Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
True. On the test drive, I definitely could feel the weight when turning, but was also happy with the lack of body roll. It was heavy, but planted.

I haven't tried it on bumpy roads, but have had cars with aftermarket stiff suspension combined with low profile tires before, so I think I know what to expect. Not pleasant, but hopefully a somewhat rare occurrence. I would wince more at the prospect of popping a tire than the bumpiness itself.

If it ends up being too much of an issue I'll switch the uberturbines with some 19s.
On my test drive a while back, I did notice that the ride was stiff, but since I have 2 sports cars that I drive to Cars and Coffee events, it did not bother me at all. Not saying it's everyone's cup of tea, but if you are accustomed to a Lexus ride, the MYP probably should not be your first choice.

That my MYP will come with Summer tires. Pirelli. Idk. Even one else get that response?
Yes, I got that response on March 5th. SA had no clue that MYP has had the AS tire option since December 2021. This is when I began to realize how uninformed the SAs are. Being in the NW, mine better come with the AS tires as most others arriving here have. Too bad you can't choose that before delivery rather than having to reject the car after it arrives. From reading here it seems tire type is a regional thing but sending an MYP to the NW with summer Pirellis would be a serious blunder. Texas? Not sure. Check and see what others have been getting there.

Yes, I got that response on March 5th. SA had no clue that MYP has had the AS tire option since December 2021. This is when I began to realize how uninformed the SAs are. Being in the NW, mine better come with the AS tires as most others arriving here have. Too bad you can't choose that before delivery rather than having to reject the car after it arrives. From reading here it seems tire type is a regional thing but sending an MYP to the NW with summer Pirellis would be a serious blunder. Texas? Not sure. Check and see what others have been getting there.
If Tesla are supply constrained on the Michelins and they can't completely swap over, it's at least encouraging to see them sending Pirellis to places like Texas. Fingers crossed your PacNorthWet MYP comes with the all seasons.

On my test drive a while back, I did notice that the ride was stiff, but since I have 2 sports cars that I drive to Cars and Coffee events, it did not bother me at all. Not saying it's everyone's cup of tea, but if you are accustomed to a Lexus ride, the MYP probably should not be your first choice.
When I read "if you're accustomed to a Lexus ride..." I was like, "no no no", then read the rest of the sentence. lol

Nothing against those that like a cushy ride. I had a Lexus for a while and was unhappy with it, while some friends liked it. I thought Id like it. The product itself was fine.