Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oo sweet congrats. You’re a whole month ahead of me. Ordered on 9/8 and been pushed back 3 times… I see people in October getting an earlier EDD then me 😔
11/27 - 12/25
My original profile complete date was Aug 2, albeit I put in a LR order first in July. It’s hard to discern any pattern on how EDDs are calculated or established, and the only concrete thing we know about them is that they’re wildly unpredictable. Just before I got my VIN, I was pushed out to Jan/Feb. Someone said in a post that EDDs are just the algo exposing what it sees as inputs from the manufacturing chain and others vs the pending orders for that particular moment of time, which is pretty fair IMO. Outside of the speculative component and manufacturing changes happening, Tesla does tend to build cars in batches, they focus on geos based on the timing in the quarter - probably tied to delivery logistics, and they are prone to “last minute” pushes every quarter. Oh and I think it’s becoming clear that a narrowing EDD window is a good sign for a pending VIN. None of which is enough to create any sort of predictability on “when” you should expect an update or how accurate that update will be. In my personal opinion, I think SA’s have a bit of sway in informing the inputs to the build schedule - another reason why I went out of my way to get an SA even though one hadn’t been assigned to me initially (online order). This may be a placebo in my head but every time I had a meaningful discussion with my SA (3-4 times over the 75 days) the EDD updated favorably in some form. I also made it a point to bug the Tesla teams as little as possible, and when I did, was extra polite and appreciative - they all take notes in the same account and I didn’t want any “negative marks”. Also IMO, but there are levels of SAs - the front end chat people have access to zero “insider knowledge”, but are good at helping with quick tasks and providing confirmations, etc. The generic Tesla line is a crapshoot and it depends on who you get connected to and how busy they are. Your local SC is the best bet for more informed answers and more vested interest in helping you.
Hang in there! It’s a PITA but they do get to you eventually. Sending positive VIN vibes to everyone waiting.

Reactions: Phreddieruxpin
Man, seeing all these October order dates get earlier EDD's than me...O/D 9/19 still holding strong at 11/28-12/26 :(

But I am happy for you guys! We'll all make it eventually
I think Tesla plays games......keeps the hope alive for earlier delivery date, then incrementally pushes out. Not to be the bearer of pessimistic news for those who ordered after you, but I'd doubt they get theirs before you.

EDD was 11/27-12/26 and now it just says “December”

Yup mine too white on white in oc :/ just gonna bite the bullet and pay an extra whatever and match with any performance that comes up. Was promised a mid Nov delivery but seems like something happened as the delays are absurd now. Silver lining is if they can match me with one before Nov 2 I get the full $1500 instead of $750...

By the way, do you just keep your 21's on all year? I was looking at 19's (maybe the TSpoetline ones that look like the Ubers) so I can rotate tires and get winter ones for some of the planned trips. If the lighter ones don't really give range increase because of aerodynamics, that might be a compromise.
I just bought pilot sport all season 4 and run them all year. This was just for the cold, our cali roads are not too bad so dodging potholes is not a cumbersome task. I like the look of 21’s so I deal with it lol. I do have T-Sportline 21’s as well. I’ll post a pic.

To be clear the Uberturbines are only more effective on the freeway. I’m town a lighter wheel and all season tire will usually do better because wind turbulence is less of a factor

Attachments

• 6CC2FA14-76A0-4605-AF52-CC015932C482.jpeg
    6CC2FA14-76A0-4605-AF52-CC015932C482.jpeg
    581 KB · Views: 64
I just bought pilot sport all season 4 and run them all year. This was just for the cold, our cali roads are not too bad so dodging potholes is not a cumbersome task. I like the look of 21’s so I deal with it lol. I do have T-Sportline 21’s as well. I’ll post a pic.

To be clear the Uberturbines are only more effective on the freeway. I’m town a lighter wheel and all season tire will usually do better because wind turbulence is less of a factor
Ah OK, thanks. I drive down to Anaheim area 3-4 times a week, distance wise 75% at higher speeds and the rest at stop and go... drive time end up being close to 50/50 (there's about a 30 mile stretch that takes over an hour). I figured the 19 inch mini uberturbines might be a good compromise, and with tire rotations they'd last longer (I drive about 25k-30k miles a year). Those wheels on your car do like nice, though.

Was that your original edd? I ordered on 09/27 white/white and my edd is and has always been 11/01-11/21..they sent me a text response today saying they expect a vin and delivery in that window

Wow surprised yours hasn’t changed. No my original EDD was 10/31-11/20.. so the same as yours with you ordering on 9/27. Bumped to 11/16-12/14, then again to 12/8-12/31.

I’m with everyone else who has gotten pushed. Even me being in CA, you have the same car setup so let’s see if they come through for you!

Reactions: Darrin.krein