Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered 9/15, nowhere can I find an estimated month? Is that normal? I understand the date will change. But I thought you’d at least have a month someone in your account.
Seems a bit odd, did you ever have an EDD? I wouldn't be shocked if this is what some people are seeing, right now is very....turbulent lol. Tesla may also be working on projections for Q4 with the new factory in Austin potentially up and running before the end of the year.

Another way to look at it is that you're probably not going to receive a VIN for another month, so I wouldn't sweat not seeing an EDD just yet. It never hurts to chat up an SA but YMMV in terms of how satisfied you are with the answer.

Question re. panel gaps - are they actually fixable? I assume Tesla has latitude to say a gap is "within spec"? I'm a car person who used to work at a dealership and I struggle to understand how they can be fixed.

To poll the group, would you accept delivery if your car had panel gaps? That's the one thing keeping me up at night and basically the only reason I'm going to pay with a cashier's check.

• Informative
Reactions: GoRun26
I would e
Question re. panel gaps - are they actually fixable? I assume Tesla has latitude to say a gap is "within spec"? I'm a car person who used to work at a dealership and I struggle to understand how they can be fixed.

To poll the group, would you accept delivery if your car had panel gaps? That's the one thing keeping me up at night and basically the only reason I'm going to pay with a cashier's check.
I would either accept or reject, depending on gaps. I would not want to send it in for service, as all of the panel hardware is painted. Wrenching on all those screws and bolts breaks the paint seal exposing bare metal, etc. I would either either find the gaps livable, or reject, if not. Now, trunk and frunk height or corner height difference is another matter, as there are plastic screw pads that can be turned either way and by hand. No wrenching or paint damage.

• Informative

to answer you, yes it is fixable, my friend has uneven gap on rear on Left vs Right, and it was fixed in the service team visit.

Picked my MYP up today.
CE8F6F8B-90AE-4FA8-B017-ECF7BCECE334.jpeg

Everything looks good except for the trunk hatch which can use some realignment.
8E01696A-2B73-4C5B-863D-96F14DA4353E.jpeg

Driver side rear under shield missing two fasteners and looks like it’s hanging where the passenger side only missing one and is flush.
C5A9D580-1F81-492B-95A1-8D35ACE9E219.jpeg

Can’t make a service appointment because technically I haven’t accepted delivery yet cause I went in with a cashiers check where they were expecting half paid by my CU and the other half by me. That confused them and need to work it out with their financing.

I would e

I would either accept or reject, depending on gaps. I would not want to send it in for service, as all of the panel hardware is painted. Wrenching on all those screws and bolts breaks the paint seal exposing bare metal, etc. I would either either find the gaps livable, or reject, if not. Now, trunk and frunk height or corner height difference is another matter, as there are plastic screw pads that can be turned either way and by hand. No wrenching or paint damage.
@jebinc if the rear lift gate or frunk are misaligned, they can be adjusted without worry, but other potential gaps would be problematic? Can you give examples that you would reject the car over?

@jebinc if the rear lift gate or frunk are misaligned, they can be adjusted without worry, but other potential gaps would be problematic? Can you give examples that you would reject the car over?
It’s a subjective call; everyone has different “tolerances” for things like gaps. I can say that my new MYPs gaps are about half that of the Plaids gaps, all around. Mass produced tech vs hand built braun.

Got delivery of my Model Y Performance today!

Car is beautiful! I got Red with black interior. My car did not come with mud flaps or ppf. I’m in Colorado and we should absolutely have it, so I guess it’s just random luck. I already ordered some and have already put those on and will get tint and ppf completed in a couple of weeks, so no worries! Build quality is good and I have no issues. A couple of push pins missing under the trunk as others have said. I had extra from the mud flaps, and put them in any missing holes. I love the upgrades over my old MYP 2020. All in all I’m very pleased with the car!

Ideal Sentry drive is a Micro/SD Card w/ adapter - They are made for high read/writes.
I am planning to use the included USB and see how that storage works and then, if I feel the storage is inadequate, will likely grab a micro USB 256-512gb with a high read/write. It’s silly to include a USB that isn’t helpful, so going to give it a chance. That being said, my first Tesla, so zero experience.

Reactions: Astuart82