Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Side note, is it common for Tesla to request final payment almost 2 weeks prior to EDD? App is asking for insurance and final payment now but EDD is Feb 14th - Feb 17th
Insurance information you need to give. Some states require you to insure the car before delivery, but my state does not as long as you have insurance on another car.

I would definitely NOT pay until you have checked out the car and accept delivery. You can do that at delivery.

Any alerts? Or it just show up in your Tesla account?

Insurance information you need to give. Some states require you to insure the car before delivery, but my state does not as long as you have insurance on another car.

I would definitely NOT pay until you have checked out the car and accept delivery. You can do that at delivery.
same here. I've setup plaid however have not submitted/sent payment till I can lay eyes on the car.

Just got my VIN and am disappointed its a Fremont vehicle.

Is there any chance that any of the vehicles coming out of Fremont have the 4860 or made with the new Giga press casting?

Interest rates are going up, I already locked in a 1.99%, I really want to initiate the delayed delivery since I don't emergently need a vehicle right now.

Risk a interest rate increase to try and get a Austin vehicle or take the potentially substandard Fremont vehicle?

OD: SEPTEMBER 11th 2021
EDD: February 15-19
Model: MYP
Exterior & Interior BLUE/BLACK
Tow

Pick up State MD
Production location: FREMONT

VIN: Yes

Just got my VIN and am disappointed its a Fremont vehicle.

Is there any chance that any of the vehicles coming out of Fremont have the 4860 or made with the new Giga press casting?

Interest rates are going up, I already locked in a 1.99%, I really want to initiate the delayed delivery since I don't emergently need a vehicle right now.

Risk a interest rate increase to try and get a Austin vehicle or take the potentially substandard Fremont vehicle?

OD: SEPTEMBER 11th 2021
EDD: February 15-19
Model: MYP
Exterior & Interior BLUE/BLACK
Tow

Pick up State MD
Production location: FREMONT

VIN: Yes

Only you can decide what to do, but I don't think the volume of 4680 cars coming out of Austin is going to be very big for several months. If you hold, will you get an Austin car in a month? Maybe, but it's far from guaranteed. It's also possible the build quality from Freemont is better than the initial vehicles built at Austin.

I've run this same question through my head, as my EDD is 2/14-3/14. I think I've decided to just take it when a VIN gets assigned and enjoy the vehicle. You can always get the latest and greatest several years down the line, at which point there will probably be even more impactful improvements.

Only you can decide what to do, but I don't think the volume of 4680 cars coming out of Austin is going to be very big for several months. If you hold, will you get an Austin car in a month? Maybe, but it's far from guaranteed. It's also possible the build quality from Freemont is better than the initial vehicles built at Austin.

I've run this same question through my head, as my EDD is 2/14-3/14. I think I've decided to just take it when a VIN gets assigned and enjoy the vehicle. You can always get the latest and greatest several years down the line, at which point there will probably be even more impactful improvements.
Excellent perspective.

Honestly, I have a 2018 Model 3, the battery has held up pretty well. I don't truly care about battery chemistry as I know they're shades of gray when it comes to the pavement. BUT, the only thing that would piss me off is if Tesla releases the vehicles with the 4680 and then the total range goes up (because of weight, etc). I commute, in cold weather almost 98 miles one way a few times a month and my M3P won't make it now that it's 100% charge is 268 miles. I would love a MYP that could get 330 miles - would make my life super easier.

I really don't care [deeply] about bells and whistles, I just want that 320+ range in a performance model for my monster commutes.

Another day, another EDD window entered. I'll eat my boot if I don't get pushed back another handful of days by tomorrow morning.

I wonder if being set as financing matters here. I initially picked cash, as the conventional wisdom recommends, but early on Tesla asked for third party financing info, which of course I provided right away. My profile shows all the details correctly. Thoughts?

Excellent perspective.

Honestly, I have a 2018 Model 3, the battery has held up pretty well. I don't truly care about battery chemistry as I know they're shades of gray when it comes to the pavement. BUT, the only thing that would piss me off is if Tesla releases the vehicles with the 4680 and then the total range goes up (because of weight, etc). I commute, in cold weather almost 98 miles one way a few times a month and my M3P won't make it now that it's 100% charge is 268 miles. I would love a MYP that could get 330 miles - would make my life super easier.

I really don't care [deeply] about bells and whistles, I just want that 320+ range in a performance model for my monster commutes.
If you cancel and reorder you will have a price increase. Its 2-3K more today than when you ordered. If you want the P model and greater range - sell the heavy 21" Ubers and get the lighter 19" gemini's and use the plastic wheel covers, that should put you at or near the MYLR range of 330.

Back on 1/22 they called and said they had some delays in transit due to all the snow storms in the midwest... my 1/30 delivery was rescheduled to this Thursday 2/3. Was looking forward to a weekend pickup but still super excited! T-minus 5 days and counting!

Picking my car up tomorrow morning! Trying my best not to think about it constantly today :D

Reactions: ImHere4theGang
Another day, another EDD window entered. I'll eat my boot if I don't get pushed back another handful of days by tomorrow morning.

I wonder if being set as financing matters here. I initially picked cash, as the conventional wisdom recommends, but early on Tesla asked for third party financing info, which of course I provided right away. My profile shows all the details correctly. Thoughts?
We will all be waiting for tomorrows update and hopefully you get your car soon with a picture of said boot half eaten 😂

Excellent perspective.

No one can tell you what to do but… 4680s are going to gain a mile or two not 20 or 30. Seems strange if range is your biggest anxiety why get a P? Get a LR, and buy the boost. 10% range increase and nearly same gut punch performance.

But you are months away from guaranteed Austin. You’d need an EDD of June and even then my guess is it’ll be 75% chance not 100%.

I'm in a similar situation with an EDD of 2/12-3/12. At this point, we don't know anything about Austin - like will they even start with MYPs? That said, if they do plan to start delivery in Q1, we should know something in the next few weeks.

I'm a bit of an outlier in that I'm not super concerned about the 4680, but more excited about the potential improvements to fit and finish (no panel gaps, improved paint quality). We already see that with Shanghai vs Fremont.

Take delivery of the car, sell it in a year for more than you paid, assuming shortage continues, and order another car in the meantime when you think you can time it right. Interest rates will be higher but you'll have a better chance of actually getting an Austin car which will have even more upgrades like cooled seats, heated wiper, who knows what else.

If you cancel and reorder you will have a price increase. Its 2-3K more today than when you ordered. If you want the P model and greater range - sell the heavy 21" Ubers and get the lighter 19" gemini's and use the plastic wheel covers, that should put you at or near the MYLR range of 330.
Is this true? If I put 19"s on my MYP and change vehicle tire settings to 19"s the computer will add range?