Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's the key phrase. Those who originally chose MYP are in a different boat. Don't get me wrong, I don't blame the swappers. If I could work the system to get my car, I would. And from a fairness standpoint, swappers have mostly been waiting the longest for a car.

Many who swap get a VIN immediately. Some wait longer but fact is, these are mostly original MYP orders getting diverted. This means that over and over again, when your original MYP configuration is produced, it gets diverted to someone who swapped. This means you get bumped back over and over again resulting in much longer delivery time than originally suggested.

For many original MYP orders, the sooner delivery of an MYP is an illusion.

I didn't order to get a sooner delivery. I ordered exactly the car I wanted to begin with and have no reason the change anything. So, I still expect many more months of waiting. Would be good to be wrong though...

Yep, precisely. This loophole is probably delaying "original" MYP orders by 4-6 weeks at minimum. Even if you get a VIN, there is a possibility that it gets usurped by someone with an older LR order that decided to switch.

OD: 3/4/22
MYP Red / Black Interior / 5 Seat / +Tow / +FSD
1st EDD: 3/25 - 4/10 (they even called and texted me to start prepping for delivery a few days before the 25th even with no VIN)
2nd EDD: 4/11 - 5/1
3rd EDD: 5/10 - 6/14
4th EDD: 5/4 - 5/18
5th EDD: 6/6 - 7/11
6th EDD: 5/11 - 5/25
7th EDD: 6/13 - 7/18

I am so sick of these LR -> P swappers taking priority, if you change your mind you need to go to the back of the line. The VIN assignment algorithm is just broken and the insane demand is exacerbating this fact. I have seen people with my exact build get a VIN one week after swapping and I just get kicked down the line because of them.

That's the key phrase. Those who originally chose MYP are in a different boat. Don't get me wrong, I don't blame the swappers. If I could work the system to get my car, I would. And from a fairness standpoint, swappers have mostly been waiting the longest for a car.

Many who swap get a VIN immediately. Some wait longer but fact is, these are mostly original MYP orders getting diverted. This means that over and over again, when your original MYP configuration is produced, it gets diverted to someone who swapped. This means you get bumped back over and over again resulting in much longer delivery time than originally suggested.

For many original MYP orders, the sooner delivery of an MYP is an illusion.

I didn't order to get a sooner delivery. I ordered exactly the car I wanted to begin with and have no reason the change anything. So, I still expect many more months of waiting. Would be good to be wrong though...
Except it's not really fair at all. I had sold my car because they had told me delivery was imminent. Now we're here 3 months later with no car in sight. They need to go to the back of the queue for P orders in this case. It is in no way our fault they changed their minds.

Except it's not really fair at all. I had sold my car because they had told me delivery was imminent. Now we're here 3 months later with no car in sight. They need to go to the back of the queue for P orders in this case. It is in no way our fault they changed their minds.
I’m 50/50 on it but the one thing I would compare it to and makes me think it’s not fair.

If you were in a line at a stadium that was specifically for food and then you realized you wanted beer and were in the wrong line. You can’t just jump to the front of the beer line because “you’ve been waiting for something for awhile”. Your invested wait time doesn’t transfer to other lines.

Yep, precisely. This loophole is probably delaying "original" MYP orders by 4-6 weeks at minimum. Even if you get a VIN, there is a possibility that it gets usurped by someone with an older LR order that decided to switch.
Which is kind of ridiculous. I don't have a leg to stand on because I've only been waiting ~2 weeks, but the people who originally ordered MYP's months ago and have nothing for the foreseeable future when others swapped just to get theirs sooner and surpassed them doesn't sit well at all.

Reactions: illumin8ed
Which is kind of ridiculous. I don't have a leg to stand on because I've only been waiting ~2 weeks, but the people who originally ordered MYP's months ago and have nothing for the foreseeable future when others swapped just to get theirs sooner and surpassed them doesn't sit well at all.

Don't worry, the people that are switching will be the same ones endlessly complaining about the "bumpy" ride in the Performance while we are still waiting for VINs :rolleyes:

1st EDD: 3/25 - 4/10 (they even called and texted me to start prepping for delivery a few days before the 25th even with no VIN)

I am so sick of these LR -> P swappers taking priority, if you change your mind you need to go to the back of the line. The VIN assignment algorithm is just broken and the insane demand is exacerbating this fact. I have seen people with my exact build get a VIN one week after swapping and I just get kicked down the line because of them.
Nope. Someone who got in line before you did should get their car before you (all other things equal, which they aren’t due to logistics, supply chain, etc.). Ever change your mind about what you were going to order while you were in line?

They need to go to the back of the queue for P orders
I agree with that but I don't know if there even is a queue. But, it's not the swappers fault, Tesla is doing this and frustrated customers are just making use of it. I have also been told my delivery was upcoming. Not. Luckily I am not financing. It's costing some folks big time as financing expires and rates rise. But still frustrated having been bumped back months to beyond the end of the 'queue' at one point and entered my EDD three times. Not alone here.

But we are all Tesla family now eh? Just a little sibling rivalry....

If we hang in there, we will get our cars eventually. I still feel privileged to be able to get one. Just want a good specimen after all this.

Reactions: heymanhn and MYPDBM
Nope. Someone who got in line before you did should get their car before you (all other things equal, which they aren’t due to logistics, supply chain, etc.). Ever change your mind about what you were going to order while you were in line?
It's more like changing lines entirely and being like "I have been waiting longer so I need to cut in front of you." It's like the FSD debacle all over again.

Reactions: Otrori

This kind of movement is insane... you should have gotten yours already

Reactions: bradbrok