Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After all the MYLR delays and getting to drive a friend's MYP this week, I decided to spend the extra $8K on a MYP. Ordered last night and got an EDD this morning of 9/15-9/30.
That's awesome :) I only test drove a long range at the Tesla dealer (and that was plenty quick), so I don't have a reference for how much of a difference there is in between that and the MYP. Is there anything other than the acceleration that made you go for the MYP?

Reactions: minnesnowta
That's awesome :) I only test drove a long range at the Tesla dealer (and that was plenty quick), so I don't have a reference for how much of a difference there is in between that and the MYP.
Hah, same. My wife and I test drove a LR (not sure if it had speed boost) back in early May March and loved it, but she wasn't convinced we needed a new car (spoiler: we didn't and still don't). Finally after twisting her arm all summer, she relented on 8/14. I was planning on getting the induction wheels + speed boost, but with the price difference only being ~$3K between that and a P, we (well, I) sprung for a P for a quicker delivery.

Hah, same. My wife and I test drove a LR (not sure if it had speed boost) back in early May March and loved it, but she wasn't convinced we needed a new car (spoiler: we didn't and still don't). Finally after twisting her arm all summer, she relented on 8/14. I was planning on getting the induction wheels + speed boost, but with the price difference only being ~$3K between that and a P, we (well, I) sprung for a P for a quicker delivery.
Given where you live, you gonna grab winter tires? I really hope someone comes out with all season tires for the uberturbines.

Reactions: minnesnowta
Given where you live, you gonna grab winter tires? I really hope someone comes out with all season tires for the uberturbines.
Yep, I'm going to get a separate wheel/tire combo for winter since I like switching out the wheels myself at home. Planning on going with a non-staggered 19" wheel of some sort, but haven't decided on a particular wheel/tire yet.

Reactions: retlod and AK_MYP
You're super close - looks like most of the West coast/july order crowd are now getting VINs. If I were you, I'd call in a few days if you don't get it. 6-7 weeks seems to be the norm for your region's orders and you're getting past that now.

Just called this morning, and they told me "It should be any day now, early next week at latest". Not sure if that helped because now i am refreshing my order page even more frequently haha. Seems so close now but I am still trying not to get my hopes up as a few weeks ago they told me 8/22 and that day has come and gone.

That's awesome :) I only test drove a long range at the Tesla dealer (and that was plenty quick), so I don't have a reference for how much of a difference there is in between that and the MYP. Is there anything other than the acceleration that made you go for the MYP?
I love the look of the MYP, especially the wheels and slightly lower stance. I know the ride will be harsher, but I'm fortunate to live in an area of SoCal with well maintained roads.

So I just called the 800 number after I got my VIN yesterday and they just told me I will get a txt to schedule when the car get closer to here. They said an email was sent saying I got my VIN. Wrong and it wasn’t in my spam mail. I checked there also.

Reactions: AK_MYP
Just called this morning, and they told me "It should be any day now, early next week at latest". Not sure if that helped because now i am refreshing my order page even more frequently haha. Seems so close now but I am still trying not to get my hopes up as a few weeks ago they told me 8/22 and that day has come and gone.
Im more eager than ever after seeing everyone get their VINs, im just hoping that day I get my VIN, delivery comes a day after 🤞