Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't think I'd actually take delivery in early Jan, I think when I lift the hold I go to the back of the queue so probably more like June or whatever, not that it really matters.

In my case the hold has nothing to do with the tax credit. I'm ex-military and retired and getting ready to move back home, and I want to buy the new house first so I can move straight into it, then sell the old house. To do that I'm going to have to be able to qualify for two mortgages at the same time so I need to keep my debt-to-income ratio acceptable, and I just don't make enough in retirement pay to qualify for two mortgages plus another $800/mo car loan for the Tesla plus my existing car loan. So I put the Tesla on hold so I can buy the second house first, then I'll buy the Tesla.

But as an unplanned bonus, yeah, I might end up getting a tax credit/refund too, which would be great since I'll probably have to sell some stock anyhow in 2022.
Thanks for your service

But I thought 2022 tax credit becomes refundable so pretty irrelevant if you sell stock or not—what I’m saying is do not make your decision on stocks based on ev credit…

Morning all, hope everyone had a nice thanksgiving!

Just wanted to share some updates on my order:
OD - 10/28 (completed tasks last week)
MYP, MSM/Black, no tow/fsd
EDD - 12/17-31 (on OD) > 1/24/22 - 2/21/22 (a couple weeks after OD through last week when tasks were completed) > 12/27-31 (as of this morning)

Not sure who controls the delivery sheet, can we add data for the Ryzen processor? I’m actually way more curious about that than I am of the USB port situation. I feel like right when I’m due to delivery will be the transition.

Had the MYP 5 days now, still getting used to the significantly bigger size than my old car and doing a lot more long trips so not much sport mode, but LOVING the car. No regrets on not waiting for the tax credit. On a side note, pulling up to a place with a nice view and watching movies on the screen makes for a pretty good date night when there isn't much else to do.

Took delivery today. No major issues. 15 miles ODO. Tiny scratch behind front right wheel. They used touch up paint and now I can't even tell where it was. Everything is accounted for, USB included. Playing on the app, I found heated rear seats. Was this always a thing? Also, I have lumbar on driver side only. Thought I read that was gone. My sales center was out of 14-50 adapter, recommend buying that ahead of time.

Damn this thing is FAST.

Noticed a tiny door ding on rear passenger door once I got home. I'll see if tesla can do anything about it, but it's going to happen sooner or later.
20211127_144726.jpg

To be honest, after having my car for the better part of a week, I can’t find really anything wrong with it at all. I tried to find things to point out but if none of them get remedied, I wouldn’t complain. It’s great.

I am glad I got a wall connector installed at home. It makes things simple. It wasn’t cheap - $1500 all in - but it’ll be nice to have for a long time.

Reactions: estoyf
Cool. You have any instructions or link to them? I'd love to add as it's great for long trips. Thx.

Reactions: Steve S