Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If so.... They're probably all sitting in the south bay on a container ship right now, waiting to get a berth at Port of Oakland along with everything else on the planet that isn't doing the same thing down at Port of LA. I flew over both in the last week and they both have a huge number of container ships awaiting offload.

I image that they're sitting next to; 2 containers of rubber dog poo and a container of useless crap you see in the checkout aisle at any 7/11 or Circle K. Important stuff.

<context switch>
Did anyone else see the Fremont flyover video posted 2 days ago on YouTube? I have a hard time telling between the 3s and the Ys. Someone else take a look and tell me you see a yard full of Ys sitting there.
4:15-4:30 those look why Ys on the left.

People have said they tighten before a vin but like I've said before I think that since production has paused we are victims of the algorithm just estimating based on if things were moving today. Hope that's not the case but being strung along and bumped is terrible feeling.

Reactions: dfiz1
I had a two day EDD window of 9/29-30 at one point. OD 9/1. Still no VIN. EDD 11/7-12/5.
I had that same window and had that virtual "orientation" so I was excited to get the car all week... then came the 29th, then the 30th and I got pushed back to late October to mid November... then got pushed back to mid November to early December...

People have said they tighten before a vin but like I've said before I think that since production has paused we are victims of the algorithm just estimating based on if things were moving today. Hope that's not the case but being strung along and bumped is terrible feeling.
Spoke to a SA today, It was very much a no-update update. Something along the lines of you’re still looking good in the system, delivery date should be 14th or sooner, which means your EDD is correct etc etc. The front of house at Tesla really has no idea what’s happening. They are as much in the dark as we are, having to field questions from people like me requesting (wishing?) a substantial update.

Reactions: RyStar
Us in the Midwest waiting for Dec delivery are on the same boat, getting a vehicle in the middle of winter Is gonna suck and having to inspect the car in -40 weather is gonna suck even more.
Yeah same here. Live in Wisconsin and will take delivery in Schaumburg, IL.

I had several back-and-forth emails with my sales rep out of the Minneapolis store about getting a set of winter wheels on my MYP at delivery so I can safely make the 2 hour trip back home. Both of the winter sets Tesla sells are out of stock and furthermore, since I do not own the MYP yet, I cannot make a service appointment to swap the wheels. The sales rep spoke to the Schaumburg store and since they are really busy this time of year they will not be able to accommodate me.

So here we are- I'm buying a $76k car (in cash) and Tesla can't even be bothered to help me get it home. So much for their priority of safety. I'm literally going to bring my own wheels, jack, and tools and change them out in the Tesla Schaumburg parking lot. I'm sure the optics are going to be great for potential customers.

Last edited:
Reactions: dfiz1
How cold does it have to be to need winter tires? Being in So Cal, it only snows once every few years, but it can get cold where I live. It can be in the 20's when I drive to work (15 minute drive) and probably 40's or 50's when I do the majority of my driving.

Yeah same here. Live in Wisconsin and will take delivery in Schaumburg, IL.

I had several back-and-forth emails with my sales rep out of the Minneapolis store about getting a set of winter wheels on my MYP at delivery so I can safely make the 2 hour trip back home. Both of the winter sets Tesla sells are out of stock and furthermore, since I do not own the MYP yet, I cannot make a service appointment to swap the wheels. The sales rep spoke to the Schaumburg store and since they are really busy this time of year they will not be able to accommodate me.

So here we are- I'm buying a $76k car and Tesla can't even be bothered to help me get it home. So much for their priority of safety. I'm literally going to bring my own wheels, jack, and tools and change them out in the Tesla Schaumburg parking lot. I'm sure the optics are going to be great for potential customers.
Same. I’m only 10 miles away but definitely do not want to drive on snow or over with the summer tires. Already have the wheels and tires, and Tesla can’t accommodate me at delivery. Will need to stop at a tire shop on the way which still begs the question how I get the replacements there. First world problems, but a problem none the less (esp at $70k+).

How cold does it have to be to need winter tires? Being in So Cal, it only snows once every few years, but it can get cold where I live. It can be in the 20's when I drive to work (15 minute drive) and probably 40's or 50's when I do the majority of my driving.
With summer tires, it’s about the rubber compound vs the tread (which doesn’t help either). I’ve had summers that have been hockey pucks at 50F on wet roads. I made a decision a long time ago not to drive summers below 55F in Chicago.

Reactions: Viv1984