Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How do you get a notification for the VIN? Is it a text?
I did get a text but they usually email it to you. I also religiously check the delivery page but that's just me lol. You should see a text like this:
52B72AB7-C9A5-43F2-8371-85AF141A6076.jpeg

Interesting that I got a newer VIN than you but you ordered later. Tesla's delivery setup is so out of whack.
Tesla VINs are not perfectly sequential. Sometimes we see lower vin numbers coming after higher vin numbers. My guess is Tesla assigns VINs in the beginning of assembly and then splits cars into multiple assembly lines. This mixes up the vin numbers.
It looks like your VIN is 391 and his is 390. Not far off.

Tesla VINs are not perfectly sequential. Sometimes we see lower vin numbers coming after higher vin numbers. My guess is Tesla assigns VINs in the beginning of assembly and then splits cars into multiple assembly lines. This mixes up the vin numbers.
It looks like your VIN is 391 and his is 390. Not far off.
This is correct, the VIN is assigned at the beginning of production.

Reactions: WyomingEV
youre in the borderline West zone, other regions take priority vs west. You will probably be one of the late Q1 pushes
I have no doubt that’s the explanation. It’s just not a good one (my anger is not directed at you). Twice now I’ve been in my EDD window with an SA telling me “we can see your exact dates. The car is scheduled to be built 3 days from now. You’ll have it within a week.” The first time they told me I was safe to sell my car and get my financing lined up. I did that. Now, no car and a small hit to my credit for the credit pull.

If sticking it to us western folk is their strategy they should be upfront about it. I think for me it’s a combination of west and blue paint.

No matter how good the car is and how good after purchase service is or is not, how they handle the customer with wildly fluctuating EDDs and repeatedly incorrect direct information just amounts to poor customer service in this aspect of ownership.

Ordered 12/14 and I’m kind of ready to have my GD car now. And I know others have been waiting longer. Tesla don’t care about no order date. Order a month later and get it a month earlier. Ready for there to be real competition in this space.
Did you complete your profile? Place any holds? I was able to snag an inventory vehicle and my ordered vehicle still will arrive around the same time. With a 12/14 order date your original EDD was what, March?