Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m happy they are pushing out cars still even missing USB ports, they will fix it later. I’m not going to be upset
It’s not that people are upset getting cars necessarily without these small pieces - we are all happy. But the point is that it would be nice if Tesla to say “hey, we ran out of these so are delivering your car now but will install once we have the product”. Cool no issues! For a “tech” car - wireless charging and usb-c is pretty standard I’d say too.

Any word on your EDD? Did you get LR or P? Best of luck to you on a speedy delivery from here on out.
No word on it. I have both LR and P ordered. MYP was in August, EDD is 11/13-12/11 (original EDD when ordered was September). MYLR was ordered in October, EDD is mid March-mid April. If I don't get the MYP this month, I'll probably put it on hold, get the LR in (hopefully) March, then release the hold on the MYP when they do massive upgrades. I likely won't be available to take delivery in December, so not much of a choice.

It’s not that people are upset getting cars necessarily without these small pieces - we are all happy. But the point is that it would be nice if Tesla to say “hey, we ran out of these so are delivering your car now but will install once we have the product”. Cool no issues! For a “tech” car - wireless charging and usb-c is pretty standard I’d say too.
I think I’d be bothered (legitimately) by not having those ports and wireless charging even for a short term. How can I charge my phone?

Reactions: Phreddieruxpin
I’ve got a MYP, red/black. no tow, no fsd, ordered 11/3. The original delivery date was in December, so I had the order put on hold as I don’t want it delivered until January. Now I’m wondering when I should release the order (I’m ready) to take delivery in January or later. Any thoughts?

I guess I just meant I wonder what's happening internally. Like surely they have some sort of internal tracking of orders and configs and locations? It really feels like the Tesla employees at each location have a dart board they use for determining who gets their cars next. It's all over the place.
It's some sort of plan to maximize profits. I just wish there were good alternatives to Tesla. I needed a car before December and the MYP seemed like a good choice (4-6 week delivery time and a little over 16 weeks from order date to when I needed it). But apparently giving them an extra 10 weeks from when every sales person said I'd get the car was too optimistic. Now I'll probably have to wait until summer to get the car, nearly a year after ordering it.

I’ve got a MYP, red/black. no tow, no fsd, ordered 11/3. The original delivery date was in December, so I had the order put on hold as I don’t want it delivered until January. Now I’m wondering when I should release the order (I’m ready) to take delivery in January or later. Any thoughts?
I just put mine on hold yesterday until Jan and won't do anything until Dec when we hopefully have a better idea of the rebate situation. I don't want to risk early VIN assignment.

Reactions: Ray_R
Lol ok now this is getting slightly comical. In addition to the low 12v battery warning on delivery, I also discovered i have NO USB C front port outlets. Wtf! As I am sure it is related, the wireless charging pad does not work.
Is the glove box USB-C missing as well?

Also (question for everyone), if I have no SA to contact in case of "missing parts" 😑🤣 (what else can we do but laugh, waiting 2, 3, some of us 4 months for [almost] complete cars 🥴), do I just call the dealer to make the appointment?

Last edited:

Also (question for everyone), if I have no SA to contact in case of "missing parts" 😑🤣 (what else can we do but laugh, waiting 2, 3, some of us 4 months for [almost] complete cars 🥴), do I just call the dealer to make the appointment?
The glove box one is present with usb stick for sentry mode. The 2 passenger seat usb ports are present. I gotta do a deep dive to see what else is missing.

I had an SA but he just told me to put in a service request in the Tesla app. I got the issues taken care of (at least scheduled for repair) very quickly.

Question; Has anyone taken delivery of a new Tesla midnight silver in color since the paint pricing was changed by Tesla. I expect to pick up a midnight silver Y soon and was going to request they deduct the paint fee since this new pricing was Tesla new policy. And not an option change of mine. Any one have any insight or experience on this price reduction?

• Funny
Reactions: tbcboo
Question; Has anyone taken delivery of a new Tesla midnight silver in color since the paint pricing was changed by Tesla. I expect to pick up a midnight silver Y soon and was going to request they deduct the paint fee since this new pricing was Tesla new policy. And not an option change of mine. Any one have any insight or experience on this price reduction?
Good luck, I don't think that's going to happen. It'd be like a new order to them... and they won't struggle selling your car. Don't get me wrong... I'm sure they'd be willing to let you reorder at the new price and get the paint change for free.... lol

Last edited: