Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I
I did mentioned it was a home delivery and he said it was fine once the drop the car off they collect the check.
I wonder about this... I haven't spoken to anyone at Tesla beyond calling in since I don't have an SA. I thought I've seen people say they drop off the car and leave - what if you miss the window how do you give the check!? Do they knock on your door to tell you they are there?

I

I wonder about this... I haven't spoken to anyone at Tesla beyond calling in since I don't have an SA. I thought I've seen people say they drop off the car and leave - what if you miss the window how do you give the check!? Do they knock on your door to tell you they are there?
I don’t think it matters much to them but you. It’s not that you’re gonna get away with the payment.

I

Funny story, a coworker of mine got a MYLR delivered this summer. He actually "paid" online, and had home delivery. Tesla never got the money from the lender. He ended up having the car 3 months before tesla said they needed it back. Never paid a dime.

• Funny
Reactions: acatwith12
He offered multiple times to fix it. The lender said they issued payment. Tesla never got it. They took the car back. He ordered another same day.
This cannot be the end of the story. If the lender claims they paid Tesla then they’ll insist your friend still owes them money…

Also in that three months your friend driving the car, they must be making payment right? I’m a bit confused on they didn’t pay a dime

No update on the EDD or anything yet! It's been the same for almost a week since we ordered. I am wondering if there will be a delay eventually (seems like it's a part of the process lol). Also, I am in SoCal! :)
Nice. I've got one I ordered on 11/5 that had a EDD of 12/11-12/31, put on hold til February 27th. Thinking about placing a second order.... just in case I feel like delaying delivery even further (perhaps Y production ramps up in Austin by mid-late March?) - sounds like if I reorder now I can wait and push out delivery as far as May.... or be ready to accept in February.

Thanks for the info!

OK, maybe it's just me, but I find it a little funny that you guys are min-maxing range with totally different wheels... on the Performance model. Is the practical range so low on MYP with the 21" Uberturbines that it can make sense to drop a couple thousand bucks on replacing wheels and tires right off the bat?

• Funny
Reactions: Starway2001
OK, maybe it's just me, but I find it a little funny that you guys are min-maxing range with totally different wheels... on the Performance model. Is the practical range so low on MYP with the 21" Uberturbines that it can make sense to drop a couple thousand bucks on replacing wheels and tires right off the bat?
I'd like more range, but it makes more sense to go with all the same size tires even if the range difference is negligible. With no tire rotations on the stock wheels, I've been reading the tires last about 15k miles. That means new tires 1-2 times per year for me. On the 19's, it would be new tires every 1.5-2 years. Plus I like the look better. Might as well drop the money now and sell the stock tires and wheels together and recoup most or all of that money.

Reactions: Stook02ss