Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Exactly this!

When I ordered, the website said 5-7 weeks. Today is the first day of week 5 for me and I’m picking up my car today.

But the EDD started at 3.5 weeks and jumped all over the place 7 times. If it wasn’t for the EDD getting my hopes up, I would have patiently waited for my “5-7 weeks” with far less stress lol.
true story. technically I am on my 6th week only .... but the EDD changes is messing with me ....

@janjablonski Please let us all know what you find out! It would help other TMC members!
Not the news I was hoping for. Battery issue that came up (see text below). Car being sent back to factory and they are going to send another with new VIN. Back in the queue, but the SA did say that she still expects a new one to come by EOM. Not sure I believe that timeline but we’ll see.

“The service hold is related to your car holding a charge. When the car is plugged in, it is recognizing the cord is plugged in but not correctly charging. If we are unable to fix the issue before the end of the week, we will simply remove this car from your account and put you back in the queue for a new one from the factory. The current turn around time we are seeing would align nicely with a pick up once you return in town. Does the week of September 27th work for you to pick up your car in the case we cannot rectify the hold by Saturday? Let me know and thank you so much again for your understanding!”

EDIT - I should clarify, the SA clarified in subsequent comms that it can’t be fixed by the service center.

What's more accurate – the EDD on my profile or what's listed on the site?

I see a Nov 30-Dec 20 on my profile, but when I called Tesla today / ordered on the site, Feb 2022 was the estimate.

I ordered assuming February so I actually prefer the later delivery :confused:

Why tho? I'd love to do home delivery

- Parking at my house is very limited, so I'd be blocking part of the street for my neighbors
- My house is hard to find, even with google maps due to how my city assigned the street address. I don't bother ordering doordash/ubereats because the drivers always get lost and spend 15m looking for the house.
- I also know the delivery person probably isn't going to want to hang around for 15-20m while I check the car. At least at the SC, they can go do something else while I look at the car rather than just stare at me.
- Easier to reject cars since all I have to do is say "lol, nope" and walk out the door. Its harder for them to argue why you should take delivery when you can walk away vs if they're sitting in your driveway
- I like driving my cars with as little miles as possible. I picked up my Model 3 with 6 miles. The SC is at least 15 miles away from me, so I'd start the Model Y with at least 20 miles

I got it delivered from Bellevue SC and they were only doing home delivery at this moment.
You still have 24 hrs grace period if you are not satisfied with your Tesla.

I think it's 24hrs to report cosmetic issues (scratches, interior damage), not 24hr to reject the car. I'm mainly concerned with defects that would require 1+ weeks to correct (transport damage to battery case, pillars not being aligned, etc)

Seeing nerdknob's past day of developments has me nervously anticipating tomorrow morning since my EDD start is +1 to theirs...I don't like my chances with this whole September delivery confirmation thing but I guess in true Tesla fashion, when I least expect it will be when that VIN drops.

- Parking at my house is very limited, so I'd be blocking part of the street for my neighbors
- My house is hard to find, even with google maps due to how my city assigned the street address. I don't bother ordering doordash/ubereats because the drivers always get lost and spend 15m looking for the house.
- I also know the delivery person probably isn't going to want to hang around for 15-20m while I check the car. At least at the SC, they can go do something else while I look at the car rather than just stare at me.
- Easier to reject cars since all I have to do is say "lol, nope" and walk out the door. Its harder for them to argue why you should take delivery when you can walk away vs if they're sitting in your driveway
- I like driving my cars with as little miles as possible. I picked up my Model 3 with 6 miles. The SC is at least 15 miles away from me, so I'd start the Model Y with at least 20 miles

I think it's 24hrs to report cosmetic issues (scratches, interior damage), not 24hr to reject the car. I'm mainly concerned with defects that would require 1+ weeks to correct (transport damage to battery case, pillars not being aligned, etc)
Did they do away with the 7 days to return?

Not the news I was hoping for. Battery issue that came up (see text below). Car being sent back to factory and they are going to send another with new VIN. Back in the queue, but the SA did say that she still expects a new one to come by EOM. Not sure I believe that timeline but we’ll see.

“The service hold is related to your car holding a charge. When the car is plugged in, it is recognizing the cord is plugged in but not correctly charging. If we are unable to fix the issue before the end of the week, we will simply remove this car from your account and put you back in the queue for a new one from the factory. The current turn around time we are seeing would align nicely with a pick up once you return in town. Does the week of September 27th work for you to pick up your car in the case we cannot rectify the hold by Saturday? Let me know and thank you so much again for your understanding!”

EDIT - I should clarify, the SA clarified in subsequent comms that it can’t be fixed by the service center.
@janjablonski Actually, that's not a bad outcome. At least you know you will get a pristine build and you will likely see soon! Keep us current!

Reactions: janjablonski