Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I cant wait just to hear from someone from Tesla lol. I never got a text from a SA when I ordered so I have no idea who mine is 🥹
Ha! yeah, mine ghosted me after my test drive. Didn't even realize I placed an order. Reached out again asking if I was interested in solar a few weeks
ago. I already had placed an order there too. Not sure what info they see on their end, but I think they're absolutely clueless. If I could afford the pay cut I'd take a job there just to see the inner workings of Tesla.

IMG_1187.jpeg

Ha! yeah, mine ghosted me after my test drive. Didn't even realize I placed an order. Reached out again asking if I was interested in solar a few weeks
ago. I already had placed an order there too. Not sure what info they see on their end, but I think they're absolutely clueless. If I could afford the pay cut I'd take a job there just to see the inner workings of Tesla.

View attachment 807128
Hahah yeah I don’t even think I received a text after I ordered online lol! Maybe I did and deleted it but don’t remember

That text message ("Have you reached a decision....") smacks of dealer sales practices/pressure. If you had responded "not yet", I wonder if they would lead off with "What would it take for you to order one today?" Sorry, but our buying experience years ago for the MS was so wonderful, ZERO sales pressure or questions, the car sold itself, it made me never want to back to a regular dealer. The model Y order last fall was almost as good, the sales advisors were nowhere as near professional or knowledgeable, but there was no sales pressure or followup sales text messages. Again the car sold itself. Just sayin'.....

Last edited:
Reactions: DesertEagle
That text message ("Have you reached a decision....") smacks of dealer sales practices/pressure. If you had responded "not yet", I wonder if they would lead off with "What would it take for you to order one today?" Sorry, but our buying experience years ago for the MS was so wonderful, ZERO sales pressure or questions, the car sold itself, it made me never want to back to a regular dealer. The model Y order last fall was almost as good, the sales advisors were nowhere as near professional or knowledgeable, but there was no sales pressure or followup sales text messages. Again the car sold itself. Just sayin'.....
Really one of the big reasons i only buy from Tesla now, so many horror stories with dealerships and hearing about the price gouging going on right now for EVs from Ford, GM, etc really turn me off

So happy to see that more LR to P switchers got their VINs today. I kind of like the idea of getting my car in 2023 now 😂
From what people have been saying and what it seems like; Tesla recognized the “glitch” and has properly placed them in the correct position in line with the other original P orders. They aren’t just bumping them to the front anymore.

Reactions: weathergeekdan
From what people have been saying and what it seems like; Tesla recognized the “glitch” and has properly placed them in the correct position in line with the other original P orders. They aren’t just bumping them to the front anymore.
I was bumped straight to the front after swapping on 4/25 (9/16/21 OD). Picked up my car on May 11th.

People aren’t being bumped to the front after swapping because there are swappers with even earlier ODs.

Where are you seeing this? Seems Tesla is still recognizing OD regardless of configuration.
I was bumped straight to the front after swapping on 4/25 (9/16/21 OD). Picked up my car on May 11th.

People aren’t being bumped to the front after swapping because there are swappers with even earlier ODs.
Not sure I fully understand your point but Tesla is recognizing your MYLR OD when switching to P, not the date you made the switch as a new OD (which I think is what you're saying). This is the frustration most MYP folks have and Tesla needs to address. Unfortunately I don't think they have any motivation to do so.

I think it is to Tesla's advantage to encourage folks to switch. Prioritizing MYP vehicles to those who switch allows them to keep all the original MYP orders on the books and convert older orders to higher margin vehicles, all of which probably translates to a higher take rate as well. The longer an order languishes I'd guess the lower the take rate.

At the end of the day whatever allows them to keep the maximum number of orders in the queue while also delivering the highest margin vehicles is what they will do.

Last edited:
Reactions: VegasMYP
Where are you seeing this? Seems Tesla is still recognizing OD regardless of configuration.

Not sure I fully understand what you're point but Tesla is recognizing your MYLR OD when switching to P, not the date you made the switch as a new OD (which is what I think you're saying). This is the frustration most MYP folks have and Tesla needs to address. Unfortunately I don't think they have any motivation to do so.

