Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
SA responded just now, said looks like October is not happening. EDD currently 10/15-11/4. I followed up and asked if this suggests possibly a Texas build and/or new features since it seems (anecdotally) like no one with an MYP on order is getting a VIN. Will post if there is any helpful response.
At what point were you assigned, and how did you make contact with your SA?

You might try texting (510) 399-2764 but I’ve found the replies to be generic and unhelpful.

When I asked why my VIN was unmatched they said “there are no notes on my account and that eventually I’ll be re-matched.” Well, yeah, obviously. The question was “when?”

They said 90% it’ll be this month!!!!! HAHAHA! I relied, “You said that last month.” They didn’t reply.

Reactions: Jbapckfan
I was never assigned a VIN but occasionally get rough estimates in our communication that differ from my EDD. He told me mid-October when backend of my EDD range was 9/30. Then my EDD went 10/15-11/4 a few days later. I received an email from him when I originally reserved a MSLR. Then I cancelled and changed to MYP and he has been my SA throughout.

Reactions: Phreddieruxpin
Well .. just joined to see if there are more people having the same frustration. Though I am surprised ehen you always hear “get a MYP because they show up in a heart beat”

Made a reservation on a MYP end of May. Asked for August delivery as I was out of the country. Since August I get every 3-4 weeks a new delivery date. No VIN yet. Currently the acct states Oct19-Nov8.

Is the line “gotta hang out until you get it or cancel reservation and get something else”? Any other advice?

Well .. just joined to see if there are more people having the same frustration. Though I am surprised ehen you always hear “get a MYP because they show up in a heart beat”

Made a reservation on a MYP end of May. Asked for August delivery as I was out of the country. Since August I get every 3-4 weeks a new delivery date. No VIN yet. Currently the acct states Oct19-Nov8.

Is the line “gotta hang out until you get it or cancel reservation and get something else”? Any other advice?
That is rough. When my EDD was 9/29-30 I was unavailable those days and was pretty worried. Then I had a week off from work and could have driven and driven, EDD pushed. Now I have zero expectations except the longer I wait the more likely a few things will happen: price will go up (but not for me), model year will change, EV tax credit will get voted on, new features - minor or significant, get an Austin build, more range/miles from an update or decreased weight/4680 cells (least likely). I was so naive back then thinking the EDD meant something.

Reactions: Starway2001

I think a lot of us paid the “Performance Tax” and ended up having Tesla smugly take that cash from our hand and then slam the door shut anyway.

Last edited:
Enter my EDD tomorrow. How far you think it'll be pushed? I'm going to be suprised at this point if I get my car by the end of the month. Trying to stay positive... it's funny to me at this point.
Same. But you already knew that since we’ve been mirroring each other.

I’m just hoping I get before Thanksgiving. That’s when I’m going to really need it. I never thought it would take this long. When I ordered folks were getting MYP’s in 2-3 weeks of order. I never thought it would be 4x that.

Last edited:
Ultimately anyone who orders any Y is gonna have to wait awhile before they get it. All signs point to two important things: price will probably keep going up and resale value will do the same. Demand is so high I think many people will take delivery asap and then order one again in 6-12 months after the next major battery update. The re-orders from current owners will fuel demand too.

Reactions: shaundidrake