Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
stopped by the showroom to tell SA that I'd take any color combination.
Went to the nearby Polestar dealership to test drive and see what they have to offer.
30 mins later got a text that SA found me a car that was supposed to be a demo by never put into circulation,
since they don't like to do demo MYP and has 4 miles on it. Picking it up on Friday. 🤞
Pick her up. Flawless F415xxx VIN.

EDD still 5/23-6/06. No VIN. MYLR white, no FSD, trailer hitch. Order Date November 2021.

But....got my trade-in text today! I answered it yes, and then submitted my MS through my online account today. Would like to get a VIN so I can see if online or local dealers want to make me an offer.

Reactions: mikedjp
EDD still 5/23-6/06. No VIN. MYLR white, no FSD, trailer hitch. Order Date November 2021.

But....got my trade-in text today! I answered it yes, and then submitted my MS through my online account today. Would like to get a VIN so I can see if online or local dealers want to make me an offer.
It’s probably splitting hairs but I read to keep everything cash and no trade in until after VIN. Anyone know if it makes a difference to add trade in with the auto text or after VIN?

It’s probably splitting hairs but I read to keep everything cash and no trade in until after VIN. Anyone know if it makes a difference to add trade in with the auto text or after VIN?
I think the primary issue is that their trade in valuation is only good for 30 days, after which you need to keep on top of it to submit updated mileage for a new valuation. So, if your EDD is a while out, you could get in trouble and go into limbo if it expires. I think with that EDD range, it’s probably safe. We just submitted a trade in valuation request on our Ioniq for our MYP. Can always remove it if it’s not competitive.

It's obnoxious for someone to have a different opinion?

Apologies if you think I insulted you, that wasn’t the intention, although I disagree with your opinion. I liked your comment about lucky we all are to be having this conversation about who should get our $70k cars faster.

I’m going to try to make an analogy about the process and see if it works. Say you go to McDonalds and order a quarter pounder with cheese at 11:30 for an early lunch, the thing is quarter pounder demand is through the roof. There are already 10 qp orders in front of you. I go at noon after you’ve waited well beyond the estimated 15 minutes they said and opt for the more expensive super sized Big Mac meal and they tell me it will be it will be out in seven minutes. But then 5 minutes after that you change your mind and ask for the supersize Big Mac meal and boom they give it to you in two minutes (when they said mine would be ready) and tell me I need to wait nearly twice as long as they initially told me. Then half of the other people that placed quarter pounder orders also saw how it worked and were like I was cool with the less expensive quarter pounder but this wait is bullshit and I’m hungry and I can jump in front of that guy that ordered the Big Mac before I did. And they do.

The system is a little annoying and I find it hard to defend, but I didn’t mean to make a comment that could be interpreted as an insult.

Have a good weekend and I hope you enjoy the car.

It's cool of Tesla to give the order changers the old price when they don't have to. It's lame of them to push them in front of existing MYP orders. I kind of want to add a tow hitch to my existing MYP order (placed in February that I'm still waiting for) but am scared to risk getting bumped back. I don't blame LR switchers for taking advantage of the system, but the system is bullshit. It's obnoxious for anyone to say otherwise.
Pay the 1300 later. Don’t do it now. It may push you back.

Reactions: mikedjp