Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We have a VIN!! It is a 2022.
OD 9/28
Red/White, No Tow
Mt Kisco NY delivery Nov 18-21

We did originally order the regular version of the car and would have been happy with it. That one is still on order and I may transfer to a family member that is interested in it once we actually are in possession of a car. Unfortunately we need a car -- we've been living with one vehicle since March 2020 (coincidentally our car lease ended as a pandemic began) and that was workable when no one went to work or school. Not so manageable now. Ordered the performance because it appeared we'd get it more quickly -- which turned out to be true. We finally drove the performance version last weekend and actually really preferred it. Glad it worked out this way and cannot wait to pick it up.

Ok forum, so I got my VIN today too. N309xxx, Delivery November 15-22! And I have the same dilemma with upcoming EV tax credit - defer to January or not? My situation is slightly different since I will be selling my 2020 MYLR to Carvana/CarMax while upgrading to 2022 MYP. Do you think in January used Tesla prices will plummet by amount similar to tax credit? Who would pay 60-65k for a used MYLR when a new one will cost 50k? If so, I might be ok to take delivery now. Thoughts?

Ok forum, so I got my VIN today too. N309xxx, Delivery November 15-22! And I have the same dilemma with upcoming EV tax credit - defer to January or not? My situation is slightly different since I will be selling my 2020 MYLR to Carvana/CarMax while upgrading to 2022 MYP. Do you think in January used Tesla prices will plummet by amount similar to tax credit? Who would pay 60-65k for a used MYLR when a new one will cost 50k? If so, I might be ok to take delivery now. Thoughts?
People who NEED/WANT one NOW (or sooner than 6 months) would pay, also, I expect Tesla to raise prices on new cars even more, which should protect the used market a little.

But I’m not even going to begin to predict what will happen to prices. Markets are funny.

Reactions: KAUSTIN
People who NEED/WANT one NOW (or sooner than 6 months) would pay, also, I expect Tesla to raise prices on new cars even more, which should protect the used market a little.

But I’m not even going to begin to predict what will happen to prices. Markets are funny.
In the same boat. You have to think a tax credit in 2022 will dampen the used market a little. My opinion (Im also selling my MYLR 2020 to get into a 2021 MYP) is that selling a car that is 1.5 years old for more than 5k over what was paid for it 1.5 years ago is gonna have to go away. Just makes no sense and has to be an aberration in the market. Do I think the Tesla resales market overall will be strong, yes. But I think some of the crazy numbers people are getting for a MY just make no sense when there is relatively decent supply in the market

Only 3 days from front of my EDD range, pretty sure that’s the closest I’ve been. Reddit poster today showed a new lowered income limit (not officially confirmed) that would disqualify some of us so consider your situation if you are waiting. At this point my SA can call me about any MYP with 4 wheels and I’ll say yes.

Attachments

• 1244A793-A7B5-42EF-AFA6-3A023FFE7C7A.png
    1244A793-A7B5-42EF-AFA6-3A023FFE7C7A.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 78
Reactions: johnc925
We have a VIN!! It is a 2022.
OD 9/28
Red/White, No Tow
Mt Kisco NY delivery Nov 18-21

We did originally order the regular version of the car and would have been happy with it. That one is still on order and I may transfer to a family member that is interested in it once we actually are in possession of a car. Unfortunately we need a car -- we've been living with one vehicle since March 2020 (coincidentally our car lease ended as a pandemic began) and that was workable when no one went to work or school. Not so manageable now. Ordered the performance because it appeared we'd get it more quickly -- which turned out to be true. We finally drove the performance version last weekend and actually really preferred it. Glad it worked out this way and cannot wait to pick it up.
That’s my configuration.

I entered my 18th EDD range today FYI

Reactions: Montucky