Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got the text for delivery - picking her up Monday!

Did anyone else get VIN and delivery text on the same day?
I got my final payment email at 2:30am today. Accepted the Tesla Vision disclaimer around 6:30am to get my VIN. Then got the delivery scheduling text at 8:30am. Never once been contacted by an SA.

Outside of the EDD dance which makes me wonder what’s going on at times, everything else has been pretty smooth for having no point of contact.

No text, call or updates of any kind unfortunately
Radio silence on my end. Usually takes 3x emails to my rep for a response too.
I would take this with a HUGE grain of salt, because I don't actually have hard verifiable info BUT I'm inclined to think you're going to get an EDD bump into October.

My current speculation is that Tesla has flipped to EOQ mode and is essentially now maximizing deliveries to west coast buyers. Many of us received a text yesterday asking us to confirm availability for delivery in September, mostly (if not exclusively) in California among those who have responded to threads. To me this implies that they're basically wrapping up logistics for deliveries for the remainder of the month. This would also be consistent with many Chicago and other midwest August orders who received VINs and scheduled delivery dates ahead of their west coast counterparts (and in some cases, had order dates after said west coast counterparts), but radio silence for the last few days.

Again, I emphasize that I in no way have any verifiable info and I wouldn't want to give either of you the wrong impression. This just seems to be what's going on given what I can track on these forums.

Double whoa for today! Got my VIN this morning and Tesla delivery just called me to confirm my Saturday delivery. I asked about that being the only option. She told me I could pick it up if I wanted to and asked when I’d like to pick it up. When I asked when it would be available she put me on hold and came back saying anytime today after 3pm! So 3pm today it is!

I would take this with a HUGE grain of salt, because I don't actually have hard verifiable info BUT I'm inclined to think you're going to get an EDD bump into October.

My current speculation is that Tesla has flipped to EOQ mode and is essentially now maximizing deliveries to west coast buyers. Many of us received a text yesterday asking us to confirm availability for delivery in September, mostly (if not exclusively) in California among those who have responded to threads. To me this implies that they're basically wrapping up logistics for deliveries for the remainder of the month. This would also be consistent with many Chicago and other midwest August orders who received VINs and scheduled delivery dates ahead of their west coast counterparts (and in some cases, had order dates after said west coast counterparts), but radio silence for the last few days.

Again, I emphasize that I in no way have any verifiable info and I wouldn't want to give either of you the wrong impression. This just seems to be what's going on given what I can track on these forums.
When Sunday passes and nothing, I'll believe it :) Hey, maybe some Austin push :D

When Sunday passes and nothing, I'll believe it :) Hey, maybe some Austin push :D
All we can do is wait haha. Honestly I hope I'm wrong because if I am that leaves the door open for me to get delivery sooner than later and would hopefully allow others in different regions to get their cars by month's end. That said, a new model year as a consolation prize is never a bad thing! Though in my mind, the waiting isn't that bad, it's the constant state of unknown that's been a rollercoaster of emotion

Double whoa for today! Got my VIN this morning and Tesla delivery just called me to confirm my Saturday delivery. I asked about that being the only option. She told me I could pick it up if I wanted to and asked when I’d like to pick it up. When I asked when it would be available she put me on hold and came back saying anytime today after 3pm! So 3pm today it is!
the 24 hour turnaround to this saga is a thing of beauty.

All we can do is wait haha. Honestly I hope I'm wrong because if I am that leaves the door open for me to get delivery sooner than later and would hopefully allow others in different regions to get their cars by month's end. That said, a new model year as a consolation prize is never a bad thing! Though in my mind, the waiting isn't that bad, it's the constant state of unknown that's been a rollercoaster of emotion
Exactly this!

When I ordered, the website said 5-7 weeks. Today is the first day of week 5 for me and I’m picking up my car today.

But the EDD started at 3.5 weeks and jumped all over the place 7 times. If it wasn’t for the EDD getting my hopes up, I would have patiently waited for my “5-7 weeks” with far less stress lol.