Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Found this somewhere else. Don't know if it's credible.

"Looks like there is a split now for the first 3 digits. Unless i missed this already happening.

5YJ = Manufacturer: Tesla Inc., Vehicle Type: Passenger Car (Designated for Model S & Model 3)
7SA = Manufacturer: Tesla Inc., Vehicle Type: MPV (Designated for Model X & Model Y)"

Reactions: voxel
There's a few of us on here that were sure we were going to get cars during EOQ push. They gave us VINs, then decided, "Oh wait, we can't give these guys cars yet. Let's make them wait more than double the estimated delivery from the time of their orders."

I've been able to make it work (after selling my vehicle early September) but I'm definitely ready. All accessories ordered (for now), indoor and outdoor charging wired, garage cleaned out... I'm out of hype for now, but I'm sure it'll come back when I see some movement in the right direction.
@Bisivni already knows what I'm going to say.... "ditto!"

I feel your pain, I was ready for a September delivery. I'm guessing my car has lost a couple thousand in trade in and the $750 from CA (which they should have kept until OD of 11/1 instead of delivery date). I've got all my accessories aside from wheels and tires ordered... the floor mats are just laying there in the movie room, taunting me every time I pass by.
I set my floor mats out on the garage floor so they'd settle and eventually lay flat. I also have all my accessories laying next to them. All of which are under the new 14-50 I had installed in September. Every time I go in there .... grrrrrr!

While production was halted for the MYP, the production for the MYLRs continued through the month of October. That might be a reason why the MYLR received 22 VINs before your MYP.
I haven't received my vin yet. No idea if it's going to be a 21, 22, or non existent forever. I'm about to hit 3 months since order next week and still nothing from Tesla on a real delivery date.

I set my floor mats out on the garage floor so they'd settle and eventually lay flat. I also have all my accessories laying next to them. All of which are under the new 14-50 I had installed in September. Every time I go in there .... grrrrrr!
It's easy too dusty in my garage, so I set them out in one of the rooms inside. They've had 2 months to settle flat so I'm good there. At this point, I feel like I have too much money invested in accessories to cancel my order and get something else, even if there were other viable options.

The classic dilemma: Take delivery of my 2021 VIN, or pause and wait for a '22 VIN? I tried to compare resale values of a late model year versus the following year and didn't get any good data... and with Tesla maybe it doesn't matter as much since it seems that late '21 and early '22 will probably be the same configuration. I'm *hopeful* for the tax rebate, but my main concern is the resale value 2-3 years from now if I decide to trade in the Y on a Cybertruck.

You guys got any wisdom/guidance? Need to make the call in the next few days.

Reactions: mT3Silvia and Tabor

doesn’t matter. Low mileage 2021 (since you‘ll have 12 months less time on wheels than other 2021) or high mileage 2022. It all washes out in the end. What matters will be when or if they change the underpinnings (4680, single cast) and bring more range or change looks. But that will be later than everyone thinks.

Reactions: Tabor and Montucky
As a recent seller of a still in production 2021 MY, it carries definite value over 1 model year older with identical miles. The greater automotive industry lives this way. Tesla doesn't have changes implemented at a Model year like legacy auto but the buying public doesn't know how to determine a early vs late 2021 Tesla, they always know that a 2022 is newer and is therfore worth more to the buying public.

I'm calling to release my 21 vin as soon as the store opens in a few hours.

As a recent seller of a still in production 2021 MY, it carries definite value over 1 model year older with identical miles. The greater automotive industry lives this way. Tesla doesn't have changes implemented at a Model year like legacy auto but the buying public doesn't know how to determine a early vs late 2021 Tesla, they always know that a 2022 is newer and is therfore worth more to the buying public.

I'm calling to release my 21 vin as soon as the store opens in a few hours.
This is exactly right. I keep hearing people say it doesn’t matter but it absolutely matters. New model years and the higher perceived value is engrained in the automotive industry. This applies to wholesale, retail, private, and trade-in. . That’s not changing any time soon. All things being equal, a 2021 will fetch more than a 2020.

I'm *hopeful* for the tax rebate, but my main concern is the resale value 2-3 years from now if I decide to trade in the Y on a Cybertruck.

1) With the tax rebate/credit, expect depreciation like other EVs. $7500 off the newest model means your older Tesla will be significantly less than new (tax credit amount plus normal depreciation).
2) When Austin is producing cars at max capacity with 4860 cells, expect shortages to end and used prices to fall. Used prices are higher than new/MSRP currently.

Honestly, resale values in 3 years will be nothing like today. 35% loss after 3 years (Tesla Model Y Depreciation) would be amazing because most EVs lose 50% of their value in 3 years.

Delivery day yesterday, no issues, pretty flawless. However I do have a small scratch on my front passenger wheel which I reported.
I'll post more pics after she is cleaned up. Good luck everyone, crazy times in here.

Attachments

• PXL_20211101_213748304.jpg
    PXL_20211101_213748304.jpg
    356.2 KB · Views: 65