Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'll throw my hat in the ring.

MYP, White Exterior, Black Interior, No FSD, Now Tow Hitch
Order Date: 2/14/2022
Original Estimated Delivery: April 8 - May 6
Updated Delivery Date: March 23 - April 6
VIN Assigned: March 28
Delivery Text: March 28
Delivery Date March 30

Goodies: AMD, Lithium Battery, All Season.
Not included: Structural Battery :( oh well.

I had a NIGHTMARE with my app not letting me e-sign so they delivered to my house against my wished to deliver to a delivery center. They ended up needing to bypass the delivery and I went into the delivery center anyway to sign my DMV paperwork.

Honestly, given Teslas track record, I’d much rather get the current battery pack and let the structural battery pack work out for a year or so.

It would be really nice to get a structural battery pack with a crazy amount of storage capacity, but initially all they’re gonna do is make it to save storage capacity’s whats currently being provided.

I went into to my closest store this evening to figure out what’s going on with my EDD. I ordered 2/17 and had various dates ranging from mid March to end of March to mid April to now 4/30-6/4.

The SA looked up my account and saw a build date of 4/27 with a delivery to my area on 5/7. He believes the build date will be more firm than what I see on my account, but we will see. At least I was able to see my account on the back end.

Reactions: sgtdan
Thanks so much for the reply but I have no idea what you said. My fault, not yours! I'm not very well versed in the electrical stuff.

Can you tell me in simple terms what i need to do to add another charging cable to my single plug outlet?
If your trying to run 2 cables on a single outlet by splitting the outlet... The answer is No, you can not do it. It would require you to upgrade the wire size thickness and circuit breaker. Not worth it... Just run another outlet at least 60amp 220v/240v breaker with at least a 6 gauge wire. I personally would size it up for the future! That's what I did! Planning ahead for the Ford Lightning! I thought you where going to use the 1 existing cable to charge both cars by alternating vehicles after each one completed its charge. If you used 2 chargers on a single circuit with a wire size too small, your looking at melted wires, possibly a fire, and if your lucky a breaker that just keeps tripping... If you don't understand electricity you shouldn't mess around in the electrical box! Touch one of the high voltage power wires connected to the large bolts in there, and a ground or neutral. Your dead, or if lucky, a shockingly strong jolt with some burnt fillings in your mouth. Your life is worth more than the couple hundred bucks you save! Watch some U-tube videos. Its relatively easy, but know that just because you turn the main power off, doesn't mean that all the power is off. The only way that the power inside the breaker box is off is if the meter is removed! Touch a power wire and a ground wire and your going to have a shocking experience!

I was supposed to have a hold until 4/2 as well and my hold was removed overnight as well. I don't think it's for the EoQ rush because there is no way they could release the hold last night and expect to be assigned a vin and deliver today. With that being said, I'm not sure why the holds were released early.
thanks. good to know I am not the only one. FWIW I still dont have an EDD. Just a TBD and your delivery date will be coming soon...

If your trying to run 2 cables on a single outlet by splitting the outlet... The answer is No, you can not do it. It would require you to upgrade the wire size thickness and circuit breaker. Not worth it... Just run another outlet at least 60amp 220v/240v breaker with at least a 6 gauge wire. I personally would size it up for the future! That's what I did! Planning ahead for the Ford Lightning! I thought you where going to use the 1 existing cable to charge both cars by alternating vehicles after each one completed its charge. If you used 2 chargers on a single circuit with a wire size too small, your looking at melted wires, possibly a fire, and if your lucky a breaker that just keeps tripping... If you don't understand electricity you shouldn't mess around in the electrical box! Touch one of the high voltage power wires connected to the large bolts in there, and a ground or neutral. Your dead, or if lucky, a shockingly strong jolt with some burnt fillings in your mouth. Your life is worth more than the couple hundred bucks you save! Watch some U-tube videos. Its relatively easy, but know that just because you turn the main power off, doesn't mean that all the power is off. The only way that the power inside the breaker box is off is if the meter is removed! Touch a power wire and a ground wire and your going to have a shocking experience!
There are some smart splitters available that can take the power of a 50 or 60 amp circuit and split it. Some chargers can also have 2 cords on them, but they have to be designed for dual cords. In theory the Tesla wall charger says it can do dual charging, and grizzl-e has a dual model. See the power sharing section below…Wall Connector
9A11BE3A-920C-4D83-9622-36F9E1BE6504.png

My neighbor has just taken delivery of a brand new MX, it's a endless collection of issues, gaps and disappointment.... microphone not working, seats not folding...it got me truly worried......:(
Model Y was the same way when it first came out. In 2 years of production, they have worked out almost all of the kinks.
Since the MX and MS are redesigns they will have the same “new model” issues. Your MY should be good to go.

Reactions: SWIPE and advocate8
Model Y was the same way when it first came out. In 2 years of production, they have worked out almost all of the kinks.
Since the MX and MS are redesigns they will have the same “new model” issues. Your MY should be good to go.
Thank you!
It is still a bummer to see a 100k+ car with the build quality totally off. This friend of mine was so upset....he had the X parked near his G Wag and was comparing the two Quality Control wise..