Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Possibly.

I'm not in a super rush to get it. Just annoyed with all the back and forth on time ranges on their end, but then they only give you a limited window for pickup.

I was planning to leave the country for several weeks in May but now what do I do? Come on Tesla.
I hear you. I’m in Indy as well and am sitting at an April 1-29 EDD now having bounced around all over March. We are entering travel soccer season for my kids and having the Y would have made this better than driving my Model 3 all over the midwest.

Reactions: tm3dlr and KRS1017
Picked up here in Vegas today, couple of small alignment issues with frunk, but overall great. NF383X and confirmed AMD and A/S tires. Got service appt for next week to fix those, also tint appt for weds! Gonna look like a storm trooper lol. Good luck to everyone still waiting

Attachments

• IMG_8030.JPG
    IMG_8030.JPG
    784.3 KB · Views: 87
Took delivery today. Ordered in November…
Schaumburg, IL
Red/white
Tow
Has: Ryzen, mudflaps, PPF, matrix headlights, heated wipers. Single pane rear glass. Yes, has carbon fiber spoiler.
NF372

I’m still a bit giggly, which is unusual for me. I’m not that kind of guy… Can’t believe it’s mine!
Now I’ve given it a proper wash and preparing to ceramic coat it.
Cheers everyone, hope all your cars come right when you want them!

Attachments

• B4B54718-F7AE-4BAD-852B-D3A91F17F045.jpeg
    B4B54718-F7AE-4BAD-852B-D3A91F17F045.jpeg
    596.2 KB · Views: 60
MYP white / black, no options
Houston, Texas
OD: 11/17/21
VIN assigned: 2/3/22
Delivery: 2/18/22
AMD, All Seasons

Update about the delivery experience:

Went to pick up the car right on-time (2:00pm), car was not ready for pick up despite getting the "ready for pick up" text.
"Fine, we will grab a bite and come back, no big deal."
3:00: "your vehicle is ready, come pick up"
Pulled up to the front and the car was sitting under the awning right in front, kind of a cool pick up spot.

Here is where the problems start.
Passenger side trunk / headlight alignment is way off, just looking at the car its completely lopsided. The person helping with delivery states "we knew that was there, but the alignment is within spec." I requested to speak to someone higher up, and a service tech came to examine the vehicle. The service tech also reported that the panel is within spec. Both the delivery person and the service person said that I can reject the car, or take delivery. An adjustment would incur a cost to me. I requested to speak with a manager who came back, noted the difference, and took the car to the service area for a "measurement."
Luckily, he came back with the car within 20 minutes and stated that the alignment was not in spec and the car would be repaired within a few days. I was given the option to take delivery from my phone and leave the car there for repairs (which I agreed to). I opened the Tesla app and attempted to accept delivery, however there was a system wide crash and delivery acceptance was not available. The manager was not able to override on their own computers, and stated that the entire state system had crashed.

I took the time to inspect the rest of the car:
Condensation in driver's side fog lamp
Rear driver's side interior panel was popping off

The manager then states that we can leave and accept delivery from our phones when the system comes back on. He promised to fix the above issues. I was able to accept delivery on my phone an hour later, but will have to pick up the car 2 days from now after repairs are completed. Finally left Tesla after 2 hours had passed.

Side note:
This is our third tesla. The 1st time I bought a model 3 in early 2019, a system wide crash occurred and I was unable to take delivery. This delayed our delivery by almost 3 hours and the delivery center stayed open well past their closing time.
The 2nd Tesla was a model Y LR, had screen flickering when I took delivery. I brought this to the attention of the delivery employee who shrugged it off claiming "recalibration within 60 miles." The screen shut off completely on the drive home and I had to tow the car for repair.
3/3 Teslas with significant issues on delivery.

TLDR:
Multiple issues with MYP delivery, promised to fix issues after being initially denied by 2 employees. Persistence paid off in this case. Repairs and pick up within 2 days.

Reactions: bsdx and ALSET1680
Houston, Texas
AMD, All Seasons

Went to pick up the car right on-time (2:00pm), car was not ready for pick up despite getting the "ready for pick up" text.
Pulled up to the front and the car was sitting under the awning right in front, kind of a cool pick up spot.

Passenger side trunk / headlight alignment is way off, just looking at the car its completely lopsided. The person helping with delivery states "we knew that was there, but the alignment is within spec." I requested to speak to someone higher up, and a service tech came to examine the vehicle. The service tech also reported that the panel is within spec. Both the delivery person and the service person said that I can reject the car, or take delivery. An adjustment would incur a cost to me. I requested to speak with a manager who came back, noted the difference, and took the car to the service area for a "measurement."
Luckily, he came back with the car within 20 minutes and stated that the alignment was not in spec and the car would be repaired within a few days. I was given the option to take delivery from my phone and leave the car there for repairs (which I agreed to). I opened the Tesla app and attempted to accept delivery, however there was a system wide crash and delivery acceptance was not available. The manager was not able to override on their own computers, and stated that the entire state system had crashed.

The manager then states that we can leave and accept delivery from our phones when the system comes back on. He promised to fix the above issues. I was able to accept delivery on my phone an hour later, but will have to pick up the car 2 days from now after repairs are completed. Finally left Tesla after 2 hours had passed.

