Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Once the VIN shows in the app/online you will receive a text within approximately 3-4 days requesting you to schedule delivery. I was also told by a Tesla rep you can call to schedule delivery as soon as the VIN shows online.
Yeah. But they may not be able to help schedule until the car is officially out. Sometimes vin appears before that.

I have an OD of11/2 and EDD 12/13-31. Just curious if there has been any movement for ppl with similar ODs.
Thx
My OD/EDD is close to yours and has held very steady, only changed once a few weeks ago. Seems like there are quite a few MYPs with an EDD in the second half of Dec, will be interesting to see if they hold or slip. Do I remember someone posting that there's a master delivery spreadsheet somewhere that's tracking OD/EDD?

My OD/EDD is close to yours and has held very steady, only changed once a few weeks ago. Seems like there are quite a few MYPs with an EDD in the second half of Dec, will be interesting to see if they hold or slip. Do I remember someone posting that there's a master delivery spreadsheet somewhere that's tracking OD/EDD?
Teslike is the order tracker online: Teslike Model Y Survey & Order Tracker - 🟧heystacks

Reactions: mmatlock
I know this is a blasphemous statement on TMC, but folks are crazy for getting a full wrap on this car. Different strokes for different folks, I get it.

How so? Financially? You might have your beliefs but I’m not crazy, or at least hope so. :)

It is all about personal choice like you said. I wrapped both my X and 3 (DIY) and the number of times it has saved my paint has been totally worth the man hours and sweat that went into it. When I sold my 3 the paint was immaculate (for Tesla standards) and def helped the sale price. For those if you thinking DIY, think hard about it. Now I’m paying someone to do a full XPEL stealth on our X and incoming MYP, it looks really good (to me) and offers more protection than a vinyl wrap.

An extra 5-7k per car does sound steep, if you can afford it I think it’s worth it. If you want to look at “crazy” financial decisions look at how much most people spend eating out per month, or buying coffee, or flipping through cars every two years, ect. We all waste money in different ways. I think if you are going to keep your car for a longer period and will put a fair number of miles on, it’s worth it. If you want to make it more cost effective get clear XPEL and just do front protection and ceramic coat the rest of the car. If you can’t afford it, don’t get it.

Reactions: Jbapckfan
Do you mean you just don't feel the result justifies the cost?
The value proposition isn't there. If you have a LaFerrari or Porsche GT car, then sure, it makes more sense. It's simply not necessary and a waste of money to fully wrap a Model Y IMHO. This is not coming from a place of inexperience either. I've owned many many cars over the years and several of them had PPF. The best path forward is to have the following panels covered: front bumper, frunk, a-pillars, side mirrors, front fenders, bottom corner of rear doors. It's a risk based approach as these areas are the forward facing panels likely to take damage from foreign objects while driving. Most reputable film installers will charge between $1,600 and $2,000 for this coverage instead of the ~$5,000+ to wrap the entire car.

There's a cohort on this forum who are new to PPF/ceramic coating and their behavior is classic mimetic theory of desire. It's the theory of valuing something because someone else values it. There are some who don't even know why they're going nuts on PPF or are trying to sell themselves (and others) on the benefits of something they've never had before to justify the cost.

The value proposition isn't there. If you have a LaFerrari or Porsche GT car, then sure, it makes more sense. It's simply not necessary and a waste of money to fully wrap a Model Y IMHO. This is not coming from a place of inexperience either. I've owned many many cars over the years and several of them had PPF. The best path forward is to have the following panels covered: front bumper, frunk, a-pillars, side mirrors, front fenders, bottom corner of rear doors. It's a risk based approach as these areas are the forward facing panels likely to take damage from foreign objects while driving. Most reputable film installers will charge between $1,600 and $2,000 for this coverage instead of the ~$5,000+ to wrap the entire car.

There's a cohort on this forum who are new to PPF/ceramic coating and their behavior is classic mimetic theory of desire. It's the theory of valuing something because someone else values it. There are some who don't even know why they're going nuts on PPF or are trying to sell themselves (and others) on the benefits of something they've never had before to justify the cost.
It’s just like health insurance, buy what you can afford. Your decision to spend money depends on what you can afford and also what you choose to prioritize. Can most people get away with frontal PPF? Yes. Can full PPF protect from side scratches? Definitely.

While I agree most people can just do frontal PPF, don’t think it’s really my place to judge how they prioritize how they want to spend their money. I really don’t care what your car is worth to be worthy of full PPF. For some people, this truly is the best car they have purchased and they simply want to protect it. Maybe they plan on driving it for 5-10 years.

Using mimetic theory to say people are wasting money to follow collective trends ? Mimetic theory is the same reason you go to spend extra money on a Porsche or Ferrari. It all drives the same process and is much of the reason people (no matter the cost of the vehicle) want the spend time and resources to keep it looking good.

Last edited:
I will be doing full new-car prep this weekend myself. Decontamination bath, iron-x remover, NanoSkin synthetic clay bar, one-step polish with Sonax Perfect Finish using Rupes fine polish pads, one coat of Crystal Serum Light, and finishing with two coats of EXO v4. Interior protected with Colourlock Faux Leather Protector. Glass sealed with Wolf's Nano Glass.

Will take most of the three day weekend. A lot of work but I love doing it. I find it therapeutic and rewarding. Everyone else thinks I'm crazy!!!

Out of pocket this is about $1000, but it would cost roughly $3500 to have it done by a pro.

I recommend Obsessed Garage for tutorials and products.

I will be doing full new-car prep this weekend myself. Decontamination bath, iron-x remover, NanoSkin synthetic clay bar, one-step polish with Sonax Perfect Finish using Rupes fine polish pads, one coat of Crystal Serum Light, and finishing with two coats of EXO v4. Interior protected with Colourlock Faux Leather Protector. Glass sealed with Wolf's Nano Glass.

Will take most of the three day weekend. A lot of work but I love doing it. I find it therapeutic and rewarding. Everyone else thinks I'm crazy!!!

I'm with you.. I love working on my vehicles.. time flies, and the pride when you're done is an added bonus. Planning the same for mine and likely a full frontal XPEL treatment as well since winter here is pretty brutal.

Reactions: Starway2001
I'm with you.. I love working on my vehicles.. time flies, and the pride when you're done is an added bonus. Planning the same for mine and likely a full frontal XPEL treatment as well since winter here is pretty brutal.
Me too, but doing a full wrap was a true test of my patience. The front and year bumpers are no joke. I realized with this after doing it that it does take a fair amount of finesse and paying someone is worth it.

The true question is 'when you park your car and walk away do you want to look back once... or twice.' ;)

Me too, but doing a full wrap was a true test of my patience. The front and year bumpers are no joke. I realized with this after doing it that it does take a fair amount of finesse and paying someone is worth it.
Good tip. I usually do all my own work since I'm such a picky bastard, but maybe this is one where I should just pay and be done. I'll have to price it out. We have a good guy here in town who I've used on previous cars.

I think there's value in full PPF on the potential resale, but doubt it justifies a $5000 expense on the front end. I like the benefit of paint protection but a bigger driver for me is that I love the way Stealth looks on the white paint and like the idea of a mod that makes my Y look different than all the other white Ys rolling around town. If I wasn't considering Stealth and could only wrap a portion of the car, very likely that's what I'd do.

Reactions: KAUSTIN