Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's not so much the waiting as it is that people ordering weeks/months after are getting their cars sooner or that I could have saved what... $7k? and got the LR in about the same time. If they were upfront about that, it might have impacted my decision.
That's not how Tesla has operated and I don't anticipate that changing any time soon. Communication is poor, quality is at times questionable, and prices of their offerings seem to fluctuate without notice much like commodities. Is that acceptable? To most people it's not, but that's what it is and it's been like that since at least 2010.
Kinda getting tired of being told to "chill" tbfh
You have agency in this situation. You have the option and ability to choose between different outcomes. If you don't want to wait, then don't wait and cancel your order. Sitting on a web forum crying about Tesla being unfair to you on the hour, every hour is an exercise in futility. It certainly won't help your car get here any faster. Many of us have gone through what you're going through. I promise you, you'll get your car and you will love it. You'll soon forget about how annoying and frustrating this all was.

69B99063-3C48-4CE2-9CB7-E744A2239D32.jpeg
OD 9/1

I ordered yesterday 10/26
Red/Black
Tow
No FSD

Rocklin, CA pick up.

Not in a hurry so I think I'm going to wait to complete my profile. I know waiting for the rebate news may be pointless but I really don't need the car haha.
I noticed you're coming from an SR+ as well. What was your take on the MYP's acceleration relative to the SR+? I was pretty diasspointed when I gunned it and from 0-20 mps the car felt as quick as my SR+ and even after drag racing the 2, it wasn't until 25mp + that the MYP finally started to pull away (both batteries charged to ~90%). Sure, the SR+ is 700 pounds lighter, but wasn't sure if anybody else felt the same way when test driving a MYP. Regardless I'll still be going through with my order, just had much higher expectations given all the hype around the performance name.

Reactions: Phreddieruxpin
I noticed you're coming from an SR+ as well. What was your take on the MYP's acceleration relative to the SR+? I was pretty diasspointed when I gunned it and from 0-20 mps the car felt as quick as my SR+ and even after drag racing the 2, it wasn't until 25mp + that the MYP finally started to pull away (both batteries charged to ~90%). Sure, the SR+ is 700 pounds lighter, but wasn't sure if anybody else felt the same way when test driving a MYP. Regardless I'll still be going through with my order, just had much higher expectations given all the hype around the performance name.
That's interesting. It's hard finding comparisons between the 2. Only the drivers in the cars?

I still haven't test driven anything. I like surprises. I also haven't driven any Tesla other than my SR+.

I used to have a ~400awhp Evo X so I didn't expect to be blown away by the SR+ but I'm in love with the immediate power and will never go back to ICE. I can't imagine I'd be underwhelmed by the 1.8 second quicker MYP.