Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm thinking just full front clear. But like you've said, the stealth (Matte) look on white looks amazing.
But it's a difference of paying $1650 for full front clear or almost $5k for full stealth 😅

I'm gonna be sleeping on it till the day of to make a decision.
whats the big deal with PPF on tesla's? ive never heard of PPF till i owned tesla's. real question!

Reactions: tacho
Finally got delivery! I actually ended up getting it a day early, they texted me on Friday if I could accept delivery on Saturday and I immediately said 'yes'.

Delivery was smooth and even delivered an hour earlier than the delivery window.

View attachment 714758

Super happy with the car, checked everything all over and couldn't find much wrong with it, only thing was the missing screws on the rear bottom of the car, but that's not a problem for me (no scratches though!).

Got the car fully charged to 100% at home and enjoyed driving in the city for a bit. Didn't take it to the highway yet till PPF gets installed this week, but I'm itching to drive it more and do a nice full throttle pull to merge onto the highway 😂

Anyways! Thanks all and hoping you all have deliveries soon with no issues 👏🏽
Congrats! I like that the headlight looks darker than MYLR.

Reactions: tacho and jebinc
It's to protect your investment. A lot of people with high end cars do it also. My model 3 I ppf the front and then wrapped over that around the whole car. When I traded it in, removed the wrap and ppf and the paint is like brand new.
So, you spent north of $5000 for all that protection. How much of that do you think you got back when you sold it?

Last edited:
I had elected pick up previously and it only gave me the option for home delivery, thought that was interesting.
If you want to pick up from colma earlier, call up there and ask if pick up is an option. I was scheduled for a Saturday delivery as my only option but when they called to confirm on the Thursday before, I asked about pick up and they said I could come in that day.

If you want to pick up from colma earlier, call up there and ask if pick up is an option. I was scheduled for a Saturday delivery as my only option but when they called to confirm on the Thursday before, I asked about pick up and they said I could come in that day.
Thanks. I'll do that if I get a call, which I guess they may call me tomorrow.

Reactions: nerdknob
I'm thinking just full front clear. But like you've said, the stealth (Matte) look on white looks amazing.
But it's a difference of paying $1650 for full front clear or almost $5k for full stealth 😅

I'm gonna be sleeping on it till the day of to make a decision.
Or $2k if you do it yourself 😜. But I don’t recommend it lol! I’m pretty handy and a DIY everything guy but applying stealth ppf is definitely a challenge. It’s coming along nicely but it’s taking me way longer than I expected.

Reactions: tacho
Without the PPF and wrap how much less would your car have been worth on trade in?
No idea but I traded into Tesla and they would of charged $1500 for wrap removal fee. I removed it myself.

When pricing my car, I can check that excellent box like on KBB. that brings the cars value up by a couple thousand I think, after I remove the wrap.
So, you spent north of $5000 for all that protection. How much of that do you think you got back when you sold it?
I spent $4200. Friends shop did it for me. I didn't expect to get anything for aftermarket stuff put onto the car.

It protected my car from scratches and rock chips. I had about 4 rock chips on the front bumper that rocks took off the wrap and the ppf was exposed. No damage after taking off the ppf. Driver door someone opened their door into my car and wrap was damaged. No damage to the paint. Something feel onto the corner or someone opened their door at the rear corner near the charge port and I noticed ripples and scratches in the ppf. No paint damage. Passenger side rear quarter and rear window busted into and the door was scratched up by the glass cause probably the as*hole leaned into the car. No damage to the paint.

All in all, would I ppf/wrap the car again, yes I would, but thats just me