Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Inventory long range or new performance

Hi, so I had ordered a Model Y performance. It wasn’t scheduled to arrive till June, I saw a long range inventory car with 800 miles pop up and took it. I’ve got a delivery appointment for the inventory car on Friday, yesterday I got a VIN for the performance and an EDD of March 28-31. Can’t decide which one to take, I would of course love the performance but monthly payment would be higher and the only difference is 0-60 along with harder suspension. On the other hand it has 15 miles vs 800 on it and is the performance. What do you guys recommend, is there a noticeable difference between the two (inventory car vs new, not long range to performance). They both have AMD and are white on white.

Reactions: ink124
Inventory long range or new performance

Hi, so I had ordered a Model Y performance. It wasn’t scheduled to arrive till June, I saw a long range inventory car with 800 miles pop up and took it. I’ve got a delivery appointment for the inventory car on Friday, yesterday I got a VIN for the performance and an EDD of March 28-31. Can’t decide which one to take, I would of course love the performance but monthly payment would be higher and the only difference is 0-60 along with harder suspension. On the other hand it has 15 miles vs 800 on it and is the performance. What do you guys recommend, is there a noticeable difference between the two (inventory car vs new, not long range to performance). They both have AMD and are white on white.
Why did you go with MYP in the first place? If it was for performance you might wish you had waited. I had a 2020 MYLR and in January got a 2022 MYP. I love the MYP. The difference between the 2 is noticable.

Reactions: KRS1017
I had ordered the performance because the EDD was sooner than the LR. Mainly looking to know if the difference between new and inventory is noticeable.
The LR is most likely a demo, so take that for what it's worth, most likely not driven by testers with as much care as you the owner would drive it. Also if you take an inventory unit, are you paying the new prices or the price you locked in when you originally ordered, that could make a different as well?

The LR is most likely a demo, so take that for what it's worth, most likely not driven by testers with as much care as you the owner would drive it. Also if you take an inventory unit, are you paying the new prices or the price you locked in when you originally ordered, that could make a different as well?
I’m paying the price of when I locked it in, same for the performance.

Just reporting in for the last time to this thread. Home delivery took place earlier today, everything was really great, couldn't be happier. I wish everyone luck with their orders.
Being in houston, curious if you had any small defects with home delivery enough to schedule a fix? Or was everything 100% up to par? how much time did you thoroughly check the car when they delivered