Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 745073View attachment 745074View attachment 745075

Good luck everybody! Worth the wait. Remember there’s no such thing as perfect. 2 millimeters isn’t enough to cause a stink about or ruin your experience. Enjoy the car!

Except it IS enough to cause a stink about and EVERY other car manufacturer would remedy this as a defect in their workmanship / QA. Tesla, at this price point especially, should definitely NOT be getting any exceptions on this.

Last edited:
Except it IS enough to cause a stink about and EVERY other car manufacturer would remedy this as a defect in their workmanship / QA. Tesla, at this price point especially, should definitely NOT be getting any exceptions on this.

I just traded a Grand Cherokee SRT for my M3P that had more panel alignment issues than both of my Teslas combined, and it cost more than either of them. There's a such thing as tolerances, and if you want to be picky and measure every slight gap difference I'd say find a manufacturer that suits your needs.

Meet Dhalgren!

Early delivery here! Got my DD set for tomorrow morning. I called and asked if I could just come pick it up and they said yes. Changed the date on my paperwork to today within 2 minutes on the app. He’s a beauty. Only issues mine had are a rip in the drivers door speaker which they scheduled a free replacement for next week. One panel misaligned but all others perfect. I mentioned it and they said it’s 1.5mm and not much they can do. Only If it creates wind noise I can have the panel replaced. Not a big deal to me and doesn’t make noise. Pickup was seamless. No delay between accepting delivery and door unlocking. Went over one of the in depth checklists. I’m happy.

MYP MSM/black w/ tow, no FSD
OD: 11/4
EDD was 12/20-12/31 from the day I ordered till the morning before getting my VIN.

Good luck everybody! Worth the wait. Remember there’s no such thing as perfect. 2 millimeters isn’t enough to cause a stink about or ruin your experience. Enjoy the car!
Looks great, congrats. I see that it is fitted with AS4s, what was your vin?

Meet Dhalgren!

Early delivery here! Got my DD set for tomorrow morning. I called and asked if I could just come pick it up and they said yes. Changed the date on my paperwork to today within 2 minutes on the app. He’s a beauty. Only issues mine had are a rip in the drivers door speaker which they scheduled a free replacement for next week. One panel misaligned but all others perfect. I mentioned it and they said it’s 1.5mm and not much they can do. Only If it creates wind noise I can have the panel replaced. Not a big deal to me and doesn’t make noise. Pickup was seamless. No delay between accepting delivery and door unlocking. Went over one of the in depth checklists. I’m happy.

MYP MSM/black w/ tow, no FSD
OD: 11/4
EDD was 12/20-12/31 from the day I ordered till the morning before getting my VIN.

Congrats!
We have the same OD, but I ordered the Model Y P in Blue/White with tow package.

I'm scheduled for delivery Dec. 26-31, but I want to pick it up in 2022, just in case the BBB bill ever passes. Hoping they notify me Dec. 29-31!

I can't afford to pass on the rebate!

Your car looks beautiful, and I'm jealous!

Enjoy it!!!

Reactions: Jacktracks707
No VIN and my EDD still says Jan 4 - Feb 1, but I just got this text:

“Hi, we currently plan to build and deliver your Model Y in December.

Please reply DECEMBER if you are ready for delivery this month and we will contact you about scheduling your delivery once your Model Y is built.
Please reply DELAY if you cannot take delivery this month and we will reach back out in the new year.”

I know most think all the sudden push backs in EDD for some while those near Fremont are seeing sudden pushes forward think it’s normal end of quarter behavior.

My gut which is pure speculation says we get some sort of announcement about MY or MYP v2 or 2.5 in the next few weeks. More speculation is that it involves Austin starting production and MYP receiving 4680s first with the candy list of new changes seen in MIC. Both Sawyer and a other twitter users with some inside sources seem to have to have some big info that is to be revealed soon.

• Informative
Reactions: Steve S
Ya, I have an MYP that’s supposed to be delivered by EOY. If this announcement happens before I take delivery, I will be telling them I’m waiting for one of those.

I know most think all the sudden push backs in EDD for some while those near Fremont are seeing sudden pushes forward think it’s normal end of quarter behavior.

My gut which is pure speculation says we get some sort of announcement about MY or MYP v2 or 2.5 in the next few weeks. More speculation is that it involves Austin starting production and MYP receiving 4680s first with the candy list of new changes seen in MIC. Both Sawyer and a other twitter users with some inside sources seem to have to have some big info that is to be revealed soon.

Final update - So within 1 week, my EDD was bumped from a Nov-Dec date to Jan-Feb, where it remained for about 2 weeks then things started to move really fast this week:
Mon 13 - still Jan-Feb EDD
Tues 14 - Dec 17-25 EDD
Weds 15 - Dec 16-19 EDD
Thurs 16 - Delivered to me in Arizona (2021 model year with the 5YJ vin)
OD 8/14/21 MYLR7, black ext, whi int, 20", 7seat

Thanks to all for posting, I learned many things. Especially to frequently check app. I must had check my app 2-4x's a day. I was expecting to receive it in Jan and sorta hoped for a 2022 delivery. But things happen for a reason , that I accept. I like my 2021 now. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 907XCP and Kenn014
Final update - So within 1 week, my EDD was bumped from a Nov-Dec date to Jan-Feb, where it remained for about 2 weeks then things started to move really fast this week:
Mon 13 - still Jan-Feb EDD
Tues 14 - Dec 17-25 EDD
Weds 15 - Dec 16-19 EDD
Thurs 16 - Delivered to me in Arizona (2021 model year with the 5YJ vin)
OD 8/14/21 MYLR7, black ext, whi int, 20", 7seat

Thanks to all for posting, I learned many things. Especially to frequently check app. I must had check my app 2-4x's a day. I was expecting to receive it in Jan and sorta hoped for a 2022 delivery. But things happen for a reason , that I accept. I like my 2021 now. Good luck everyone!

did you originally order a MYP? but take delivery of a MYLR?

No VIN and my EDD still says Jan 4 - Feb 1, but I just got this text:

“Hi, we currently plan to build and deliver your Model Y in December.

Please reply DECEMBER if you are ready for delivery this month and we will contact you about scheduling your delivery once your Model Y is built.
Please reply DELAY if you cannot take delivery this month and we will reach back out in the new year.”
Got the same text earlier as well (6pm pst). Current EDD sitting at Jan 3-31.

Reactions: Nurkbonis