Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Question; Has anyone taken delivery of a new Tesla midnight silver in color since the paint pricing was changed by Tesla. I expect to pick up a midnight silver Y soon and was going to request they deduct the paint fee since this new pricing was Tesla new policy. And not an option change of mine. Any one have any insight or experience on this price reduction?
What they’ll tell you is that they’ll change your price to the current price

Which has gone up, even if you take out the 1k for MSM.

You can’t change your order, it will get updated to the current price

So, for anyone that's interested, I've got a MSM MYP with no tow/no FSD that had an estimated delivery date of December 11-31st. I called up and explained my desire to delay delivery and they pushed it 90 days out. The earliest* date they will now assign me a VIN is February 27, 2022. I have NO idea how they concluded that was 90 days out.... but that's the date I was given.

My main reason for delaying is to a) make sure I am eligible for the tax refund IF it passes and b) perhaps get lucky and delay long-enough to get any early year updates, such as new door trim (if indeed any new updates are rolled out, which may not happen). Doubt I'll get a car with 4680s though, almost certain not to imo.... but not impossible.

I plan to order a second vehicle in December or January if the price hasn't gone up by more than $2,000 and put that on a 90 day hold as well. My goal with that is to have a second optional date that is in the mid-late April timeframe... just in case the 4680s do drop and it looks like my current order is going to miss assignment by less than a month. A $250 gamble that seems worth it.

Point being... my main reason for posting... is that for folks who are wanting to delay delivery until 2022, it appears all you need to do is call customer service and they will put it on a temporary hold for you.

Good luck, I don't think that's going to happen. It'd be like a new order to them... and they won't struggle selling your car. Don't get me wrong... I'm sure they'd be willing to let you reorder at the new price and get the paint change for free.... lol
Yeah not counting on it but worth looking into it. Trust me I wont insist. I just figured since it wasnt an option change but a price reduction they should honor the free paint to anyone not taken delivery of one

Question; Has anyone taken delivery of a new Tesla midnight silver in color since the paint pricing was changed by Tesla. I expect to pick up a midnight silver Y soon and was going to request they deduct the paint fee since this new pricing was Tesla new policy. And not an option change of mine. Any one have any insight or experience on this price reduction?
But the vehicle price increased by $1k. The net change is $0. So that is a waste of time.

not when you order the Y months ago when the price was $5,000 cheaper
If you make any changes to your original order, you have to pay the current pricing... so in your case, you'd lose $4000 to save $1000. Not advisable. While I agree that you have a legitimate motivation to chase the now no-charge MSM paint option, realize that Tesla has also increased the price of the car so they have that cost baked in. Good move on ordering when you did since $5k is a big savings!

Last edited:
Reactions: Tabor and Jbapckfan