Side note:
This is our third tesla. The 1st time I bought a model 3 in early 2019, a system wide crash occurred and I was unable to take delivery. This delayed our delivery by almost 3 hours and the delivery center stayed open well past their closing time.
The 2nd Tesla was a model Y LR, had screen flickering when I took delivery. I brought this to the attention of the delivery employee who shrugged it off claiming "recalibration within 60 miles." The screen shut off completely on the drive home and I had to tow the car for repair.

TLDR:
Multiple issues with MYP delivery, promised to fix issues after being initially denied by 2 employees. Persistence paid off in this case. Repairs and pick up within 2 days.
I sure hope it all works out for you, your more patient than I would have been. This 'within spec' nonsense I keep hearing just turns me off and to hear it at the location I will be picking up at is disappointing as well.

I sure hope it all works out for you, your more patient than I would have been. This 'within spec' nonsense I keep hearing just turns me off and to hear it at the location I will be picking up at is disappointing as well.

My patience was definitely being tested, but I deal with patients daily so my patience is probably in a high percentile.

I find it better to keep cool and speak respectfully but with a stern attitude. The delivery employee said that this was one of the worst deliveries she had experienced and thanked me for being nice about it. Luckily I was able to plead my case with the manager, Matt, who took the time to consider my complaints.

An update:
I got an email from Tesla stating that my car was now in service—-in DALLAS. I figured this was a glitch and I ignored it. I got a call from another employee (he promised to call) and he confirmed that I took delivery on my phone. I brought up the Dallas glitch, and he promptly took care of it. I got an updated email stating Houston. My car now shows in the app as “In service.”

2/3 teslas in service on delivery day (for significant issues, nothing picky)

My patience was definitely being tested, but I deal with patients daily so my patience is probably in a high percentile.

I find it better to keep cool and speak respectfully but with a stern attitude. The delivery employee said that this was one of the worst deliveries she had experienced and thanked me for being nice about it. Luckily I was able to plead my case with the manager, Matt, who took the time to consider my complaints.

An update:
I got an email from Tesla stating that my car was now in service—-in DALLAS. I figured this was a glitch and I ignored it. I got a call from another employee (he promised to call) and he confirmed that I took delivery on my phone. I brought up the Dallas glitch, and he promptly took care of it. I got an updated email stating Houston. My car now shows in the app as “In service.”

2/3 teslas in service on delivery day (for significant issues, nothing picky)
fortunately I am not in a 'patient facing' role.....

Houston, Texas
AMD, All Seasons

Side note:

TLDR:
Wow im in Houston as well. Was really hoping these quality issues had been resolved. I sure hope when delivery day comes for me that the quality issues wont be there. Which service center did you pick it up at? If you don't mind me asking what vin do you have F3**? At least glad you have the AMD.

I wish someone would answer this, I've been wondering as well. I know that when I ordered it was supposed to come with one, or at least it was certainly in the image. I'd be okay if they provided it after the fact, but to just get robbed of it? No, not okay.
Does the MYP still come with a carbon fiber spoiler? It’s not listed on the Tesla website
Yes! Picked up my MYP B/W with AMD and Pirelli tires yesterday afternoon and the spoiler was on there. Looks great!

Reactions: Stook02ss
Keep us posted! I put mine on hold also on 2/16 due to being assigned 377 in Northern Virginia. I was planning to wait until 3/1 before taking off hold in hopes of this seemingly small batch of VINs got the old *sugar*.
Yes please. keep us posted.
I am waiting as well. I put mine on hold on 2/10 in ATL after being assigned a 376 (intel). The Tesla SA put a 30 day hold till March 9. I am watching to see if I should release early or wait till first week in March at least. I also dont want to go far back if suddenly a lot of folks start ordering MYPs now that Austin rollouts seem imminent. This is crazy and feels like timing the market 😁 It is encouraging that most people are getting AMD Ryzen chips now, but every now and then there are those who get matched for a 2nd time with an intel chip.

---------------------------------------
OD 1/12 MYP W/B no tow no fsd. Original EDD 3/4-3/29, VIN assigned 2/9 376xxx =rejected and placed on hold.

Yes please. keep us posted.
I am waiting as well. I put mine on hold on 2/10 in ATL after being assigned a 376 (intel). The Tesla SA put a 30 day hold till March 9. I am watching to see if I should release early or wait till first week in March at least. I also dont want to go far back if suddenly a lot of folks start ordering MYPs now that Austin rollouts seem imminent. This is crazy and feels like timing the market 😁 It is encouraging that most people are getting AMD Ryzen chips now, but every now and then there are those who get matched for a 2nd time with an intel chip.

---------------------------------------
OD 1/12 MYP W/B no tow no fsd. Original EDD 3/4-3/29, VIN assigned 2/9 376xxx =rejected and placed on hold.
Same situation as you and I'm in ATL as well. I do have a slightly different config but I'd release the hold on the order as we start to see new VIN assignments to the Southeast. Tuesday & Wednesday is typically that sweet time period.

Reactions: cbrown
Wow im in Houston as well. Was really hoping these quality issues had been resolved. I sure hope when delivery day comes for me that the quality issues wont be there. Which service center did you pick it up at? If you don't mind me asking what vin do you have F3**? At least glad you have the AMD.

Westheimer. F374xxx.

I would definitely do the entire delivery checklist. They had a showroom model y where the same panel was slightly mal-aligned, but not as bad as my y.