Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd think a red and black MYP would be a popular color combo. Pricier but still desired by enough people to be more common imo.

Kind of hoping my MSM MYP is delayed until 2022... afraid that won't happen given how popular it is.
I'm the opposite... I want my MSM MYP a month and a half ago when they said I'd get it. If they got one released tomorrow, I'd take it. If it stretches into December, I may hold off for tax credit.

Considering Tesla's been holding on to my "final payment" for a month and a half, if they tell me I have to reapply for financing ON TOP OF the added $750 ... think I'm gonna lose my sh##. ... And WHY THE HELL is MY EDD ahead of yours now??? I know I know, the supply chain ... but I should be getting mine AFTER you.

Reactions: Viv1984
Yeah we'll see about the price bumps. I really won't reorder if it goes up again. Since I sold my 3 yesterday, I'm starting to not care as much about the tax credit tbh. 😄 Wouldn't even see that for over a year and every price bump +order fee eats into that if I had to cancel. Maybe just sell the MYP close to break even and reorder getting the tax break in a year or 2 when they refresh the model.

I just have insurance left to do and might wait until I hear someone to fill it in then delay the first VIN. I just hope they warn before cancelling the order. Who knows what they'll pull when everyone is trying the same thing lol. Exciting times!
I hear ya. I guess since this is my first Tesla I'm wanting it to be a big leap forward... I've always been an ICE guy. Got rid of my SQ5 in July and been bumming it with the wife ever since - I telework, so why not lol. I normally go through a vehicle every 2-3 years.... I'd like this one to last me longer, we'll see. The only thing that could give me buyers regret is if all of a sudden the new battery cells come out and the range goes to 350 and the acceleration drops to 3.3. It may sound silly... but even at 38 that still matters! Oh well.... lol.

Reactions: Jbapckfan and mrmtb
Considering Tesla's been holding on to my "final payment" for a month and a half, if they tell me I have to reapply for financing ON TOP OF the added $750 ... think I'm gonna lose my sh##. ... And WHY THE HELL is MY EDD ahead of yours now??? I know I know, the supply chain ... but I should be getting mine AFTER you.
Yeah, some of this order date mayhem must be them pushing things out in batches. I have a MSM I ordered on 11/5 and its giving me a window of 12/11-12/31.... way sooner than I expected.

Tax Credit. Don't really need a car a the moment. WFH and wife has a Honda Fit. This would be to replace my M3P- that I lost in Hurricane Ida. Wanted something a little bigger for the dogs but it isn't a must have at the moment.
I'm in the same boat. Wife and I both telework. For the same price as getting one delivered this year, I could have a more expensive one next year with mid-late year upgrades and still make out in terms of getting a tax refund. I'm sure it'll go up, but if this tax credit passes, that's $10,000.... that'll get the newer version, pay for some custom upgrades AND I'll have money left over.

I call bull**** on the supply chain. They've targeted a handful of us and are patiently waiting us out to collect free deposits. I'm my case... they win. I'm out. F*** this.

I'm heading to my local store today to make a scene.

I call bull**** on the supply chain. They've targeted a handful of us and are patiently waiting us out to collect free deposits. I'm my case... they win. I'm out. F*** this.

I'm heading to my local store today to make a scene.
I'm getting close to doing the same. Hoping the EV 6 will be available in January and I'll pick one of those up. Hopefully I can sell all the stuff I got for the Tesla. I have a $4k voucher that expires in February, so I need the car before then (preferably sooner because I'm probably going to have to spend money on the car I'm trading in soon). I ordered the MYP because the people at the dealership said 6 maybe 7 weeks maximum. Tomorrow will be 13 weeks and still no VIN. I'm giving them until Thanksgiving to get me a vin number, otherwise I'm probably going with someone else.

