Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How do I put mine on hold? So when I originally ordered it was January Ed. Once I complete my order I sat at 12/18-12/31 until a few days ago. It then switched to 1/8-2/8. I just checked before and it’s 12/28-12/31 🤦🏻‍♂️. I don’t have a vin yet and I’m not in a hurry to collect the car before the new year. I’m honestly waiting so I can hopefully score the Michelins!
Call Tesla and ask them to put your order on hold till...

OD 11/1, Red/White, no tow, FSD. EDD was initially pushed back to mid January-mid February, then was 12/14-12/31 for the past couple of weeks. This weekend it was tightened to the end of that range, 12/25-12/31 (not sure the point of putting Xmas day in there- I'd be shocked if they would actually be working).

Today I got my VIN. Given its Santa colors, maybe it will show up for Xmas after all... 😊
3420XX, praying for Michelins.

On Saturday, I was at the Fremont Factory delivery center to pick up my refresh Model X. Before picking it up, we put in an order for Model Y to replace the 3.
The SA was keen on us to get one of the demo units already on the lot. Gave us a couple of options that we declined. Mainly he was proposing Performance Model Y with 2K on it for 300-700$ less; or a 2021 VIN.
Since we were not too keen on the exterior, He said he will look the inventory and have something soon, and hurried us to complete rest of the formalities (trade-in, financing, etc). After I completed it and contacted him again, SA pretty much tried to push the demo unit again. When i declined Again, he pretty much said "Someone from delivery team will contact you when there is something available".
I really want a different SA at this point. Not that they are of much help, but I dont like being lied to.
Not sure I get your point. How were you lied to?

Reactions: Cyberspeed
I've been following this thread and appreciate the input so I figured I would help hopefully solve some more questions about the michelins vs pirellis. I ordered my MYP on Oct 30th and got assigned a VIN on Dec 6th. My delivery date is the 18th. Now I live in NJ and I was recently realized (a little too late) how much of a problem the pirellis would be for the winter. Needless to say I started frantically trying to figure out what type of tires my car was going to come with being that I read now some were shipping with Michelins. Tire rack is sold out and back ordered for at least 60 days. I called several reps about the car throughout the day on Monday of this week to see what it had. One rep told me that the cars do not come with michelins at all, and (that you are stuck with whatever you get) that this isn't true and it is only on cars in Canada. I told him I know that's bs and I've seen other people on this forum in the US that have been getting them. Then I tried to reach someone at the dealer only to get another rep, who said he confirmed that the michelins are on the car with someone who is working at the dealer and your car arrived. Called back one more time after work because someone that is physically at the dealer still hadn't contacted me to confirm for 100% and a third rep then told me they don't come with michelins, you're most likely going to get the pirellis and whoever told you it has michelins couldn't have told you that because it is still in transit, it hasn't arrived at the dealer yet....so now im like WTF is going on. I finally reached someone at the dealer through email today and the car is in fact there ready to be picked up, and he sent me this photo.

Moral of the story, yes they are now being shipped with the michelins. Thank God, my car came from California, and my vin ended in 327XXX.

Oh yea, and the reps don't know sh**

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-12-14 at 9.49.36 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-12-14 at 9.49.36 PM.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 65
I've been following this thread and appreciate the input so I figured I would help hopefully solve some more questions about the michelins vs pirellis. I ordered my MYP on Oct 30th and got assigned a VIN on Dec 6th. My delivery date is the 18th. Now I live in NJ and I was recently realized (a little too late) how much of a problem the pirellis would be for the winter. Needless to say I started frantically trying to figure out what type of tires my car was going to come with being that I read now some were shipping with Michelins. Tire rack is sold out and back ordered for at least 60 days. I called several reps about the car throughout the day on Monday of this week to see what it had. One rep told me that the cars do not come with michelins at all, and (that you are stuck with whatever you get) that this isn't true and it is only on cars in Canada. I told him I know that's bs and I've seen other people on this forum in the US that have been getting them. Then I tried to reach someone at the dealer only to get another rep, who said he confirmed that the michelins are on the car with someone who is working at the dealer and your car arrived. Called back one more time after work because someone that is physically at the dealer still hadn't contacted me to confirm for 100% and a third rep then told me they don't come with michelins, you're most likely going to get the pirellis and whoever told you it has michelins couldn't have told you that because it is still in transit, it hasn't arrived at the dealer yet....so now im like WTF is going on. I finally reached someone at the dealer through email today and the car is in fact there ready to be picked up, and he sent me this photo.

Moral of the story, yes they are now being shipped with the michelins. Thank God, my car came from California, and my vin ended in 327XXX.

Oh yea, and the reps don't know sh**
I'm a 328xxx vin and am hopeful I get the A/S as well.

Received my VIN!
MSM/black int/Yes tow/no FSD
Order date: 11/4/21
original EDD: 12/20-12/31
my EDD didn't change once until this morning and it changed to 12/20-12/31
tonight I got VIN with delivery date as 12/15-12/20

2022 - 341***

WAY earlier than I was hoping. need to sell my car quick so I dont have a double car payment this month. but holy sh*t. It's happening!

Last edited:
Received my VIN!

Order date: 11/4/21
original EDD: 12/20-12/31
my EDD didn't change once until this morning and it changed to 12/20-12/31
tonight I got VIN with delivery date as 12/15-12/20

2022 - 341***

WAY earlier than I was hoping. need to sell my car quick so I dont have a double car payment this month. but holy sh*t. It's happening!
Nice! Hopefully mine will come soon. I’m in OC, ordered 11/4, MSM/black no add ons.

I didn't know this was an option.

Anyone know, is a "demo unit" only available from Fremont factory? Or do other Sales/Service Centers have these available too?
Other stores have demos for sale. Not all. I took a test drive of a model 3 two days ago at Burbank Tesla and they offered to sell me the demo model 3 AWD that I tested. It had about 45 miles. They also had a model y white with 7 seats, tow & FSD. Seems only way to learn about these is going in person as calls to stores are often rerouted to offsite agents. Perhaps I’m pushing the wrong option in the phone menu. Lol.

I just got a text saying
“Hi we currently plan to build and deliver your Model Y in December.

Please reply DECEMBER if you are ready for delivery this month and we will contact you about scheduling your delivery once your Model Y is built.
Please reply DELAY if you cannot take delivery this month and we will reach back out in the new year.”

Did anyone get the same text
OD 11/16
EDD 12/14-12/31
No vin

I just got a text saying
“Hi we currently plan to build and deliver your Model Y in December.

Please reply DECEMBER if you are ready for delivery this month and we will contact you about scheduling your delivery once your Model Y is built.
Please reply DELAY if you cannot take delivery this month and we will reach back out in the new year.”

Did anyone get the same text
OD 11/16
EDD 12/14-12/31
No vin
We got a missed call from Tesla today. Called the number back and the after hours message said it was Tesla order support. We texted our SA to see if there are any new updates. Cross fingers!