Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well this is shaping up to me a nightmare scenario..

Finally got my VIN and signed order agreement on Monday. Sent it to my CU which is doing my loan. Meanwhile scheduled my delivery date for Friday. Super excited. My CU sent the check out to Tesla, copied check and agreement for proof of funds to thirdpartyfunding@tesla. They responded thank you and I think all is good.

Delivery center SA calls me today and asks for a copy of the check. Sent the email thread with everything. Then he asks if they gave me a tracking number. I called CU and they said they just mailed it out as they were told but didn’t use tracking.

SA tells me they have to wait to receive the check before confirming my delivery appointment.. I told them per Tesla What’s needed is a guarantee from financial institution which we provided. “The copy of the cashier's check is not considered as payment in full guaranteed if it is not accompanied by a tracking number.” (Okay but you added the tracking number part)

If I miss my delivery, I’m out of town next week. FML. Not to mention my loan is completed and funded with my VIN so if I can’t pick up next week I don’t know what’s going to happen.

Frustrating to think everything is working out to have found the ball is dropped by either my CU or Tesla for not providing more info about this. Just want my damn MYP! 🤬
It's never a boring story with Tesla deliveries.

Reactions: Luka816
Did you pay your down payment along with final finance payment at time of delivery.
I remitted down payment in advance of delivery. I called the 800 number and told them I wanted to remit payment of $XXX for the down payment and the check from the bank will cover the remaining balance. They made the change in my account and I was able to make the payment through the app. The remaining balance showing was the amount of the bank check (loan) I would hand over at delivery. It was very simple and easy. I did the same thing last year.

Reactions: Steve S
Mine literally hasn't moved since I ordered on 11/2. Stuck at EDD 12/15-12/31. Asked the SA here in Vegas and she said the backend shows 1/5. Really hope its either before I leave on the 22nd-31st when I fly to Rhode Island for the holidays. She said they can deliver the car if it comes in when I am away, but what if there is defects
Also in Vegas with a 12/15-31 EDD. I dont want it until late January really, also I will be out of town for the holidays so hopefully I get pushed back, otherwise I will have to put it back on hold. Just took it off hold last night. I was hoping for a later delivery window but hell nothing seems to come when you want it when it comes to Tesla. What’s your configuration?

I remitted down payment in advance of delivery. I called the 800 number and told them I wanted to remit payment of $XXX for the down payment and the check from the bank will cover the remaining balance. They made the change in my account and I was able to make the payment through the app. The remaining balance showing was the amount of the bank check (loan) I would hand over at delivery. It was very simple and easy. I did the same thing last year.
That’s good you get to interact with actual human during delivery day.

I texted my SA over at Burbank this morning to see where my car was since I have a VIN. He just called me back saying that the car is already in Burbank, they just need to process it, and schedule a pick up for me. Last time it was delivered(MYLR July 21), but I guess it's a pick up this time.
Hoping I get a call/text in the next few days, so I can go get the car before the new week starts.

**Update** Just got a text from Tesla saying they will now DELIVER this Sat. I guess SA was wrong about me picking up, but glad it's coming this Sat!.
Also, for those of you who were wondering if you can delay your delivery, check out what was in the text. I guess they are giving options to people who wants to delay the deliveries.

Attachments

• InkedText from Tesla.jpg
    InkedText from Tesla.jpg
    388.2 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:
For the ones here worrying or having issues with third party financing and Tesla accepting the payment prior to delivery without the tracking.

Is bringing a certified check from the bank or Credit Union with you on delivery day not an option for you?

I went with a CU that did my solar loan but their branches are in WA not CA. 😑

Had them make a fit to Tesla because they called specifically to make sure they had everything together and right as I have my delivery same week. Tesla admitted they should have said to send with tracking as it’s also not on any of their instructions either. Supposed to hear back within the hour if they will make an exception..