I think it is to Tesla's advantage to encourage folks to switch. Prioritizing MYP vehicles to those who switch allows them to keep all the original MYP orders on the books and convert older orders to higher margin vehicles, all of which probably translates to a higher take rate as well. The longer an order languishes I'd guess the lower the take rate.

At the end of the day whatever allows them to keep the maximum number of orders in the queue while also delivering the highest margin vehicles is what they will do.
Tesla has not “recognized any glitch” is my point.

MYP folks are frustrated because they thought they joined a different queue. And that swappers should join the back of the queue. But the two queues are one and the same.

What led you all to think the queues are different? Because the EDD ranges were shorter? Or because you’re buying a more expensive model and placed your order first?

Tesla has not “recognized any glitch” is my point.

MYP folks are frustrated because they thought they joined a different queue. And that swappers should join the back of the queue. But the two queues are one and the same.

What led you all to think the queues are different? Because the EDD ranges were shorter? Or because you’re buying a more expensive model and placed your order first?
I see we're not going to break any new ground by continuing this discussion.

If I were in your shoes I'd switch too.

What led folks to think the queues were different? The EDD Tesla advertises on the order page. EDD for MYP is ~2-3 months while for MYLR is 9-12+ months. It isn't unreasonable to assume the estimate is a reflection of two different queues or at least somewhat accurate. Nor is it unreasonable to be frustrated when someone who switches their order to MYP gets prioritized while your order gets pushed past the original EDD.

I don't see any reason to attack folk for switching or being frustrated with the situation. This is the process Tesla has set up so any negative feelings should be directed at them.

Not sure I fully understand your point but Tesla is recognizing your MYLR OD when switching to P, not the date you made the switch as a new OD (which I think is what you're saying). This is the frustration most MYP folks have and Tesla needs to address. Unfortunately I don't think they have any motivation to do so.

I agree 100%

Reactions: VegasMYP
I see we're not going to break any new ground by continuing this discussion.

If I were in your shoes I'd switch too.

What led folks to think the queues were different? The EDD Tesla advertises on the order page. EDD for MYP is ~2-3 months while for MYLR is 9-12+ months. It isn't unreasonable to assume the estimate is a reflection of two different queues or at least somewhat accurate. Nor is it unreasonable to be frustrated when someone who switches their order to MYP gets prioritized while your order gets pushed past the original EDD.

I don't see any reason to attack folk for switching or being frustrated with the situation. This is the process Tesla has set up so any negative feelings should be directed at them.
Now imagine how frustrated MYLR customers are when their EDD keeps getting pushed out by customers who order MYPs after them, and get the car sooner, because MYPs are becoming more popular and affordable relative to the price increases of the LR.

We are not breaking ground in this discussion because MYP customers refuse to acknowledge the equivalency here. It’s a great car. Everyone wants one. Everyone is waiting longer.

I’ll end by saying I really hope you all get your cars soon. It’s a bummer that we have these unrealistic expectations for our EDDs, and they end up being inaccurate because everyone wants a model Y these days, and the world is going through a supply chain crisis.

And at the end of the day there are so many people swapping to MYP because the car is currently so much more worth it than the MYLR. You all made a great choice.

It was a long long long Journey. It was well worth the wait. It’s Beautiful. I love it. All the gaps are great. I do notice the Glove box looks to be a little off. The right side of the glove box door hangs about 3/16 lower than the left side. I went over a lot with the SA. His name is Emanuel. He had everything set up for me. I accepted the delivery from his phone. It’s 100 miles for anything I see. He told me to just report it in the app. It took about 20 or so minutes for Auto pilot and navigation to calibrate. I have it home now. I will go through all the functions now. You can watch all the videos. Until you actually get in and are behind the wheel. It’s just not the same. The interior looks phenomenal. Oh my lord. Them White seats. Lol. I’ll probably just install a few accessories today. Floor mat’s and center consuls tray’s. Maybe the screen protector. Good luck to everyone waiting. It won’t disappoint you.
1653148639508.jpeg