Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my delivery text this morning. It's a home delivery. Does anyone have experience with this? Will I have time to do the full checklist before accepting delivery?

I had home delivery for my MY LR and went to delivery center for my MYP. I went through the full checklist for the MY LR, but felt rushed because the delivery driver was standing there waiting for me. When I went in person for the MYP, I felt more comfortable taking my time going through the checklist.

Reactions: SomeGuyInHTown
Just got VIN'd about 1 hour ago (389XXX), Yahoo! EDD this morning was 2/24-3/22 then bam. Confirmed with Tesla Support over the phone it has AMD Ryzen, Li-ion battery, and All-season tires. EDD now 2/22-2/27 and was told it will arrive at the Tesla Center tomorrow (1 mile from my house).
Update after delivery of VIN 389XXX to my home in Bellevue, WA Friday 2/25. Car was made 2/21. Has:

-AMD
-Li-Ion 12v
-Needs the 2022.45 software update but I saw the heated wiper park through frunk.
-A/S tires
-Rear PPF
-Rear spoiler
-Front mud flaps

Did have a few extremely tiny things I put in service for on the initial day for cosmetic. FYI earliest app was March 28th.

Reactions: bsdx and tm3dlr
My VIN 391XXX is supposed to be delivered this afternoon! For all those in the SF Bay Area, I'd recommend selecting a pickup from a service center OTHER than the Fremont factory. They were not pleasant to work with and my SA had warned me. She recommended Colma, but made a mistake and forgot to update my order, so I was stuck with Fremont. They booked my first appointment (on their own, I didn't get to select anything) and then re-scheduled it 3 times (never notifying me) with little/no communication.

My VIN 391XXX is supposed to be delivered this afternoon! For all those in the SF Bay Area, I'd recommend selecting a pickup from a service center OTHER than the Fremont factory. They were not pleasant to work with and my SA had warned me. She recommended Colma, but made a mistake and forgot to update my order, so I was stuck with Fremont. They booked my first appointment (on their own, I didn't get to select anything) and then re-scheduled it 3 times (never notifying me) with little/no communication.
Yikes

Is it just me or does it feel like the last couple days nobody has been getting MYP VIN’d from Fremont. I wonder if they’re retooling the GA lines??
I wouldn't be surprised. I also have a MYLR 1/11 OD that said June-July for the longest time (which aligned with what it said when I placed the order). Then about a week ago it updated to December and hasn't moved since. That's a big difference, but with Austin presumably shipping soon, they can cover most of the US and will just have to force the SF Bay Area folks to wait until Fremont comes back online.

It sounds like you’re stuck in some system glitch, that’s wild to go from 1 date, to another, back to original, back to the

It sounds like you’re stuck in some system glitch, that’s wild to go from 1 date, to another, back to original, back to the other!
I don't get it. Still April today, New orders are getting april EDD.

Reactions: KRS1017
We finally have some movement! The “2nd day EDD theory” is true! EDD moved from 2/27-3/27 to 3/15-3/31. Hoping it actually means we’ll get VIN’d soon and that date moves up!
Nice!

I was excited when mine jumped a month earlier. However, I just found out my PPF installer is booked until April 11... So now I'm kind of hoping it's later rather then sooner.

Nice!

I was excited when mine jumped a month earlier. However, I just found out my PPF installer is booked until April 11... So now I'm kind of hoping it's later rather then sooner.
I’m hoping that PPF trick works that I’ve seen (where people just ask at the delivery and they do it)! If not, I’ll have to find someone also. Picking up in Council Bluffs, IA now. Hoping to get a great VIN!

I’m hoping that PPF trick works that I’ve seen (where people just ask at the delivery and they do it)! If not, I’ll have to find someone also. Picking up in Council Bluffs, IA now. Hoping to get a great VIN!
I'm borderline on getting the flaps and PPF from what I'm reading. But I live in the country and the roads are always covered in dirt / stones so I plan to get the whole front of the car / rockers done anyway. I'll also likely buy a set of RallyArmor Flaps as well as they've worked out great for my M3P

I'm borderline on getting the flaps and PPF from what I'm reading. But I live in the country and the roads are always covered in dirt / stones so I plan to get the whole front of the car / rockers done anyway. I'll also likely buy a set of RallyArmor Flaps as well as they've worked out great for my M3P
For anyone in the HTX area, do you plan on getting PPF on just the front? torn on if I should get it done (will apply ceramic coating though regardless of my decision)

Reactions: ALSET1680
Random question I was thinking about (and might be a dumb one) - Would the AS Michelin tires make for a smoother ride at all compared to the Pirelli’s? I know they’re obviously the same size, but maybe the AS’ have something different to them?

Random question I was thinking about (and might be a dumb one) - Would the AS Michelin tires make for a smoother ride at all compared to the Pirelli’s? I know they’re obviously the same size, but maybe the AS’ have something different to them?
Yes, they are noticeably smoother IMO. I have driven both and you can tell the difference. Performance tires are purposefully made to be "harder", which is also why they don't function well in < 40 degrees F.

Don't get me wrong, the A/S aren't going to turn your MYP into a Mercedes. But it is better than the Pirellis.