Also in Vegas with a 12/15-31 EDD. I dont want it until late January really, also I will be out of town for the holidays so hopefully I get pushed back, otherwise I will have to put it back on hold. Just took it off hold last night. I was hoping for a later delivery window but hell nothing seems to come when you want it when it comes to Tesla. What’s your configuration?
Yeah I am hoping to at least get it 1/1/22 in case of a tax credit. Mine is MYP White/Black, no tow or FSD. Plan on wrapping it lol

Update: Tesla Delivery Burbank just called me right now before they closed and to his surprise his system said my delivery is on and ready for tomorrow!

What a ride this has been. To anyone with third party financing please get tracking when they send a check! Lesson learned. Made an exception after my CU blasted them for incompetence naming certain people in emails. Tesla told her what if the check gets lost in the mail? She’s like well we are a credit union we will send you a new one with tracking since now we all know. Lol

Anyway I’m beyond grateful. 4PM tomorrow! 🙏🏼🤙🏼

:D:D
Got my schedule text today. 18th or 20th (no car sales in MO on Sundays). Against an EDD of 15-19.

AND…. I’m out of town! I needed it at the beginning of the EDD not the end. So how does this work? If I tell them I need the 23 or later will they hold the car for 3-4 days or are they gonna drop me? Should I seriously look at a POA, which I don’t want to do because no one will do the check over as closely as I will.

Got my schedule text today. 18th or 20th (no car sales in MO on Sundays). Against an EDD of 15-19.

AND…. I’m out of town! I needed it at the beginning of the EDD not the end. So how does this work? If I tell them I need the 23 or later will they hold the car for 3-4 days or are they gonna drop me? Should I seriously look at a POA, which I don’t want to do because no one will do the check over as closely as I will.
Wow they only give you 3 day window including a day that you can’t even go to pick up?

Now I’m nervous about my 12/22-12/25 window lol. With Christmas Eve and Christmas Day both being in my Edd window. Also picking up in STL. Does Elon believe in Christmas or he makes his employees work those days?

Got my VIN (3369xx) yesterday and delivery is scheduled for Friday at noon in Burbank, CA (OD=10/03). I guess while it takes longer to get a VIN in the west coast, the delivery is quicker. Talked to my SA yesterday, and he said that the car left the factory yesterday afternoon. Looking forward to taking delivery in a couple of days.
Hey I'm picking up my MYP on Saturday at the Burbank Garage also (with trade in for me). Can you let me know how it works out for you? Like the steps etc. Thanks!

Wow they only give you 3 day window including a day that you can’t even go to pick up?

Now I’m nervous about my 12/22-12/25 window lol. With Christmas Eve and Christmas Day both being in my Edd window. Also picking up in STL. Does Elon believe in Christmas or he makes his employees work those days?
Interesting. Not sure about the 24th, but I know the SC is closed on the 25th.

i was hoping for the car to get there earlier in the week but guess it won’t get in until the 17th and they have to prep. I leave town the 17th and don’t get back until the 23rd. Guess I’ll ask to defer until the 23 or 24 and see if I get screwed.

You should be fine. Just hold off scheduling your delivery until they call you then pick the latest day possible. The day of delivery just tell them your trip was extended and you will be able to pick up on the 23rd. They will hold it for at least three days.

Reactions: Budshark
Got my VIN (3369xx) yesterday and delivery is scheduled for Friday at noon in Burbank, CA (OD=10/03). I guess while it takes longer to get a VIN in the west coast, the delivery is quicker. Talked to my SA yesterday, and he said that the car left the factory yesterday afternoon. Looking forward to taking delivery in a couple of days.

Same vin numbers. Same delivery date. I’ll be there at 4. Hopefully we have an amazing build quality batch. Keep us updated :)

reattempting to take delivery a third time tomorrow after they messed my first car up twice, I called the store and they said everything is green and good to go with inspection.

I ended up paying for insurance for this vehicle a third time today and insurance have yet to refund me on the first two cars I never got.

MYP 2021 : OD: Oct 1 | VIN: Nov 1. EDD: Nov 17, delayed --> Nov 23 2021, cancelled on Nov 22 again without notification due to failed inspection. EDD First week of December for body shop repair, I cancelled car Nov 26

MYP 2022: VIN: Nov 23, EDD Dec 10