Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine rolled off the assembly line at 6am on Monday, got my vin at 10am, Tesla called at 230p to schedule my appt for Weds noon. So that's a little over 4 hours!

I applied and got approved for my Penfed loan by 4p same day and had them expedite the check to me (fedex overnight). This morning I got notice from fedex saying that the check should be at my doorsteps by 1p Weds.

Also FYI, Penfed didn't ask for any paperwork from Tesla. I have an account w DCU too but after reading some recent experiences by folks here I decided to go with Penfed.
What rate did penfed give you? I’ve got 2.49% from Tesla for 72 months. Wondering if they can beat that.

My OD was 11/2 and shows EDD of 12/15-12/31. If I want to hold for this potential tax credit, should I do it before I get a vin or after? I don't wanna get put at the end of the line and have to wait til feb or march.
I was going to cancel my order and reorder here in a week or two if the price didn't go up. However, today, in an effort to avoid all that, I contacted tesla via chat and asked if I could delay delivery by 3 months... they didn't say no. They are going to have a SA contact me in the next 72 hours to discuss. Fingers crossed.

MYP OD 9/6...Black/Black no tow/FSD. Latest EDD push from 11/8-11/20 to 11/11-11/22 yesterday. I get a call just now saying that my vehicle with a 2022 VIN can be delivered on Thu. 😍 Problem is it's the worst possible time... out of town on business til Thu....supposed to fly to Vegas Fri for a concert with the wife... so I am actually making arrangements to reschedule all that to be able to take delivery...I tried to delay a week but they said they couldn't...not going to argue

Can I proactively tell our SA to put a hold on our order once I get a vin? My guess is I'll get one second week of December but there's a good chance I'll be out of cell phone range. I don't want them to cancel my order if there isn't going to be a reasonable alternative to a Tesla in January/February. At this point, I'm wondering what will get delivered first... the MYP ordered in August or the MYLR ordered in October.

Yup. Also, I decided to go with Tesla Insurance as it was the cheapest out of everything. So good on that front. Just need DCU to get me the loan documents so I can sign and then get the check to me. They said it would be overnighted
Dumb Q but... is there no "online" option for DCU? In that they pay Tesla directly? Is this really typically how it works? Seems kinda antiquated to be paying by check when applying for loan

Dumb Q but... is there no "online" option for DCU? In that they pay Tesla directly? Is this really typically how it works? Seems kinda antiquated to be paying by check when applying for loan
Correct, there isn't I asked. They can either mail the check to them or to me. I chose me, Tesla confirmed I can provide the check to them on Delivery

Reactions: acatwith12
Lol so if I plan on half finance half cash then I'll present DCU check, then pay via Plaid online it seems? Weird process.... but what if it's remote delivery?! Who do I hand the check to?
Well Tesla did say, if DCU mailed the check, they would want them to take a picture to not delay delivery. Again, this is assuming you can get delivery 4 days from when you get the VIN.

I'm assuming they're putting my vehicle with other vehicles destined to the Carlsbad Service Center, which is like 8 hours from Fremont.

Damn. That makes a huge difference. I’m paying $5600 in taxes to pickup.
My sales tax is over $6600. I wish I had $5600 in sales tax!
And in California, we have additional fees...
SmartSelect_20211109-185153_Chrome.jpg