Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone that reaches 2x-3x the time they told you for delivery should something extra from Tesla. Like PPF installed it discount on FSD. If this was delays for everyone, that's one thing but it's just a select few people.
My guess is that there was some kind of system snafu that occurred when those orders were placed. There are too many from way-back-when who seem like their orders are continually pushed back.

Anyone know what time Tesla stops signing vins at night? I'm still checking every 10 minutes and I feel like it's even less healthy if everyone at the plant clocked out at 7...
I don't know the exact timing, but I think it will update in the source code before it updates on your page. Probably better to watch that closely if you're going to watch something. :)

Reactions: Viv1984
My guess is that there was some kind of system snafu that occurred when those orders were placed. There are too many from way-back-when who seem like their orders are continually pushed back.
If that's the case, then it's even worse. All of us have been asking for months and they've basically been telling us there are supply shortages and delivering to people ordering 1-2 months later. They should have been able to put all those orders on one truck and send it down the coast by now. It can't be that many left over from August. There should be someone accountable for these glitches of Tesla really cared.
I don't know the exact timing, but I think it will update in the source code before it updates on your page. Probably better to watch that closely if you're going to watch something. :)
That's what I do at work lol

Reactions: Starway2001
If that's the case, then it's even worse. All of us have been asking for months and they've basically been telling us there are supply shortages and delivering to people ordering 1-2 months later. They should have been able to put all those orders on one truck and send it down the coast by now. It can't be that many left over from August. There should be someone accountable for these glitches of Tesla really cared.

That's what I do at work lol
This is exactly correct! How can a red and white MYP get delivered to someone in San Diego who ordered in early October while completely ignoring a significantly older order for the same car in Los Angeles?

Not you @Bisivni but rather a customer who posted on the Performance Model Y Facebook group.

Last edited:
This is exactly correct! How can a red and white MYP get delivered to someone in San Diego who ordered in early October while completely ignoring a significantly older order for the same car in Los Angeles?

Not you @Bisivni but rather a customer who posted on the Performance Model Y Facebook group.
The fact that this has happened to a number of you from around the same order time makes me think that an ordering screw-up happened back then. I’d bet that if you were to put in an order now, you’d get it sooner than your original order and it wouldn’t be just because Tesla is trying to milk you for more money.

Are we looking for 5YJ or 7SA ?
I think it's all 7SA now. Also try typing the month names. If your EDD is going to change, it'll be in there too. Search for "november" and you'll see 4ish results; one of them will be part of your range and you might be able to see new dates.. . Not sure if it changes 1 hr before you'd see it on the web page or 5 minutes. I didn't really have too much success with it. Saw an EDD push 1 time.

The fact that this has happened to a number of you from around the same order time makes me think that an ordering screw-up happened back then. I’d bet that if you were to put in an order now, you’d get it sooner than your original order and it wouldn’t be just because Tesla is trying to milk you for more money.
Maybe make a form to track missing teslas? :p

Can we all stop fretting about going to the back of the line? I have declined two vehicles now as a result of being out of country. Both times with a VIN in hand.

Tesla is doing the best they are capable of. Could they be better? No doubt. But no way are they messing with us and with any malcontent.

Furthermore, my pricing is $12k below current pricing. So they aren’t playing that card either.

Plan for uncertainty. When your window narrows down to a few days from the present, wait for your VIN. Now it’s time to make arrangements. The time frame is indeed compressed.

Attachments

• 682FA77B-9D7E-4686-AB9C-E3D39690FFD8.jpeg
    682FA77B-9D7E-4686-AB9C-E3D39690FFD8.jpeg
    354.1 KB · Views: 93
Reactions: Raurele
I have a quick question, I receive my MYP on Sunday, I added it to my insurance, but they are having a hard time with the VIN, is this normal? why cant they find the VIN. When does the vin load into the database. Thanks for any help.
I think with it being a 2022(I’m guessing) that the company doesn’t have it in their system yet but from what I’ve read is that they can force it through on their end. A lot of people have had the same experience.