Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can we all stop fretting about going to the back of the line? I have declined two vehicles now as a result of being out of country. Both times with a VIN in hand.

Tesla is doing the best they are capable of. Could they be better? No doubt. But no way are they messing with us and with any malcontent.

Furthermore, my pricing is $12k below current pricing. So they aren’t playing that card either.

Plan for uncertainty. When your window narrows down to a few days from the present, wait for your VIN. Now it’s time to make arrangements. The time frame is indeed compressed.
Hahahahaha! Was quoted 28-35 days. It’s been over 100. For a PERFORMANCE. Was matched and unmatched to a VIN in September. It’s been 50+ days since their screw up. They say supply chain issues yet they’ve built 35,000 cars since end of September. They’ve built my exact configuration for other customers who ordered WEEKS after. Yet somehow are unable to fix and fulfill an order they screwed up?

Give ME a f***ing break!!! This is beyond absurd now.

I’m damn well versed in EOQ pushes and west coast blah blah blah as I’ve already lived through one and now living through another!!!!!

I’m done with “understanding” the “smartest company on the planet” who is unable or unwilling to deal with customer problems.

Last edited:
I mean when you've been lied to so many times...

No VIN yet, hopefully we'll get ours the same day. It should be delivered to your dealership the next day, probably a day or two later for me.
And all new deliveries should come with a free year of psychotherapy for the emotional distress caused by the constant date changes and zero communication.

Delivery day!!! VIN: 5YJYGDEF6MF30650x
I DO have front USB ports!
Car arrived with 85% charge, 15 mi on the odometer.

The whole buying process had no human contact, even calls were computer voice, expect:
1. Rate match (they actually cc'ed my SA, never had response from SA lol),
2. The delivery guy.
The delivery guy said they are doing home delivery for most cars. I assume they don't want too many people to hang around the shop too long inspecting cars.

Beside a small paint chip on the hatch door, there's no issue. Though I didn't go through all the stuff on the lists.
Panel gap is great. No missing plastic anchors
Not gonna bother with the chip, since it's Aluminum panel anyway.
No mud flag or PPF though 😥
No floor mats. Good for me since I already bought rubber ones.

Took my neighbor a ride (he got hooked after testing out my TURO rental MYLR), it was a blast!
Noticeably quicker than the MYLR. The acceleration is insane!
Ride is NOT bumpy! I drove Civic SI and GTI, about the same.

All in all, didn't have bad experience during the waiting (not great either since no communication). The car is unbelievable.
Congrats on the car! It’s looks great! Wanted to clarify, judging by the VIN given this would be a 2021 and not a 2022. Correct? Majority of the 2021 deliveries came with wireless charging and USB-C ports. It’s the recent deliveries with 2922 VINs that don’t have them due to supply chain shortages

I mean when you've been lied to so many times...

No VIN yet, hopefully we'll get ours the same day. It should be delivered to your dealership the next day, probably a day or two later for me.
Just curious, are you going to upload previous insurance or buy new insurance once you get VIN? Wonder what's the best to get the car fastest. Since we're in CA we can upload previous insurance

Well you did a little better than me. We were the exact same window, now I am 11/21-12/1. You beat me by a day on both ends 😭
Wow, another mid August order that hasn't been filled? Let's hope that difference is because of distance and they're getting our cars ready to be built!
Just curious, are you going to upload previous insurance or buy new insurance once you get VIN? Wonder what's the best to get the car fastest. Since we're in CA we can upload previous insurance
I haven't thought that far ahead lol. I'll probably upload previous insurance and call my company as soon as I get the vin.

EDD pushed back but shortened again today, now to 10 days 11/20-11/30. There's a light at the end of the tunnel! But is it the end or just just the headlights of the train of disappointment?

Jesus, we sound like abused wives. 😆 At least it didnt say the dreaded December.
Hope I follow in Viv's footsteps lol and get my EDD shortened to within Nov only

Reactions: Viv1984
Driving to work and seeing this is such a tease. Most were performance. Sigh. I-5 in Santa Clarita, Ca

028A9059-D591-45A8-A97C-85F4B8C2BF28.jpeg