Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i wonder if orders go into this odd state showing the ambiguous EDD near the end of each month. I don't recall when my EDD went completely missing for the LR model (changed to MYP last week) but felt like it was about a month ago. It would align with an agile development process of planning a given "sprint" where they may plan overall capacity etc. Maybe i'm reading too much into it though.

Last edited:
i wonder if orders go into this odd state showing the ambiguous date near the end of each month. I don't recall when my EDD when completely missing when my order was previously set for LR model but felt like it was about a month ago. It would align with an agile development process of planning a given "sprint" where they may plan overall capacity etc. Maybe i'm reading too much into it though.
Yeah I am remembering about the same as you. Seems to happen last week/first week of every month. I do remember last time was the last week of July/1st of August and on LR order it happened 1st of July.

Reactions: izzelsizzel
As I think I mentioned earlier in this thread, I ordered an MYP on 8/27 & received my VIN & EDD the next day.

I have a 252 VIN, & I'm wondering why it appears to be so much lower than the numbers I've been seeing in this thread. Maybe it was a canceled order from someone? The delivery info says it has 15 miles on it; is that reasonable?

Just curious about all this, no real concerns.

As I think I mentioned earlier in this thread, I ordered an MYP on 8/27 & received my VIN & EDD the next day.

I have a 252 VIN, & I'm wondering why it appears to be so much lower than the numbers I've been seeing in this thread. Maybe it was a canceled order from someone? The delivery info says it has 15 miles on it; is that reasonable?

Cancelled order or rejected at delivery.

Or one that was sitting for some reason. If you watch the Fremont flyovers on YouTube often there are large amounts of vehicles tagged with red markers. The maker guesses these are ones awaiting something prior to being complete for shipment.

With part shortages they could be missing certain items that get added later vs stopping the whole assembly line. Airbags, seatbelts, etc

Reactions: Stevedore
For many (most, all?) markets Tesla seems to be defaulting/demanding home delivery. We don't want home delivery, but our's was changed to home delivery by Tesla.

Have people successfully changed from these Tesla defaulted/mandated home deliveries to SC pickup? Any tips on the points to make to successfully get it changed?

Considering you are in NJ, i think this is normal. Most likely what happened is the car was produced around 2 weeks ago and was put on a truck to be shipped to the east coast. While it was in transit, the original person who it was supposed to be delivered to cancelled the order or couldnt get approved for financing. Therefore they reassigned to you. The timelines line up since most east coast order seem to be around 2 weeks+ from VIN to delivery (for shipping). 14 miles is reasonable, I think some have even seen up to 30 miles at the most.

It's definitely possible it's a cancelled order. I ordered mine on 7/10, my VIN is 251XXX.

Also, I asked when I picked up my car about the mileage being 15 on the DMV paperwork. I was just kidding around and I said "who's been driving my car around" and the guy at the pick up joked "oh no big deal we just ran and got coffee in it" - but actually learned that DMV paperwork has a minimum of 15 miles (or so he said :))

Edited to add: my car actually showed 3 miles on it when I got it.

Reactions: Stevedore

I’m picking up tomorrow and got the VIN on 08.27. 252XXX serial and my SA said it was from the factory. They’ve been making them in batches and shipping them out. No new car comes with 0 miles. Cars are moved around for loading and transportation.
Just set my delivery for 8/31 at 10AM in Cherry Hill. My VIN is a 252 as well

I definitely think since it takes about 2 weeks to ship to east coast, our vins look lower. Makes sense to all be in the same area and have about the same VIN

Just set my delivery for 8/31 at 10AM in Cherry Hill. My VIN is a 252 as well

I definitely think since it takes about 2 weeks to ship to east coast, our vins look lower. Makes sense to all be in the same area and have about the same VIN
Yeah, I think this is the answer. A big batch hit the east coast recently and it took time to ship them there. They could've had a spare one, someone could've canceled, or someone could've rejected a car that Tesla then deemed to be in spec.

Reactions: jebinc