We arrived at about 5 minutes before 11, and as we rolled up, I saw a lot full of cars, but right there in front was one Red one, and it's a PERFORMANCE model...Only red one in the lot of 15-20 cars. Gotta be mine! I got out of the Bolt and crossed the road hardly looking for traffic. All I can see is that one Red MYP! :oops: As I get closer, I see my name in the printed sheet in the window with my 11am appt. Time. I have no idea what happened with the others (my wife, son and friend) that were with me...barely noticed the 20-30 others milling about looking at their cars. I'm just seeing my MYP. I looked around, headlights first, gaps, curb rash, marks on anything, trim pieces missing, anything? Al I found were 3 pieces of packing tape they hadn't removed yet and some "goo" on my passenger window. Everything perfect!

I have to say this red looks so much better in person than in anything on Tesla's web site and better than most pictures. I'm not a "red" person generally, but this thing is gorgeous. I wanted something "different" when ordering. That was a success too...of all the cars in the lot, there was only one other Red one and that was an M3 someone was trying out. Lots of whites and blues with a black or two sprinkled in...but only one RED.

OK, enough of that, on to delivery. I headed toward the store, and at the entrance are two 3D bar codes. Scanned the first and it asked a couple questions, I can't even remember what they were, but essentially my name, phone number, etc. Quick from. Submit that and then scan a SECOND 3D Bar code. This one has a checklist of things to do. Primarily look the car over, sign some papers in the highlighted areas and turn on the 4 way flashers when ready. Before I could even do that, a Tesla Rep came up and started helping. He verbally repeated much that was on the 3D bar code check list. When I finished signing, he took them into the store and came back a few minutes later. He said we're almost good and while we waited he went over some basics. He also asked if I wanted them to install the front plate. They left it in the back ready to go if I wanted it, but I said no thank you, I'll handle that when I get home. Snap Plate for me, thank you!

I had read the manual on the days leading up to delivery, thought I had it all handled, but I was so excited I forget everything I had read. Thank GOD he went over things. We got both key card assigned to a profile (mine and my wife's). Helped gets seat and setting wheels and mirrors adjusted. When all done he asked if I had any questions. I had none so he congratulated me and asked if I was ready to go! Hell yeah! There was a white Y in front of me which he had to move, and then they removed the cones blocking the parking lot access and let me go! I pulled off the road a bit down the block so I could get the navigation set and off I went...Very careful to avoid the curb in my new Ubers.

The whole process was probably 1/2 hour? I'm not sure, bit of a blur to me! But it was quick. They have things VERY well organized at Mount Kisco! Sooooo many people and cars, but completely organized. The only snafu in the whole thing is that he was supposed to return the folder and my part of the paperwork, but never did. I need to call them to see if I can get that.

Ride back was great. Car was perfect. I forgot to enable Auto Pilot on the first half of the trip, so only had TACC, but enabled it at the first charge. It's not perfect, but it's much more relaxing to drive with a car on AP even with the imperfections. The ride is great. I have no idea what people are complaining about. I guess it must depend on where you're coming from, what you've been driving. I came from a Grand Cherokee with air suspension. I see nothing that needs changing with the MYP's suspension.

Anything else? Feel free to ask. I love this thing. Looking for excuses to drive even though I drove 230 miles and back yesterday! Anyone want me to deliver anything??? :)

Jack Z
Thanks for the report Jack! I'm going to guess "NO" on the installed PPF. I have a buddy in Jersey and his MYLR he got last week did not have it. Also guessing "No" on mudflaps, as I also hear that is Canada only, (though I guess some folks have gotten those too).