Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
VIN 277xxx!!!! No update EDD (For those asking, I didn't get a text or email about VIN. I refreshed and got a screen acknowledging move away from radar to tesla vision.) Hit that blue button, then vin has populated.)

VIN received as well!!! 277xxx, no updated EDD

However mine jumped today but I did just receive a Vin 277XXX so now I need to figure out plan to pick it up.
Nice!

Hoping for mine to show up anytime now.. still stuck at 9/25-9/30

Have a tint appointment for 9/27 (1 month wait at this place) - hope I can make it

Well friends, the 6+ week wait is over and was worth it. Car showed up in near-perfect condition. Only 3 minor issues (see photos): (i) small scratch on front bumper, (ii) wrinkled front passenger seat corner, (iii) bubbled up weatherstripping on rear hatch. Going to look it over a few more times tonight and tomorrow.

Initial observations:
- this thing is FAST - probably hit 1/2 throttle and it flew. Waiting to put a few hundred miles on the tires before flooring it
- the suspension is amazing, even on horrible downtown Seattle roads - granted my basis for comparison is basically a street-legal go kart
- sound system is a quantum leap ahead of my M3 SR+
- Would 100% get the P over the MYLR for my use case - extra money was worth it

Huge thank you to everyone on this forum for helping me get through the wait. This is a community of kind, funny, sharp people and I'm grateful for your commiseration.

IMG_3730.jpeg

65421731170__4A96000C-4B39-421E-9FE0-4013AAE465BC.jpeg
IMG_3727.jpeg
IMG_3728.jpeg
IMG_3729.jpeg

Well friends, the 6+ week wait is over and was worth it. Car showed up in near-perfect condition. Only 3 minor issues (see photos): (i) small scratch on front bumper, (ii) wrinkled front passenger seat corner, (iii) bubbled up weatherstripping on rear hatch. Going to look it over a few more times tonight and tomorrow.

Initial observations:
- this thing is FAST - probably hit 1/2 throttle and it flew. Waiting to put a few hundred miles on the tires before flooring it
- the suspension is amazing, even on horrible downtown Seattle roads - granted my basis for comparison is basically a street-legal go kart

Huge thank you to everyone on this forum for helping me get through the wait. This is a community of kind, funny, sharp people and I'm grateful for your commiseration.

View attachment 713842
View attachment 713843View attachment 713844View attachment 713845View attachment 713846
Beautiful ride(s)!
Glad to see another member around my time joining to get their car.

As for me, waiting patiently till Sunday (delivery) and then taking some days off during the week to get it all PPF protected :)

Reactions: AK_MYP

Initial observations:

View attachment 713842
View attachment 713843View attachment 713844View attachment 713845View attachment 713846
Congrats! Beauty

Initial observations:

View attachment 713842
Looks great! Out of curiosity, what can you do, if anything, about your "flaws." Will they buff out the scratch, fix the seal, rewrap the seat? Fortunately for you, these items don't seem like things to reject the vehicle over, but what can you do?

Reactions: Astuart82
Looks great! Out of curiosity, what can you do, if anything, about your "flaws." Will they buff out the scratch, fix the seal, rewrap the seat? Fortunately for you, these items don't seem like things to reject the vehicle over, but what can you do?
Open a service request on those issues and see what happens. When I got my MYP, took pictures and opened a service request. Got the invoice back and they will address my issues. Found another issue where the front dashboard speaker grill isn’t sitting flush right in front of the steering wheel so added that issue too.

Open a service request on those issues and see what happens. When I got my MYP, took pictures and opened a service request. Got the invoice back and they will address my issues. Found another issue where the front dashboard speaker grill isn’t sitting flush right in front of the steering wheel so added that issue too.
Ok, so basically decide during delivery if you can live with the problems--worst case scenario. If you can, you accept and hope they fix something. But if your rim has been curbed, hood dented, etc. that's a tough one to live with, personally.

a

Initial observations:

View attachment 713842
My exact build! If you see me around town, say hi! 😁 unbeknownst to me, my neighbor across the street got a MYP too and our cars were delivered the same day! Too funny.

Reactions: AK_MYP
Beautiful ride(s)!
Glad to see another member around my time joining to get their car.

As for me, waiting patiently till Sunday (delivery) and then taking some days off during the week to get it all PPF protected :)
Thank you, and hope your delivery and time off go well!

a

My exact build! If you see me around town, say hi! 😁 unbeknownst to me, my neighbor across the street got a MYP too and our cars were delivered the same day! Too funny.
Love it! Hopefully we pull up to the same light sometime :cool:

Good question - like others said, I opened service requests and set an appointment. I'm hoping they own the scratch, but they can potentially weasel out of it if they want. The seal and seat are clearly defects, so covered under warranty.

To your point, if something was dented or scratched I would've rejected delivery.

Another tip to those here - my original plan was to grab a cashier's check. They called to deliver it early and I didn't have time to run to the bank, and they said to simply pay the balance through the website on my phone after I inspected the car. Was super easy. So moral of the story, don't pay until you take a look, regardless of whether you're going cashier's check or website.

Took an evening spin and I am in love with this thing. I'm driving it hard and it doesn't seem to mind at all. I got a monthly FSD subscription and it's also impressive.

Also received a VIN (277XXX) but no text or email yet. EDD jumped to 9/26-9/30. Back in town on the 28th, let's see how this goes...

Hopefully we've all (August orders and select September orders) reached the finish line! Dunno how I could've made it through it all without the forum. Fingers crossed for the rest of the pack!

Last edited: