Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What advantage do you think the wall charger provides? From what I have seen and per the electrician I use who is a tesla owner he said the added price does not justify the minimal increase in charging speed from a 50amp 220V outlet.
Wall chargers can get up to 44 miles per hour charge at peak speeds vs. NEMA at ~30 miles per hour.
Practically speaking, I get the impression the tesla charger is beneficial if you have multiple teslas (at a time or will own multiple over time) or have very tight charging windows with long commutes. Otherwise the NEMA is considerably cheaper and can be used with a wider variety of EVs

Reactions: calcal
Wall chargers can get up to 44 miles per hour charge at peak speeds vs. NEMA at ~30 miles per hour.
Practically speaking, I get the impression the tesla charger is beneficial if you have multiple teslas (at a time or will own multiple over time) or have very tight charging windows with long commutes. Otherwise the NEMA is considerably cheaper and can be used with a wider variety of EVs
Good point. That makes sense.

Received this message from Tesla regarding the missing clips on the rear underbody plastic piece:

2EAD1486-980A-4ED1-A47A-22C76FD3AAB1.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: jebinc
On an unrelated note to any service inqueries, the car is amazingly fun and is on par with my dad’s 2017 911 for raw acceleration - I’m dreading my inevitable speeding ticket. Our other car is a Toyota Sienna and we traded in a Toyota Highlander, which I believe are both over 7 second 0-60 mph - it’s an unbelievable change! Hang in there for all of you waiting for your MYPs - it’s super worth the wait!

I had a couple of under body scratches as well but I’m not too concerned about them as they were minor. Most likely from chains or a ratchet on the car mover. The missing bolts are likely intentional but they just haven’t retooled the mold for the splash guard to remove the two extra holes that they deemed no longer needed.
Same way the passenger side lumbar support button is just a blanking plug now instead of no hole at all.

Sandy Munro on YouTube talks about that in his Model Y tear down series. Saving 50 cents on unneeded fasteners per car can end up being big savings when you’re moving lots of vehicles.

Reactions: SinCityEV
On an unrelated note to any service inqueries, the car is amazingly fun and is on par with my dad’s 2017 911 for raw acceleration - I’m dreading my inevitable speeding ticket. Our other car is a Toyota Sienna and we traded in a Toyota Highlander, which I believe are both over 7 second 0-60 mph - it’s an unbelievable change! Hang in there for all of you waiting for your MYPs - it’s super worth the wait!
This is great, love to see the takes on the performance of the vehicle

Reactions: minnesnowta
My home delivery was great, saved me a 30 min trip to Carlsbad delivery center. I couldn't find any glaring issues with the car, it looks just about perfect. Comparing to my 2018 Model 3 Performance, the Y is a nice upgrade in every way except acceleration off the line.
Good to hear! Carlsbad DC tried to squeeze me in today too but I couldn’t make it. Scheduled to pick it up tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully my build is clean too.

Just picked up this morning. Immediately swapped to TSportline TSV 19 wheels. Put on mudflaps. Put in weather mats, Tesla trunk bins, and other miscellaneous accessories.

I tried to Plastidip but I failed because I didn't let each layer dry. Removed it all and I'll try again another day.

Most importantly Baymax is alive.

Attachments

• PXL_20210918_003251414.jpg
    PXL_20210918_003251414.jpg
    260.5 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Not the news I was hoping for. Battery issue that came up (see text below). Car being sent back to factory and they are going to send another with new VIN. Back in the queue, but the SA did say that she still expects a new one to come by EOM. Not sure I believe that timeline but we’ll see.

“The service hold is related to your car holding a charge. When the car is plugged in, it is recognizing the cord is plugged in but not correctly charging. If we are unable to fix the issue before the end of the week, we will simply remove this car from your account and put you back in the queue for a new one from the factory. The current turn around time we are seeing would align nicely with a pick up once you return in town. Does the week of September 27th work for you to pick up your car in the case we cannot rectify the hold by Saturday? Let me know and thank you so much again for your understanding!”

EDIT - I should clarify, the SA clarified in subsequent comms that it can’t be fixed by the service center.
Following up again. Excellent experience with this service center. Got a call from the manager today explaining the situation further and expressing gratitude with understanding of the situation. We’re all good and waiting for next car to be shipped. First class given the situation. Great communication