I'm getting close to doing the same. Hoping the EV 6 will be available in January and I'll pick one of those up. Hopefully I can sell all the stuff I got for the Tesla. I have a $4k voucher that expires in February, so I need the car before then (preferably sooner because I'm probably going to have to spend money on the car I'm trading in soon). I ordered the MYP because the people at the dealership said 6 maybe 7 weeks maximum. Tomorrow will be 13 weeks and still no VIN. I'm giving them until Thanksgiving to get me a vin number, otherwise I'm probably going with someone else.
It really is BS. It’s funny how a few people just seem to get lost in a black hole. How does Tesla not have the ability to have those oldest orders on a list and prioritize them? Makes “0” sense. I am an 8/15 order but got a vin on 9/15 and delivery was going to be September 20th but unfortunately I was leaving that day to go out of the country for 3 weeks and couldn’t make the pickup. So I had to reject it. Now my EDD is 11/8-21. I’m hoping for a vin in the next week. You should have had your vin a long time ago simply because you are close in California and you live next door to a bad ass racetrack 😎

I think if you upload your travel itinerary for out of town into the insurance document section, Tesla will give you immediate VIN and delivery date on those days you are gone.
My SA already has the days (month) I'm gone. So, I'm guessing I'll get my vin within a couple days of leaving or it'll be released a couple days before I get back

Looks like west coast vins are coming! Just got mine, and it's a 2022 YP MSN white, no tow.

Also this might be of interest to folks who put their orders on hold. I ordered mine in April 2021, got a car for June delivery but decided to wait while they work out the kinks of vision AP. First they put my order on hold for a month, and within that time time frame I had a second VIN. So I told them to hold my order for six months until Jan 2022. About two weeks ago I released my hold so I can get a car by the end of 2021, I wanted to take a business depreciation for 2021. For my circumstances the savings comes out to almost the same as the EV rebate/credit if it were to pass.

Anyways, right away after releasing the order (end of October) I got an EDD of 10/25-11/30, that slowly got narrowed a couple times to yesterday's 11/10-19. And just now I got an Accept Vision disclaimer, clicked on that and boomed, 2022 vin: 7SAY..N..311xxx

Good luck folks!

Looks like west coast vins are coming! Just got mine, and it's a 2022 YP MSN white, no tow.

Also this might be of interest to folks who put their orders on hold. I ordered mine in April 2021, got a car for June delivery but decided to wait while they work out the kinks of vision AP. First they put my order on hold for a month, and within that time time frame I had a second VIN. So I told them to hold my order for six months until Jan 2022. About two weeks ago I released my hold so I can get a car by the end of 2021, I wanted to take a business depreciation for 2021. For my circumstances the savings comes out also the same as the EV rebate/credit if it were to pass.

Anyways, right away after releasing the order I got an EDD of 10/25-11/30, that slowly got narrowed a couple times to yesterday's 11/10-19. And just now I got an Accept Vision disclaimer, clicked on that and boomed, 2022 vin: 7SAY..N..311xxx

Good luck folks!
Gratz... I wouldn't mind a 6 month hold myself, I just question if they'd do it for me. I have absolutely zero need for a car atm but wanted to get one before the price went up a bunch, which I'm sure it will.

Reactions: Tabor

Also this might be of interest to folks who put their orders on hold. I ordered mine in April 2021, got a car for June delivery but decided to wait while they work out the kinks of vision AP. First they put my order on hold for a month, and within that time time frame I had a second VIN. So I told them to hold my order for six months until Jan 2022. About two weeks ago I released my hold so I can get a car by the end of 2021, I wanted to take a business depreciation for 2021. For my circumstances the savings comes out to almost the same as the EV rebate/credit if it were to pass.

Anyways, right away after releasing the order (end of October) I got an EDD of 10/25-11/30, that slowly got narrowed a couple times to yesterday's 11/10-19. And just now I got an Accept Vision disclaimer, clicked on that and boomed, 2022 vin: 7SAY..N..311xxx

Good luck folks!
If you don't mind me asking... so I know how to game it... did you actually deny the VIN assigned once or twice before putting it on hold, or did you just call up a service rep and ask them to put it on hold without first denying a VIN? I'm not saying it'll work... but knowing how you went about doing it would be helpful!