Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What is your take on the Blue exterior and white interior. I originally ordered MSM with Black and upgraded this week to White. Honestly I am so close to changing from MSM to Blue. The pics I have seen of the folks that have been blue and posting them have been so beautiful.
Walked in preferring MSM, but walked out with a Blue reservation. We were lucky to see one MSM and one Blue next to each other supercharging at the dealership, and decided on blue. Wife wanted to save the $1k lol but did agree the blue pops out a bit more. Very subjective, but I remember thinking blue looked a lot better with the performance stock wheels. Can't really go wrong with either one though.

tes.jpg

How common do we think this is?
My first trade in evaluation was borderline offensive, to the point that even the SA suggested to try Vroom/CarMax. But needless to say that if my trade in goes up a bit it may make sense for tax credit..
I did not try the tesla trade-in, but I pretty much got quoted from every place online (Vroom, carmax, carfax, KBB, etc). CarFax gave me the highest offer by a significant amount (they send the quote automatically to local dealerships, who would then call/email you in a flurry), sold my old car the next day. From experience, CarMax is reasonable too.

Not to take on any hate, but providing a CA EOQ rush data point:

MYP White, White Interior
No FSD, Tow Package
OD: 3/1/2022
EDD: Originally May-June, moved to March-April in the last week
VIN assigned 3/23, Delivery supposed to be today 3/25
VIN: F408xxx

Pickup: Fremont

Haven't bothered trying to confirm anything about Ryzen/Tires/etc., will just go and see what we get.
Damn that's crazy

Reactions: Deuce
Well everyone, my time has come! It came basically flawless, with the PPF and mud flaps installed! The only thing I noticed was a little bit of a gap in one of the side trunk panels, but not too noticeable and isn’t anything that bad.

Biggest takeaways;
-Compared to my old M3SR+, the ride quality is actually night and day! Even as this being a performance, it just handles perfect. Do you feel some bumps? Yes, it’s a performance vehicle, but rides SO MUCH nicer than the M3SR+. Smooth as hell actually for what I was expecting.
-Audio in this thing is TOP NOTCH with the subwoofer. Love it!
-The AMD Ryzen chip is outstanding!! Where I noticed it most compared to the old Intel are the cameras, refresh rate almost of the entire screen, map scrolling, and all around performance being faster.
-Mine is already showing the heated wipers, but still have an update to do when I’m home in WiFi!
-It’s worth the wait for one of these to the moon and back!!!!

Thank you all for the wonderful couple months! You all definitely made the wait way better! :)
FA5A7637-5B5F-45EF-92CB-08BBAC8CF0D1.jpeg

Walked in preferring MSM, but walked out with a Blue reservation. We were lucky to see one MSM and one Blue next to each other supercharging at the dealership, and decided on blue. Wife wanted to save the $1k lol but did agree the blue pops out a bit more. Very subjective, but I remember thinking blue looked a lot better with the performance stock wheels. Can't really go wrong with either one though.

View attachment 785881
That sure looks GREAT!

Not to take on any hate, but providing a CA EOQ rush data point:

MYP White, White Interior
No FSD, Tow Package
OD: 3/1/2022
EDD: Originally May-June, moved to March-April in the last week
VIN assigned 3/23, Delivery supposed to be today 3/25
VIN: F408xxx

Pickup: Fremont

Haven't bothered trying to confirm anything about Ryzen/Tires/etc., will just go and see what we get.
Report: pick up was at 2PM today, they sent a text at 1:30 saying it was delayed until 7PM - then at 4PM sent another text saying it was ready.

Car is great - few small misalignments but lightyears better than my Model 3 2018. the NVH is tremendously better - my son and I both thought it was just as quiet as our XC90 at 80mph. Fremont factory was way too crowded from regular workers leaving etc. on a Friday afternoon.

The car does have the Ryzen chip, but ended up with the Pirelli summer tires - will be great over the next few months but was hoping for A/S. It seemed 50/50 for MYP in the lot on what they had.

1648270095469.png

How common do we think this is?
My first trade in evaluation was borderline offensive, to the point that even the SA suggested to try Vroom/CarMax. But needless to say that if my trade in goes up a bit it may make sense for tax credit..
Mine went down 4,000 one week before delivery even though the trade deadline expired 3 days before delivery they refused to extend it and where basically a-holes about the hole thing telling me that i should take the week to go sell the car privately if I was unhappy with their offer and to either take it or leave it.

Report: pick up was at 2PM today, they sent a text at 1:30 saying it was delayed until 7PM - then at 4PM sent another text saying it was ready.

Car is great - few small misalignments but lightyears better than my Model 3 2018. the NVH is tremendously better - my son and I both thought it was just as quiet as our XC90 at 80mph. Fremont factory was way too crowded from regular workers leaving etc. on a Friday afternoon.

The car does have the Ryzen chip, but ended up with the Pirelli summer tires - will be great over the next few months but was hoping for A/S. It seemed 50/50 for MYP in the lot on what they had.

View attachment 785985
I dont blame you for picking up at the factory. With the end of quarter push and your ability to pick up without them having to ship certainly help you get your vehicle much faster than all of us.... ENJOY! It's a PRETTY vehicle. I just changed my MSM MYP to white interior. It will probably push me back rather than forward but I have fallen for the white. Now I just go back and forth over the MSM and BLUE. Hope I get a VIN soon to put me out of my misery there. LOL

Reactions: JPW33
First, those are not customer cars, don't believe the hype machine.

Second, there have been 0 sightings of MYP at Austin, period, just Blue and Black AWD with Gemini or Induction wheels. And no word on what type of batteries are being installed in the first batch of cars other than various Tesla people saying they are only doing structural 4680 packs at Austin. No word on chemistry or anything.

No one with a current order (LR or MYP) is going to have their order fulfilled from Austin. Austin appears to be only making one model and that model is different than what is currently being produced based on the EPA submissions. Maybe they switch after using this Mid Range model to test manufacturing and get things within tolerance but maybe this is what they will do to ease the load on batteries and Fremont production.
Not really an issue, if it's a waiting game, just tear up the $250 and reorder the MYP that you want. What matters is knowing what you can expect for or your $75000. Everybody here has $250 F you money!