Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all! New to the MY boards, as I've spent most of my TMC life (three years) frequenting the M3, and now MS Plaid forums.... So, I ordered a White/white MYP last night and the default EDD is "4-5 weeks". I live in the Seattle area, where transit time from Freemont is 2-2.5 days, consistently. Based on all the current data, when could I start seeing EDD date ranges? VIN assignment? With the Plaid, for Seattle deliveries, you get a VIN when your EDD range narrows to 7 days. Thanks for any and all insight on the matter! 🙂
I’d guess you’ll get the MYP before quarter end in Sept. There are all kinds of examples of when folks receive a VIN vs. EDD ranges…it seems most seem to narrow near 10 days before a VIN pops in, but there are other examples from larger VIN ranges as well…good luck!

Reactions: jebinc
I’d guess you’ll get the MYP before quarter end in Sept. There are all kinds of examples of when folks receive a VIN vs. EDD ranges…it seems most seem to narrow near 10 days before a VIN pops in, but there are other examples from larger VIN ranges as well…good luck!
@PDXElectric Thanks. How about the first part? Generally speaking, when does a date range, any date range, appear after the initial "4-5 weeks" default?

@PDXElectric Thanks. How about the first part? Generally speaking, when does a date range, any date range, appear after the initial "4-5 weeks" default?
My specific date range showed up as soon as I completed my profile. But right now, it seems we’re all sitting at “4-5 weeks” so I wouldn’t expect an exact date range just yet.

Seems like Tesla reset all the ranges to generic “4-5 weeks” or “October” over the past few days.

Stopped by Tesla in Renton, WA which services Seattle area. Told I was one of four people at their location that had VINs assigned July 27th but still didn't have delivery or even have a vehicle built. The sales manager stated that once a VIN is assigned normally the car is built 2 days later. My EDD changed for the 6th time today on the second day of delivery to Sep 1 to Sept 6. I am pretty sure this is going to continue forever. Everyone else gets a car bit mine keeps getting pushed back.

MYLR silver.

Stopped by Tesla in Renton, WA which services Seattle area. Told I was one of four people at their location that had VINs assigned July 27th but still didn't have delivery or even have a vehicle built. The sales manager stated that once a VIN is assigned normally the car is built 2 days later. My EDD changed for the 6th time today on the second day of delivery to Sep 1 to Sept 6. I am pretty sure this is going to continue forever. Everyone else gets a car bit mine keeps getting pushed back.

MYLR silver.
@rdkeet@hotmail I was at that same DC this morning, before opening. I saw many LRs and a few MYPs. Obviously, they are assigned to someone. Did the person you spoke to there say anything about the performance Ys? I have one of those on order. No VIN or date range.

So I’m picking up a MYP on 08.31 (ordered on 08.23 - VIN 252XXX

I’m seeing VINs in the 257s and 259s. Any way to tell this one is an older build date? I ordered MSM with white interior, no tow/FSD. Will I be getting Bio defense mode?

My May MYLR is probably a month away. I test drove a MYP today and it’s amazing. I want to change my order and take the $2k price adjustment hit. Anyone change their mind last minute like I’m contemplating on doing? I’m not in a hurry for delivery.
Many posters on this forum have done just that. If you're already upgrading to induction wheels and plan to purchase the acceleration boost, then the difference isn't as great as it looks at first glance. IMO, if you want to induce double takes, the MYP is the way to go.

Reactions: diddy
Many posters on this forum have done just that. If you're already upgrading to induction wheels and plan to purchase the acceleration boost, then the difference isn't as great as it looks at first glance. IMO, if you want to induce double takes, the MYP is the way to go.
That’s certainly true because I did upgrade to inductions. However, the price difference is a wash now because of the price bumps since May.

After my MYLR EDD changed to January a few days ago I decided to upgrade to MYP today (Defnintely helped seeing the exact spec I ordered on the road today before making the call). Called my local Tesla store and luckily a manager answered the phone and helped update my current MYLR order to the MYP instead of placing a new order with a new $250 deposit. I need a car rather quickly as I sold my car recently on a deal I couldnt pass. I have a feeling the 4-5 week wait is not very accurate tho... here's to hoping

The price difference from my MYLR order was not much, so I don't see how alot more folks wouldnt change to MYP. Difference was $57.9 vs $62.9. Add in Perf. Boost and its a $3k diff. Definitely worth it over waiting 5 months and constantly tempted at buying another car.

After my MYLR EDD changed to January a few days ago I decided to upgrade to MYP today (Defnintely helped seeing the exact spec I ordered on the road today before making the call). Called my local Tesla store and luckily a manager answered the phone and helped update my current MYLR order to the MYP instead of placing a new order with a new $250 deposit. I need a car rather quickly as I sold my car recently on a deal I couldnt pass. I have a feeling the 4-5 week wait is not very accurate tho... here's to hoping

The price difference from my MYLR order was not much, so I don't see how alot more folks wouldnt change to MYP. Difference was $57.9 vs $62.9. Add in Perf. Boost and its a $3k diff. Definitely worth it over waiting 5 months and constantly tempted at buying another car.
Based on the way it has been going, you’ll likely have your car sometime in September. Several people ordered in August on the east coast and already have VINs. Since you’re in LA you’ll probably be part of the EOQ west coast push. At least that’s what other’s have noticed happens at the end of a quarter.

We were in the same boat with upgrading to the MYP. Higher LR cost + 20” rims + the fact that I would end up buying the performance boost at some point, we decided the $3k was worth it to have the car soon rather than January.

Reactions: M-S-M and TripleA

Definitely agree. The 3k difference is an insane deal for MYP, and is what made it a no brainer for me. Similar cars from other luxury brands range in anywhere from 15-30k more to upgrade to the “highest performance” one.