Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Small data point. I ordered MYP early Nov, put on hold until 3 January in mid-Nov. Never had VIN.

Today I removed the hold, thinking no way with 11 days left, and holidays, that I take delivery before 1 Jan.

2-3 hours after the hold removed the hold, I had a VIN and delivery window of 24-31 Dec. Few hours later I had an SA texting me about taking delivery this week.

I said no, and that I was still out of the area until 1 January. FTR, I was told during original hold that removing hold 3 Jan would mean a delivery in mid-feb to march.

I said I couldnt take delivery this week, they released the VIN and put me under another hold. I did not request the re-hold.

Reactions: preilly44
Forgot to post. Pick it up on 12/11 and did a little face lift

Attachments

• IMG_20211219_182244_239.jpg
    IMG_20211219_182244_239.jpg
    542.6 KB · Views: 83
Small data point. I ordered MYP early Nov, put on hold until 3 January in mid-Nov. Never had VIN.

Today I removed the hold, thinking no way with 11 days left, and holidays, that I take delivery before 1 Jan.

2-3 hours after the hold removed the hold, I had a VIN and delivery window of 24-31 Dec. Few hours later I had an SA texting me about taking delivery this week.

I said no, and that I was still out of the area until 1 January. FTR, I was told during original hold that removing hold 3 Jan would mean a delivery in mid-feb to march.

I said I couldnt take delivery this week, they released the VIN and put me under another hold. I did not request the re-hold.
Thanks for sharing, that's useful to know. I’ve been wrestling with when to release the hold to try for the earliest delivery possible on/after we return from the holidays on Jan 3.

I may sound like a d%^k but all these people putting on hold, taking off hold because "it doesn't work for them" should go to the end of the line and clock start all over. Stupid that Tesla just let's these games happen. Also let those folks hold the price until the car is ready. You delay or put on a hold, reset the price as well. Others are waiting and willing to take delivery now. If you don't want the car unless it is a perfect date, time and location, don't buy a Tesla. Walk into another car dealer when the time works for you.

I may sound like a d%^k but all these people putting on hold, taking off hold because "it doesn't work for them" should go to the end of the line and clock start all over. Stupid that Tesla just let's these games happen. Also let those folks hold the price until the car is ready. You delay or put on a hold, reset the price as well. Others are waiting and willing to take delivery now. If you don't want the car unless it is a perfect date, time and location, don't buy a Tesla. Walk into another car dealer when the time works for you.
Fair enough. Many are indeed playing the game.

But for many, many, many of us, the EDD changes drastically and frequently. Sometimes after the start date has passed. You can't be waiting 15 months with your life on hold. I was traveling out of country when my VINs were assigned. Should I go to back of the line? In the case of my wife, her mother took ill and she had to leave for Canada. Should she go to back of the line?

History of MYP

1640117185285.png

History of my Plaid. Note that my second 'Hold' was not enforced and I received a third VIN prior to my requested date.

1640117338835.png

Keep in mind not everyone's situation is the same. My only pickup option is to drive 5 hours to Kansas City, that's a hard ask on the three days before Christmas. I understand the rules allow for gaming the system but there are also legitimate reasons where pickup must be deferred. If I could just walk into our OKC Tesla showroom and take a car home, I would have done it in November when I placed my order online.

Yep, exactly my fear, I'd like to avoid placing more than one hold. I thought 12/29 would be safe since there would be no possibility of a 3 day pickup window in Dec.
Got it. So is the five hour drive or the fact you are waiting until 1/1 in hopes for a tax credit. Sure sounds to me like this has nothing to do with a 5 hour drive but you want the car specifically on the day you want it and oh after 1/1. I guess you proved my point. Everyone is gaming the system. That’s fine Tesla allows it. I just wish they would stop it or if you want to game it then you back to the end of the line and you get the new price.

I also get A (that‘s one) unforeseen issue where you may need to put it on hold as that doesn’t work but the of’d hold, get a date oops that doesn’t work for me, on hold again, then off hold oops that date doesn’t work….is excessive.

Reactions: jayk82

They seem to be making too many MYP's while serving a 11 month delay for MYLR. Strange are the ways of Elon Musk. No wonder they reduced the price difference between MYP and MYLR from $10k to $5k.

Got it. So is the five hour drive or the fact you are waiting until 1/1 in hopes for a tax credit. Sure sounds to me like this has nothing to do with a 5 hour drive but you want the car specifically on the day you want it and oh after 1/1. I guess you proved my point. Everyone is gaming the system. That’s fine Tesla allows it. I just wish they would stop it or if you want to game it then you back to the end of the line and you get the new price.

I also get A (that‘s one) unforeseen issue where you may need to put it on hold as that doesn’t work but the of’d hold, get a date oops that doesn’t work for me, on hold again, then off hold oops that date doesn’t work….is excessive.
Your frustrations and anger are apparently blinding you from the fact that he explicitly said why his situation is different. Perhaps, he has family plans for Christmas... perhaps he doesn't want to devote 11 hours of driving to picking up his car on short notice around Christmas.

If you want to be angry and negative, just go create a bot twitter account and join TSLAQ.