Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wtf is an air conditioner tax??!??!?? This has to be a joke lol
all cars(with built-in air conditioning) sold in Canada have this air conditioner tax. Basically a pollution tax.

But as I was looking into more info about this tax I realized EVs are exempt.
"The excise tax on air conditioners designed for automobiles, station wagons, vans or trucks applies only to those that are powered by the engines or power trains of the vehicles mentioned. Air conditioners that are powered by separate motors, propane or electricity are not subject to this tax". 😒

Last edited:
08240582-CFDA-4DA2-A5F3-64ADEA15C317.png
Just because someone is listing their car for $80,000 does not mean they are going to get $80,000 for it. I just thought it was funny. Here are some CarMax ones. I do not believe FSD transfers (another reason to just do the subscription if you want to go that route). And no doubt part of the value here is related to the pain of the unknown we are all experiencing.

EDD just got pushed from 11/10-12/8 to 11/23-12/20 on my second day in my EDD smh. Anyone else get pushed today?
They always push on the second day, mine got pushed yesterday but not as bad. Went from 11/9-12/7 to 11/13-12/11. Then it'll get pushed back again on the 14th (maybe 15th if they take Sunday off).

Reactions: Phreddieruxpin
I'm one of an unlucky and foolish crowd ... thought it was best to make the final payment when my VIN showed up. That was 6 weeks ago. They've had THAT money and the $250 for 6 weeks, and have made no effort to contact me (with the exception of me reaching out to them first). That's careless.

My fear is they'll give me a delivery date, then say "oops, we have to refund u first" ... (which I've been told takes 4 to 6 weeks) ... "and now because we took so long 1) getting the car to u and 2) refunding you ... u have to reapply for financing all over again".
In the exact same situation as you. They have had my final payment since 9/27. Every time I call to ask whats going on, I have to explain to my SA that my final payment has been paid, and they click around for a few seconds and go "oh yeah you have paid". So its obvious that paying doesn't matter or gives you any edge in the queue which is insane to me. Everyone should take note and only pay at the absolute last second. The whole refund game is a way to keep us on the hook, and is paralyzing as the refund period is always further out than the EDD.

In the exact same situation as you. They have had my final payment since 9/27. Every time I call to ask whats going on, I have to explain to my SA that my final payment has been paid, and they click around for a few seconds and go "oh yeah you have paid". So its obvious that paying doesn't matter or gives you any edge in the queue which is insane to me. Everyone should take note and only pay at the absolute last second. The whole refund game is a way to keep us on the hook, and is paralyzing as the refund period is always further out than the EDD.
While I agree with the sentiment of your statement particularly that early orders should take priority, I don’t feel that paying early should move you up in line. If that is the case, then people who can wire money to Tesla would get priority… and people taking out loans would get screwed. That wouldn’t seem right either. But if you get a VIN and a narrow EDD, pay them, and then get pushed back over and over I can’t imagine how I would feel.

While I agree with the sentiment of your statement particularly that early orders should take priority, I don’t feel that paying early should move you up in line. If that is the case, then people who can wire money to Tesla would get priority… and people taking out loans would get screwed. That wouldn’t seem right either. But if you get a VIN and a narrow EDD, pay them, and then get pushed back over and over I can’t imagine how I would feel.
Agree with you 100%. Last sentence is what happened with me. Insane range of emotions over 2 months I can assure you.

Reactions: Jbapckfan
I'm one of an unlucky and foolish crowd ... thought it was best to make the final payment when my VIN showed up. That was 6 weeks ago. They've had THAT money and the $250 for 6 weeks, and have made no effort to contact me (with the exception of me reaching out to them first). That's careless.

My fear is they'll give me a delivery date, then say "oops, we have to refund u first" ... (which I've been told takes 4 to 6 weeks) ... "and now because we took so long 1) getting the car to u and 2) refunding you ... u have to reapply for financing all over again".
Perhaps I missed something, but what would compel you to pay them in full without getting a car in return?

Perhaps I missed something, but what would compel you to pay them in full without getting a car in return?
This was simple lack of experience for me. Every car I've bought before was on the lot, that day, pay, sign, drive off. Only ever owned Toyotas ... before that, a couple Saturns. This is my first ... "nice" car.

Was notified by Tesla to make an delivery appointment. I made it, then signed off the finance, and paid. I ASSUMED ... incorrectly. Won't be making that mistake again ... tho, in my defense, it's not like I've lost the money to internet scammers. ... Just paid a reputable company too early.