Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Winning Guy,

So, the SC Camarillo, called me that my car would be ready for pick-up Wednesday, I told them do not wash it as it was going straight to get PPFd, and they will review the car and will report back any findings, a few minutes later they called me back and found a chip and a small dent. Rather than having me pick it up, they now are sending it out to get fixed, which pushed my pick-up to Wednesday of next week.

Be sure to go over your car thoroughly, or get someone professional to review it, as I am doing.

-Robert
Thanks for the heads up.

I wonder if they'd let me just fill out a Due Bill if there are chips so that I can bring it back at another time.

Thanks for the heads up.

I wonder if they'd let me just fill out a Due Bill if there are chips so that I can bring it back at another time.
You're welcome.

From what the SA told me, once we take possession, we do have 3 days or 100 miles, whichever comes first if we find any paint issues. If you do find something, I was told you can report it and document it with your app on your phone, and you can schedule to have it corrected.

Reactions: Winning Guy
A big reason I didn't order a P in the first place was all the stuff I heard about the rough ride.

Test drove it and didn't see what the big deal was. But I guess it's because I look at it as a sports vehicle that just happens to be practical. I've never liked cushy feeling cars. I need information from the road.
It's not very nimble really so it doesn't handle like a sports car even though it transmits information from the road *more* analogous to one than a cushy floaty CUV. It does go like hell when you mash the right pedal, and handles smooth surfaces including curves with aplomb. Things start getting a little messier when the road is uneven so don't expect BMW M series SUV handling. You've probably already read most/all of this, just sharing a brief perspective after ~1100 miles and 1 month of fun.

The root problem is the EDD information. We rely on it as an accurate indicator of when we get our cars, but it's not.
There is no single root problem.

Problem one - ignoring the first word in "EDD", which is "estimate". Estimate means (according to Merriam Webster) - a rough or approximate calculation.

Problem two - ignoring the voluminous posts over the last 6+ months here, twitter, facebook, reddit, and whatever other digital watering holes Tesla buyers congregate conveying tale after tale of 4 week windows moving quite frequently.

Problem three - ignoring the admittedly small amount of data that's been compiled, here, in the order tracker spreadsheet thread pinned at the top. Pretty easy to watch dates push further and further out.

But hey it's nice to apply reductive logic to a complex problem with variables and info that literally nobody here knows, and encapsulate them into a two sentence post. After all, it's the internet, and we're all experts.

It's not very nimble really so it doesn't handle like a sports car even though it transmits information from the road *more* analogous to one than a cushy floaty CUV. It does go like hell when you mash the right pedal, and handles smooth surfaces including curves with aplomb. Things start getting a little messier when the road is uneven so don't expect BMW M series SUV handling. You've probably already read most/all of this, just sharing a brief perspective after ~1100 miles and 1 month of fun.
True. On the test drive, I definitely could feel the weight when turning, but was also happy with the lack of body roll. It was heavy, but planted.

I haven't tried it on bumpy roads, but have had cars with aftermarket stiff suspension combined with low profile tires before, so I think I know what to expect. Not pleasant, but hopefully a somewhat rare occurrence. I would wince more at the prospect of popping a tire than the bumpiness itself.

If it ends up being too much of an issue I'll switch the uberturbines with some 19s.

True. On the test drive, I definitely could feel the weight when turning, but was also happy with the lack of body roll. It was heavy, but planted.

I haven't tried it on bumpy roads, but have had cars with aftermarket stiff suspension combined with low profile tires before, so I think I know what to expect. Not pleasant, but hopefully a somewhat rare occurrence. I would wince more at the prospect of popping a tire than the bumpiness itself.

If it ends up being too much of an issue I'll switch the uberturbines with some 19s.
That's right, it does handle roll fine, but (I'm not a suspension expert) whatever is controlling rebound I think doesn't do such a hot job - it gets bouncy quite easily which starts making it feel a lot less planted when the corners in particular are uneven.

Over in the driving dynamics subforum there are lots of good threads regarding ways to help address, ranging from simple coil spring changes to an overhaul. I haven't hit the point where any of these feel necessary, and also have a set of take-off Gemini's (powder coated in black) to swap out to help lighten unsprung weight at the corners that are still sitting in the garage.

Good luck on your delivery day, hope the assembly and prep folks produced a good example for you!