Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So is FL just slow to get cars? So many people with much higher VINs getting their vehicles before me.
Well interesting you ask this. As I quoted above I got my vin last night and this morning they were saying 2-3 weeks for delivery but when pressed and asked where the car actually was they said already in Chicago. The next thing I know my appt text came and I could have selected 2/13, this weekend.
Did you actually get your appt text and schedule? If not then you could be getting a delivery date sooner. I am an older vin, 372, than you so I doubt your car is further west than mine. Hang in there.

Well interesting you ask this. As I quoted above I got my vin last night and this morning they were saying 2-3 weeks for delivery but when pressed and asked where the car actually was they said already in Chicago. The next thing I know my appt text came and I could have selected 2/13, this weekend.
Did you actually get your appt text and schedule? If not then you could be getting a delivery date sooner. I am an older vin, 372, than you so I doubt your car is further west than mine. Hang in there.
I’m fine :). Just curious about it. My appointment is scheduled via the app. 2 more sleeps and I can pick it up.

Reactions: OniGerry
Ok just curious, but are the Intel and non-12v lithium battery THAT big of a deal? I know everyone has different opinions, but is it really bad enough to not take possession?
For the AMD processor, according to Teslascope via Twitter:
More than 4x the storage, 8x faster load times for almost all entertainment apps and games, 3x faster panning of the map, and 4x faster boot-up time. You can also expect significantly faster navigation responses and routing.

It is important to get the build date. Unlikely that they are switching back and fourth on the fly.
From the limited knowledge I have from a Toyota manufacturing plant the vin is assigned at start of production so they would all be in sequence. Nothing goes before or after another car until final inspection then one could actually leave before but the build date should not matter. Are we actually confident there are intel out there confirmed by an actual delivery? Or are we going by what a SA says?

99 days and still no vin. I’ve entered my EDD 8 times now. Almost bet tomorrow it gets pushed back once again. Want this nightmare to end
you ordered a month before me and I have a Vin and a scheduled pickup appointment .. i would be calling tesla to find out why. i would assume you had put a hold on at some point otherwise you should have gotten a vehicle by now..

Also posted this in the FL waiting room. I had a VIN assigned to me yesterday for my MYP (black external, white interior, no other options). However, delivery is set for Feb 25th - March 1st down here in south FL. Unfortunately, I may be traveling during this time for work and, if so, I will not be able to take delivery. I cannot put the order on hold since it was already on hold and Tesla will auto cancel. My SA has tried to unmatch me but I keep getting matched to the same VIN. He did let me now that someone else can be matched to the VIN if they want to take the car and this would allow me to get matched to a new VIN. If anyone is interested in being assigned my VIN for taking delivery of the MYP by the end of this month send me a message. The MYP has not left CA yet for FL. Based on what the SA has told me, this MYP will have the intel processor (build date 2-8-22). Worst case scenario for me is that I will need to find someone to head over to the center and take delivery but I would rather do this myself.

Also posted this in the FL waiting room. I had a VIN assigned to me yesterday for my MYP (black external, white interior, no other options). However, delivery is set for Feb 25th - March 1st down here in south FL. Unfortunately, I may be traveling during this time for work and, if so, I will not be able to take delivery. I cannot put the order on hold since it was already on hold and Tesla will auto cancel. My SA has tried to unmatch me but I keep getting matched to the same VIN. He did let me now that someone else can be matched to the VIN if they want to take the car and this would allow me to get matched to a new VIN. If anyone is interested in being assigned my VIN for taking delivery of the MYP by the end of this month send me a message. The MYP has not left CA yet for FL. Based on what the SA has told me, this MYP will have the intel processor (build date 2-8-22). Worst case scenario for me is that I will need to find someone to head over to the center and take delivery but I would rather do this myself.
What are the consequences of a no show situation? Life happens.

I just read the last few pages of this thread. Its similar to the Model 3 LR AWD thread in the model 3 subforum, in how fast it moves. I am guessing that for model Ys there are a lot more Performance models being ordered since its "only" 5k More than the LR version, at least for orders from the last pricing changes.

I have a model Y P on order myself, to replace my wifes X3. Order date Jan 5 2022, current EDD Mar 8 - Mar 31. I thought we were past the whole "AMD / Intel" thing as far as these new orders go, but I read several posts from people being told they got intel and releasing orders because of it.

My current Model 3 Performance has the intel processor (purchased in 2018 so of course it does), and its fine. With that being said, If I am buying a new car right now I might as well get the new one. May sound like an oxymoron because I am saying both "the intel is fine, it works just fine on my current car through 3+ years of use) and also "I want the new one in my wifes incoming Model YP".

I dont care about the new High Voltage (HV) battery in this car, personally, since I would rather have the battery I know, thats in my model 3, than the one I dont which is brand new.

I would also rather have one of the first sets of cars out of austin (since those will be gone over with a fine tooth comb for training / QC purposes) OR, AFTER ramp up. "During" ramp up = not desirable, as many of us who have 2018 model 3s will tell you.

Hopefully there comes some clarity on this AMD / Intel situation that seems to have been clear, then uncleared itself again recently (lol).

I dont have any particular inside knowledge on this stuff, so I am doing the same thing as many of you, trying to time selling an outgoing vehicle, etc etc. I really like Tesla tech (I also have Tesla solar + powerwalls), but this stuff is no less frustrating for me than it is for all of you too.