Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah same here. Live in Wisconsin and will take delivery in Schaumburg, IL.

I had several back-and-forth emails with my sales rep out of the Minneapolis store about getting a set of winter wheels on my MYP at delivery so I can safely make the 2 hour trip back home. Both of the winter sets Tesla sells are out of stock and furthermore, since I do not own the MYP yet, I cannot make a service appointment to swap the wheels. The sales rep spoke to the Schaumburg store and since they are really busy this time of year they will not be able to accommodate me.

So here we are- I'm buying a $76k car (in cash) and Tesla can't even be bothered to help me get it home. So much for their priority of safety. I'm literally going to bring my own wheels, jack, and tools and change them out in the Tesla Schaumburg parking lot. I'm sure the optics are going to be great for potential customers.
Ah, same here. Picking up in NY and they have already told me that assuming car shows up in winter that they will not swap out tires I bring with me! Right now who knows when the car will really arrive - so we'll see what happens.

If so.... They're probably all sitting in the south bay on a container ship right now, waiting to get a berth at Port of Oakland along with everything else on the planet that isn't doing the same thing down at Port of LA. I flew over both in the last week and they both have a huge number of container ships awaiting offload.

I image that they're sitting next to; 2 containers of rubber dog poo and a container of useless crap you see in the checkout aisle at any 7/11 or Circle K. Important stuff.

<context switch>
Did anyone else see the Fremont flyover video posted 2 days ago on YouTube? I have a hard time telling between the 3s and the Ys. Someone else take a look and tell me you see a yard full of Ys sitting there.
I see don't single Performance model in that video. Was looking specifically for carbon fiber spoilers on either of the two types and didn't see one. At least amongst the white and red ones. MSM and Black were harder to tell.

Last edited:
Reactions: dfiz1
What’s everyone that’s getting new wheels/tires doing about TPMS… moving them over or new ones?

I’m still undecided. Prob going to buy new ones and sell the originals with the UTs
I bought new ones and had TireRack install them on the wheels. They source OEM TPMS which came with an invoice from Tesla and TireRack marks them up for installation.
I plan to sell the Uberturbines as a full set so it’s easier to offload, so wanted to keep the TPMS intact on those.

I don't single Performance model in that video. Was looking specifically for carbon fiber spoilers on either of the two types and didn't see one. At least amongst the white and red ones. MSM and Black were harder to tell.
Thanks for sharing. That’s depressing frankly because I think you’re right. I didn’t think any of them were MYPs (wasn’t pixel peeping, hope I’m wrong).

Anyone else think an EOQ push is pointless and just a distraction. Just make cars in batches and throw them onto lots if you want to make the most. Sure, sell the demos at end of quarter. But, going completely insane the last few weeks of a quarter just seems so inefficient and leads to poor customer service and quality issues.

Reactions: dhrivnak
Part shortages or not it seems pretty clear that since the EOQ push we MYP's have been asked to step aside so MYLR's can get made.

Ours are MYLR’s too! Technically MYLRP.. all the different wheel configurations.. they just need to put in the lower suspension, 21’s, slap on the CF spoiler and brakes.. and have the performance software. No excuse.

Unless… 🤔🤔🤔 lol