Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder if 16V Li-ion and AMD go hand in hand. Could be the extra power requirements needed for the AMD is handled by the more powerful 16V Li-ion. Could also be the reason that they won’t do the retrofits for the people with Intel.

That's what Tesla told me however I was wondering if they either came out with a different spec Intel board that supports 16V.

Reactions: chillmode
I released my Intel VIN today at 5:30pm. About an hour later, the VIN disappeared from my account. Upon checking the Discord server I noticed a car wit my config became available at around 6:18pm. I think it might have been my ex-VIN?? The location, Lathrop CA, is close to the factory and is also where Tesla rents 9 acres of land for parking. Maybe it was parked there awaiting transport?
564ED968-1C14-40B1-96F4-CADE5C5044EB.jpeg

I wonder if 16V Li-ion and AMD go hand in hand. Could be the extra power requirements needed for the AMD is handled by the more powerful 16V Li-ion. Could also be the reason that they won’t do the retrofits for the people with Intel.
Someone should start a new topic for this so it doesn't get lost.
Make be ask also exactly what they ordered as what color.?

New EDD this morning but of course I will be gone on work travel the majority of my new window...

Hopefully the Intel thing is all settled and mine will have all the new goodies.

Blue MYP, black interior, no tow, no FSD

Order date 10/28

10/28 EDD 12/15-12/21
10/31 EDD 1/28-2/28
11/7 EDD 12/15-12/21
11/14 EDD 1/15-2/12
12/12 EDD 2/5-3/5
2/6 EDD 2/21-3/21
2/16 EDD 3/1-3/11

Seems to go hand in hand, but I doubt it's due to the AMD requiring extra power. At the CPU/GPU level, the power is stepped down to ~1v either way, and actual PCs (which can be much more powerful then the Tesla carputers) do fine with 12v supplies.

I think more likely is that Tesla simply just planned to transition both around the same time, and they built the power regulation circuitry to expect ~16v. I don't think it's impossible for them to eventually create a retrofittable variant that would be compatible with the 12v system, but whether or not they'll bother is another matter.

Reactions: dburkland
Dates still 2/16-2/28. Lets keep our fingers crossed for a VIN in the morning! Gonna have to celebrate if I do LOL
Got mine at about 2 AM. VIN: F382 , of course the Estimated delivery is 2/18-2/22 and we are leaving on vacation today, LOL. I have them beat though as we get back late on Monday the 21st. Ha! So the 22nd it shall be.

Will be calling service center soon to see Amd or Intel.

Reactions: bsdx and LucysUAP
I asked to put my order on hold after receiving a F380XXX VIN (Intel) without specifying any date and they put it for 2 weeks by default:
UYuYV03.png
All I did was explain to my SA why I was releasing VIN (I wanted Ryzen!)
4 days later... new F382 VIN.
I was never assigned an SA with this order so all communication I’ve had has been with Tesla’s 1-800. They told me yesterday they’d put my order on hold until Friday to avoid getting assigned the same VIN. But my account hasn’t change, it doesn’t say hold or anything it still says “February 25- March 1st”