Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wish I waited longer, sold it very early Sept before a bunch of the recent price hikes. Probably could have got a fair bit more had I waited, but still happy with the outcome.
Honestly… debating on delaying the pickup of the MY standard by givemethevin because of the delivery change. I don’t think my MY standard will change in value but you never know. I have an old Prius I can drive… so I’m conflicted.

Reactions: Phreddieruxpin
I wish I knew, brother. I wish I knew. Even the regional manager just shrugs his shoulders, “soon.”
Anyone that reaches 2x-3x the time they told you for delivery should something extra from Tesla. Like PPF installed it discount on FSD. If this was delays for everyone, that's one thing but it's just a select few people.

Reactions: Jbapckfan
Anyone that reaches 2x-3x the time they told you for delivery should something extra from Tesla. Like PPF installed it discount on FSD. If this was delays for everyone, that's one thing but it's just a select few people.
My wife just wants the damn car. She's the only reason I didn't sell off all the accessories and cancel. I've lost all enthusiasm for the damn thing. I'm hellbent on badmouthing the brand to anyone who'll listen to me.

My wife just wants the damn car. She's the only reason I didn't sell off all the accessories and cancel. I've lost all enthusiasm for the damn thing. I'm hellbent on badmouthing the brand to anyone who'll listen to me.
If there were any other 300ish mile options in a reasonable amount of time, I'd probably take it. When they miss the end of the month and push me out to summer next year, I'm probably going to try to see if I can get an EV6 in January/February without a ridiculous markup.

I keep telling my SA that I probably can't accept delivery between Dec. 5 and Jan. 3 because of a vacation and he keeps telling me I'll get it by the end of the month, but I'm not sure. He's been wrong twice already. If I can't respond to the vin, they'll probably cancel my order or move me to the back of the line even though it's their fault they've blown past every delivery time they've given me. With all the people with orders on hold for the tax credit, I'm guessing delivery won't be Q1, and they've shown they don't really care about CA for the first month or two of a quarter.

Wow I remember us talking on page 300s about you getting a vin lol. I would feel the same exact way too.

How successful have folks already been in delaying delivery? I will legitimately be out of the US with family for the last 3 weeks of December, which is my EDD. When I placed the order the EDD said "January" so I thought nothing of the vacation.

How successful have folks already been in delaying delivery? I will legitimately be out of the US with family for the last 3 weeks of December, which is my EDD. When I placed the order the EDD said "January" so I thought nothing of the vacation.
My SA said that if I get my vin while on vacation that they'll just release it and put me in queue for another one. At this point, I trust what they say as far as I can throw one of their cars though. I wouldn't be surprised if they cancel it if I can't respond when they send me a delivery date. If you have email access, you might be able to put a hold when you get the vin assigned though.

Reactions: Starway2001
If there were any other 300ish mile options in a reasonable amount of time, I'd probably take it. When they miss the end of the month and push me out to summer next year, I'm probably going to try to see if I can get an EV6 in January/February without a ridiculous markup.

I keep telling my SA that I probably can't accept delivery between Dec. 5 and Jan. 3 because of a vacation and he keeps telling me I'll get it by the end of the month, but I'm not sure. He's been wrong twice already. If I can't respond to the vin, they'll probably cancel my order or move me to the back of the line even though it's their fault they've blown past every delivery time they've given me. With all the people with orders on hold for the tax credit, I'm guessing delivery won't be Q1, and they've shown they don't really care about CA for the first month or two of a quarter.
Our biggest fear is that Tesla will not really only have failed to delivery EOQ 3, but that they won’t deliver Q4 either. And we all know that means March. And on and on.

Delivery appointment: Today 12-4p

Another appointment window missed, with zero communication, except for ME calling/emailing THEM: "... you will for sure have your vehicle today ..." the email reads. ... A familiar refrain. Quite confident I'm getting bumped AT LEAST one more day ... again.
THIS is why I’m de-badging the car and will NEVER prosthelytize the brand.

Our biggest fear is that Tesla will not really only have failed to delivery EOQ 3, but that they won’t deliver Q4 either. And we all know that means March. And on and on.
They'll deliver around the 27th-30th I'm guessing. Maybe the week of Christmas. It's their end of quarter so they'll delivery to CA hard those weeks. As soon as it gets too late to deliver to other states, CA becomes their favorite place so they can add a few more deliveries to their EOQ numbers. From a purely business perspective, I get why they do what they do. But it's their blatantly false information that they tell us and the disregard for individual customers that bothers me. Just be up front with what we should expect.

Reactions: Starway2001