Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I should have stuck with the LR, I had an August order with a Nov/Dec delivery window but opted for the Performance for a September delivery. Range was closed to Sept 29-30, then last week it got pushed back to end of Oct-mid Nov.

I should have stuck with the LR, I had an August order with a Nov/Dec delivery window but opted for the Performance for a September delivery. Range was closed to Sept 29-30, then last week it got pushed back to end of Oct-mid Nov.
Could have been pushed with the LR as well and you'd be in the same boat. I'm sure the extra 1.3 seconds to 60 will be worth it?!

Could have been pushed with the LR as well and you'd be in the same boat. I'm sure the extra 1.3 seconds to 60 will be worth it?!

That's true, for me it wasn't as much about the speed since I'll probably be stuck in traffic half the time I use it (the extra miles would be nice, but less than 20 mile difference isn't make or break), it was about the delivery time. I did move near a track, though... so I might have to take the MYP out there one of these days. Hopefully there'll be something changing to make the wait worth it (2022 model, some update to the design, or a retroactive tax credit).

Reactions: Luka816
For those with MYP and EDD in November. Will you just take the delivery and ignore the potential $7.5k credit? I know I really wanna own one sooner than later, but if the EV credit applies to MYP, it’s an amount where I can buy the FSD.

OD 9/14 and currently at 11/1-11/21 ; Fremont Delivery
Since my EDD is Nov 17 - Dec 17t,(MYP white/white, FDS, no tow) I'll go ahead and answer with yes, I will take delivery and ignore the potential $7.5k credit because there are just far to many unknown factors at play there. I when into this buying experience expecting to pay a premium for wanting a car as soon as possible so the possibility of a credit does not change my decision.

That's true, for me it wasn't as much about the speed since I'll probably be stuck in traffic half the time I use it (the extra miles would be nice, but less than 20 mile difference isn't make or break), it was about the delivery time. I did move near a track, though... so I might have to take the MYP out there one of these days. Hopefully there'll be something changing to make the wait worth it (2022 model, some update to the design, or a retroactive tax credit).
Hello Willow Springs International Raceway! Let’s see how that MYP does through turn #9 😄

Reactions: Viv1984
With it being (theoretically) about a month until I get my MYP, is it generally safe to trade in my car when I get the Tesla? I live alone and only have 1 car, the MY will be my primary. Should I trade in my Nissan at the time of purchase, or make sure there are no defects with the car for a couple of weeks? If the MY goes down, I wouldn't be able to get anywhere. Or is Tesla good with loaner cars if there is a problem that's under warranty?

Hi, can we talk about getting VIN's again, please - Thanks :D
That’s the problem… I feel like none of us are. This goes along with my suspicion that most of our EDD’s are now mid-October and later, so perhaps a week before that we start getting a flood of VINs… so like tomorrow and Friday. We’ll see. Optimistic to think that has anything to do with MY change to 2022 but who really knows.

Has anyone had luck finding the vin before it was assigned? How to reveal your Tesla VIN number before it's in your account

(Or by using the google chrome extention)?
I've tried doing this a few different times. I got a VIN back in September (only to ultimately have it removed), but I didn't see it ahead of time. I checked the morning before I went to work, and my VIN populated later in the afternoon, around 3 PST.

Not saying is doesn't work, but I haven't found it to work for me. If anything, I'm thinking maybe a few hours, not days, before you can see it on your account.

Reactions: Luka816
With it being (theoretically) about a month until I get my MYP, is it generally safe to trade in my car when I get the Tesla? I live alone and only have 1 car, the MY will be my primary. Should I trade in my Nissan at the time of purchase, or make sure there are no defects with the car for a couple of weeks? If the MY goes down, I wouldn't be able to get anywhere. Or is Tesla good with loaner cars if there is a problem that's under warranty?

You’re safe at time of purchase. Your MYP will be fine (less any cosmetic defects you document) … just don’t get a flat tire lol but they do give loaners if you’re lucky “and they aren’t out of them” or always give you 100 dollars per day for Uber. (Not fun) but I wouldn’t worry about it

Reactions: Viv1984
You’re safe at time of purchase. Your MYP will be fine (less any cosmetic defects you document) … just don’t get a flat tire lol but they do give loaners if you’re lucky “and they aren’t out of them” or always give you 100 dollars per day for Uber. (Not fun) but I wouldn’t worry about it
Thanks! I plan on getting those flat tire kits. Might eventually go to smaller wheels too for less flats/more range

Reactions: mT3Silvia