Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I‘m married. Anyone wanna guess whose side of the garage this is currently running to? And then guess who doesn’t want to switch garage sides?

Attachments

• A3B0B606-B9BE-4361-8C5C-8169C71DE625.jpeg
    A3B0B606-B9BE-4361-8C5C-8169C71DE625.jpeg
    495.1 KB · Views: 70
Smh I was scheduled for today between 9am & 6pm. Currently no communication and it’s past 7pm. The SA when I get them on the phone says it’s still in the “prep tent” waiting to go out.

anyone ever experience this?
UPDATE:

I got a call at 830pm saying my car was stuck in the prep tent and will be prioritized for delivery today. My issue is I am leaving town for a business trip at 2pm and won't be back on Friday. They said that shouldn't be an issue and got the direct line and email for the SA who updated me so I can check in in the morning on status.

Now it is 12pm and I just got a status update that I will NOT be getting my car before I leave a 2pm today as "it still needs to be inspected". They asked if they can deliver to a family member or friend, but would not budge on the 24 hour/100 mile restriction on service tickets. I said that this is not an option as I am the only one comfortable inspecting my car, and will not be in town for the next 48 hours.

My only choice now is to put my order on hold until I get back on friday, as they were unwilling to hold my car (retain my VIN number on all documents) and deliver when I am available (Friday). This puts me back in the loop of awaiting a car to come off the line that matches my configuration, scheduling a date, and receiving.

Disappointed is an understatement, for a customer who did everything right and was ready to receive delivery when scheduled, it is frustrating to not have any options or given any flexibility at all. My account will come off of hold on Friday, and hopefully I get matched quickly.

For how many great reviews I've heard about Tesla's service. My relationship as a vehicle owner is not starting off well.

• Helpful
Reactions: calcal
EDD just got updated for me as well:

Estimated Delivery: October 05 - October 25.​

Hope this would be in time for 2022 Model Year
We are twins, lets see who gets there first. haha.
UPDATE:

I got a call at 830pm saying my car was stuck in the prep tent and will be prioritized for delivery today. My issue is I am leaving town for a business trip at 2pm and won't be back on Friday. They said that shouldn't be an issue and got the direct line and email for the SA who updated me so I can check in in the morning on status.

Now it is 12pm and I just got a status update that I will NOT be getting my car before I leave a 2pm today as "it still needs to be inspected". They asked if they can deliver to a family member or friend, but would not budge on the 24 hour/100 mile restriction on service tickets. I said that this is not an option as I am the only one comfortable inspecting my car, and will not be in town for the next 48 hours.

My only choice now is to put my order on hold until I get back on friday, as they were unwilling to hold my car (retain my VIN number on all documents) and deliver when I am available (Friday). This puts me back in the loop of awaiting a car to come off the line that matches my configuration, scheduling a date, and receiving.

Disappointed is an understatement, for a customer who did everything right and was ready to receive delivery when scheduled, it is frustrating to not have any options or given any flexibility at all. My account will come off of hold on Friday, and hopefully I get matched quickly.

For how many great reviews I've heard about Tesla's service. My relationship as a vehicle owner is not starting off well.
Sorry to hear that as it sounds extremely frustrating. They could at least extend the restriction on service tickets a little...jeez. Hopefully you get matched quickly on your return back. Unless you can cancel your business trip :)

Obligatory delivery post!

Picked up at Corte Madera and was exceedingly easy. The location doesn't actually have a lot of space so there wasn't a ton of activity.

I was on a somewhat tight schedule so I rushed the exterior inspection a bit, but no panel gaps whatsoever. If anything, it looked better than what I've seen people deem as an acceptable. Interior also looked great, but with the black I may need to take another pass with a closer look though I don't anticipate anything. The only "issue" I noticed was that the driver side mirror had a small spot that looked like it had been chewed by something. Didn't see it until I got home but personally I don't care and it's only visible if you're very very close.

The frunk seems to catch just a tiny bit when closing but not sure if I just need to apply more force, it doesn't make any weird sounds or feel misaligned.

No mudflaps or front PPF, but that was expected.

Overall I'm impressed given some of the feedback from recent posts. Have driven about 20ish miles so far and has been fantastic, couldn't find an issue with it even if I was looking for one.

Best of luck to everyone getting closer to their delivery/pick up! Looks like Tesla has mostly smoothed out recent QC issues despite possible rush for EOQ.

Attachments

• IMG_20210929_141936.jpg
    IMG_20210929_141936.jpg
    724.5 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_20210929_141909.jpg
    IMG_20210929_141909.jpg
    976.6 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_20210929_113712.jpg
    IMG_20210929_113712.jpg
    758.8 KB · Views: 43
Oh and for anyone who is curious about the drive feel, best way I'd describe it is that it feels similar to a sporty compact sedan. Maybe goes over bumps a bit smoother (doesn't get the bottoming out sensation), but otherwise quite similar to a Lexus IS. I think it depends on what you're familiar with, but at no point would I describe it as "harsh". There's a lot of potholes where I live and I usually avoid most of them but I hardly noticed if I did go over one.

Ordered our MYP 9/3.

Initial EDD: 9/10 - 9/30
9/10: ... EDD 9/27 - 9/30
9/27: ... EDD 9/28 - 9/30, docs signed, final pymt made, VIN assigned, delivery appt made
9/28: ... delivery appt cancelled by Tesla, rescheduled 3x, cancelled 3x by Tesla. VIN removed.

9/29: ... Delivery appt link now unavailable. EDD 10/11 - 10/31.

I notice people regularly mentioning their "delivery advisors" ... we have not been contacted by anyone from Tesla, except for automated emails or messages. Was hoping for a bit better of an experience ... eh, hopefully it gets better from here.

Ordered our MYP 9/3.

9/27: ... EDD 9/28 - 9/30, docs signed, final pymt made, VIN assigned, delivery appt made
9/28: ... delivery appt cancelled by Tesla, rescheduled 3x, cancelled 3x by Tesla. VIN removed.

I notice people regularly mentioning their "delivery advisors" ... we have not been contacted by anyone from Tesla, except for automated emails or messages. Was hoping for a bit better of an experience ... eh, hopefully it gets better from here.
This past week has been a whirlwind and I wouldn't be surprised if your lackluster experience is a result of employees putting all of their effort into completing local deliveries (I got ~20 combined calls/texts/emails to finalize delivery after crickets for two days following receiving a VIN). I'd like to think things will settle once the month rolls over.

Personally I thought they were a tad pushy over the last couple of days, so I wouldn't necessarily wish my experience upon anyone else, though everyone who did reach out or that I spoke with was VERY friendly. Hoping everyone else AT LEAST gets the same.

Last edited:
Ordered our MYP 9/3.

Oh no
By final payment made did you mean they had your money transferred?