Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve been lurking on these forums long enough that I have a pretty good mental checklist. I did take a look at the GitHub one before going. Can be found by googling but let me know if you can’t find it.

I looked at every part of the interior and exterior in detail as well as under the front bumper and rear bumpers. I paid close attention to the paint, the edges of the door and body panels and looked for uneven gaps. Here are some pics of the issues I found.

List of issues in the pics:
1. Fog light is not flush with the bumper. There’s a gap large enough at the point that you can fit the tip of your pinky in. Also, the other fog light is better aligned.
2. The matte black window trim on both sides was stained with some overspray that denatured alcohol could not remove.
3. The matte black window trim near the hatch was scraped down to the bright colored aluminum it’s made of.
4. Front edge of passenger door panel has 2 small paint chips and a scrape. Only way this seems possible is that it was hit during assembly.
What your your vin series. I'm taking delivery tomorrow. (Hopefully)

Question; does Tesla have a grace period to allow you to let them know of anything you find after you take possession? Meaning, I live 4 hours or so away from where I’m picking mine up next Friday, and I’d love to be able to get home and do the GitHub checklist on my own rather than in person taking forever to take possession lol.

If you're paying with a loan, be happy you can roll the tax in. They don't give us that option in Texas. I have to take the registration paperwork to the local tax office and then they ask for $5K!
Wait is that true? So if I'm financing through Tesla, I put the downpayment AND an extra $5K for registration?? They never did this to me with my Model S when I got it a few years back, nor with my brother's Model 3.

Reactions: Sindar27
Wait is that true? So if I'm financing through Tesla, I put the downpayment AND an extra $5K for registration?? They never did this to me with my Model S when I got it a few years back, nor with my brother's Model 3.
It must change depending on how you finance. I had a third party loan for my first Tesla in 2019 and I'm doing the same for my upcoming MYP. It must be different if you're financing through Tesla. They're giving me $50K for my '19 M3LR, so my tax liability for my MYP will only be 6.25% of $16K.

It must change depending on how you finance. I had a third party loan for my first Tesla in 2019 and I'm doing the same for my upcoming MYP. It must be different if you're financing through Tesla. They're giving me $50K for my '19 M3LR, so my tax liability for my MYP will only be 6.25% of $16K.
Hi Sindar 27,

If we finance thru third party, do they cover the sales tax as well?

4C31CAF9-0BD9-43BC-A80C-9668C233BF7E.jpeg

Took delivery yesterday. Thank you to everyone in this thread for your tips and updates!

My delivery was reasonably smooth. Was nervous ahead of time because it took Tesla a little while to give me access to my purchase agreement to send to DCU.

Once I was FINALLY able to send the MVPA and get DCU on the phone, they sent a check over to Tesla. I was concerned that it might delay delivery because it was due to arrive the day after my scheduled delivery, but Tesla accepted an image of the check and tracking number.

Car looks and drives great. Paint is pristine. Did not have mud flaps or PPF upon delivery, but they put them on with no questions asked.

Some small gaps are present, but I’m not planning to have them addressed. The only thing I noticed after driving off the lot is my steering wheel is tilted 5 degrees to the right when going straight. I texted my SA and they said to schedule a service appt. Seems like a good system so far, hopefully it’s a simple fix.

Otherwise, it feels and drives like the future. Very happy with my purchase.